• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Quick DMC questions

Blade8513

By the way, while you play 1-4 it is worth knowing that after dmc1 the guy who created Dante and who led the team that made dmc1...well that guy and his team was not put on the job to make dmc2.
And that is why dmc2 turned out way it did.
Around same time as dmc2, the creator Hideki Kamiya, left capcom.

Oh I see, that explains why so many people talk badly about the second one, I will keep that in mind, I have seen some people say its really not that bad, its just bad for a DMC game and the biggest complaint seems to be Dante's change of attitude and that the difficulty was toned down a lot I but can get over that stuff, especially if I can just set it on a harder difficulty.

IncarnatedDemon

Oh I see, that explains why so many people talk badly about the second one, I will keep that in mind, I have seen some people say its really not that bad, its just bad for a DMC game and the biggest complaint seems to be Dante's change of attitude and that the difficulty was toned down a lot I but can get over that stuff, especially if I can just set it on a harder difficulty.
Everything is about context.

dmc2 isnt very bad for a ordinary game, for being sequel to dmc1...its bad.
dmc4 is pretty good but fans expected better, therefor it is lacking
DmC REBOOT is good but in context to dmc standard, what fans were told to expect and it being FIFTH "dmc" game...it sucks balls.

and btw dmc1 defined H&S genre that God of War is based on.
Its funny to me that u havent played dmc1 but uve played god of War. Thats like having run but never walked.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DMC2 was originally supposed to be another game. That's why there's such a large focus on Lucia and also why it plays so differently in comparison to 1. They shoved Dante in there at the last minute.

No, I don't have a source, it was just something I had heard before... in the distant past.

Anyway, DMC2 on DMD is still pretty easy (except for a few parts), so just get to that mode as soon as possible.

And the combat can still be pretty good, if you know how to turn it to your advantage, that is.

IncarnatedDemon

DMC2 was originally supposed to be another game. That's why there's such a large focus on Lucia and also why it plays so differently in comparison to 1. They shoved Dante in there at the last minute.

No, I don't have a source, it was just something I had heard before... in the distant past.

Anyway, DMC2 on DMD is still pretty easy (except for a few parts), so just get to that mode as soon as possible.

And the combat can still be pretty good, if you know how to turn it to your advantage, that is.
Dont spoil the game for him...

Blade8513

I mean, get ready for people to give you **** because you liked DmC.

But whatever. Hopefully, you'll get lucky and they'll just let you slide. :D

Anyway, get all four games, but play them in this order:

2, 3, 1, 4.

Get 2 out of the way, since it sort of acts as it's own side story, and just enjoy the gameplay with the rest of the games.

1 is... serviceable, but 3 is where it gets really good. 4 takes a few moves out of 3, so it's not as good, in my honest opinion. But it's still very much enjoyable, from a gameplay perspective, anyway.

Just don't let the story, backtracking, Nero, and Dante's suddenly nonsensical attitude (especially the confetti scene) get you down. Because confetti Dante ruined the character for me, in my opinion.

I came up with a theory that he went insane from all that power coursing through his body and brain. But since people don't really want to hear it, I've stopped talking about it.

I'll just start a thread, that way I won't have to mention it anymore.
Lmfao Im not worried about what people say to me over the internet, yeah I liked DmC, nothing anybody says is going to change that, but thanks man I will probably play 2 first since it seems to be the one game just about everybody disliked, and yeah I wont let any of that bother me, if I am enjoying the gameplay then ill be happy, I have been wondering about nero, is he related to Dante or Vergil in anyway?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I have been wondering about nero, is he related to Dante or Vergil in anyway?
Oh ****, here's where it "all went bad".

Nero is "supposed" to be Vergil's son (since it hints at that being the case in the "official artbook" and the "official DMC4 novel"), but fans refuse to believe it.

So, Capcom is more or less stuck. The only way to fix this story, imho, is through a retcon.

Not to mention, that this was before the "DmC hate" debacle (if it was that bad then imagine how much worse it got recently).

Fans have always more-or-less made things painful for Capcom, from my point of view.

Blade8513

Everything is about context.

dmc2 isnt very bad for a ordinary game, for being sequel to dmc1...its bad.
dmc4 is pretty good but fans expected better, therefor it is lacking
DmC REBOOT is good but in context to dmc standard, what fans were told to expect and it being FIFTH "dmc" game...it sucks balls.

and btw dmc1 defined H&S genre that God of War is based on.
Its funny to me that u havent played dmc1 but uve played god of War. Thats like having run but never walked.

Yeah after getting beating DmC I read into it some after I beat it and I realized what you just said is very true, I my self am confused as to how I never played the original series seeing as how played a lot of Capcom games and always loved stuff anything involving violence, I remember I played a game called bloodrayne in my younger years but after seeing the massive dedicated fanbase DMC has I really don't see how I didn't play them when they first came out either.

IncarnatedDemon

Yeah after getting beating DmC I read into it some after I beat it and I realized what you just said is very true, I my self am confused as to how I never played the original series seeing as how played a lot of Capcom games and always loved stuff anything involving violence, I remember I played a game called bloodrayne in my younger years but after seeing the massive dedicated fanbase DMC has I really don't see how I didn't play them when they first came out either.
Youve played Darksiders 2 - thats in my opinion a decent game. Did you know that developers of that game took inspiration from Devil may cry? They did :)

And here are two other games you MUST play: Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.
I wont spoil the games for you, but they are epic H&S games.

Dante from Devil MAy cry (Not reboot Dante) is King of H&S
cereza (protaganist of Bayonetta) is Queen of H&S

Oh and whats even shocking is that Bayonetta...is made by devil may cry creator.

Blade8513

Oh ****, here's where it "all went bad".

Nero is "supposed" to be Vergil's son (since it hints at that being the case in the "official artbook" and the "official DMC4 novel"), but fans refuse to believe it.

So, Capcom is more or less stuck. The only way to fix this story, imho, is through a retcon.

Not to mention, that this was before the "DmC hate" debacle (if it was that bad then imagine how much worse it got recently).

Fans have always more-or-less made things painful for Capcom, from my point of view.

I think thats pretty cool though, I have a couple questions, do we know who Nero's mother is? also is he the same as dante and vergil? Correct me if im wrong, but dante and vergil are half demons right? So my question is if his mother is a regular human is he less powerful than Dante & Vergil or just as powerful? And I guess I could understand the hate, that would be like (For me anyway) Ed Boon coming out with a new mortal kombat and having no original characters changing the ones that I have grown to know and love drastically, I would be very very unpleased so I guess I can see where the fans of the original series are coming from with the hate.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think thats pretty cool though, I have a couple questions, do we know who Nero's mother is? also is he the same as dante and vergil? Correct me if im wrong, but dante and vergil are half demons right? So my question is if his mother is a regular human is he less powerful than Dante & Vergil or just as powerful?
Well, it goes kind of like this: (play the music to get the full effect)

1. No. No one knows who Nero's mother is. The people on the island of Fortuna assumed she was a prostitute, because she abandoned Nero on the steps of an orphanage.

However, since Vergil is attracted to power, and since Nero is (presumably) a quarter demon, the human must have been an extremely powerful witch, like Eva was (again, presumably, since the only one who said so was hideki kamiya).

2. Nero is (presumably) a quarter demon, since he was created by a half demon and a human. Also, Sanctus said that Nero had "the blood of Sparda in his veins" but wasn't as "powerful as Dante" (when he said that he should have stuck to his original plan at the end of the game).

3. According to "in-game canon" Nero is physically stronger than Dante (because Dante said that humans have something that demons do not, which is presumed to be... love, I guess? :ermm:)

However, I don't think he has as much demonic magic in him as Dante does. Strength doesn't necessarily equal power, especially when you're talking about magic, from my point of view.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bonus:

Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising have great gameplay... but I absolutely hated their stories. And some people have said (I won't say who) that MGR doesn't have "that many combos". Their words, not mine.

However, I didn't like either games in comparison to DMC3 and Darksiders 2. This is just my personal preference, so play what you want, and keep what you like.

Blade8513

Youve played Darksiders 2 - thats in my opinion a decent game. Did you know that developers of that game took inspiration from Devil may cry? They did :)

And here are two other games you MUST play: Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising.
I wont spoil the games for you, but they are epic H&S games.

Dante from Devil MAy cry (Not reboot Dante) is King of H&S
cereza (protaganist of Bayonetta) is Queen of H&S

Oh and whats even shocking is that Bayonetta...is made by devil may cry creator.

Yeah man I really enjoyed darksiders 2, I thought the games visuals, voice acting, and gameplay were pretty damn good, and surprisingly a few of the puzzles actually stumped me for a while, and that was awesome to me. I have heard a lot about bayonetta and that's it is also a must play, and once I finish all of the DMC games that's probably next on my list, and that's cool I would have never known that game was made by the same guy, ill eventually do metal gear since I remember toonami said they came out with that legacy collection which is perfect since I have yet to play a MGS game besides one of the ones my friends brought over back in the day for the PS2. And yeah I agree, from what I have read and seen the original Dante is the undisputed king of hack and slash, same goes for cereza about being the queen, apparently Hideki Kamiya is the man when it comes to Hack and Slash games.

IncarnatedDemon

Metal Gear Rising story is no worse than reboot's story. Ocasionally you will have some scenes ruin the mood of the story though. Anyway it is true that MGR has quite alot flaws, but it is still a good game. You should only adjust your price, so instead of paying $60, pay $35.
And considering MGR is a new entry, a foundation, for Metal Gear H&S , and that it was developed with around 2 years...it turned out pretty good.

Now as for dmc4...Nero isn't stronger than Dante. What Dante meant about humans is that they have a soul, and this soul makes them endure hardship because they have love in their heart which makes them be able to overcome things and become stronger for sake of people they love.

This is repeated many times. Refer to Sanctus - credo incident and Nero-Sanctus end scene.

Blade8513

Well, it goes kind of like this: (play the music to get the full effect)

1. No. No one knows who Nero's mother is. The people on the island of Fortuna assumed she was a prostitute, because she abandoned Nero on the steps of an orphanage.

However, since Vergil is attracted to power, and since Nero is (presumably) a quarter demon, the human must have been an extremely powerful witch, like Eva was (again, presumably, since the only one who said so was hideki kamiya).

2. Nero is (presumably) a quarter demon, since he was created by a half demon and a human. Also, Sanctus said that Nero had "the blood of Sparda in his veins" but wasn't as "powerful as Dante" (when he said that he should have stuck to his original plan at the end of the game).

3. According to "in-game canon" Nero is physically stronger than Dante (because Dante said that humans have something that demons do not, which is presumed to be... love, I guess? :ermm:)

However, I don't think he has as much demonic magic in him as Dante does. Strength doesn't necessarily equal power, especially when you're talking about magic, from my point of view.

Bonus:

Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising have great gameplay... but I absolutely hated their stories. And some people have said (I won't say who) that MGR doesn't have "that many combos". Their words, not mine.

However, I didn't like either games in comparison to DMC3 and Darksiders 2. This is just my personal preference, so play what you want, and keep what you like.

So it is safe to assume that nero is the son of vergil but his mother is ultimately unknown, and that he is physically stronger than Dante but not all together only in terms of physical strength since Sanctus said he isn't as powerful as Dante, lol this story sounds so interesting I cant wait to play 1-4, I don't mind a few spoilers so do we ever see what the original series sparda looks like? Does he have a human appearance and a demon form or was he just a straight up demon?

IncarnatedDemon

So it is safe to assume that nero is the son of vergil but his mother is ultimately unknown, and that he is physically stronger than Dante but not all together only in terms of physical strength since Sanctus said he isn't as powerful as Dante, lol this story sounds so interesting I cant wait to play 1-4, I don't mind a few spoilers so do we ever see what the original series sparda looks like? Does he have a human appearance and a demon form or was he just a straight up demon?
You get a idea of how Sparda looks like. But its poor designs in my opinion.
dmc story is interesting, but its a big mess at times.

dmc1 story is best of them all.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Metal Gear Rising story is no worse than reboot's story.
I said, "in my opinion".

You say it as if it were fact. You do this in every thread.

Every.

Single.

Thread.

Therefore, I refuse to take your posts (that are clearly biased) seriously.

I cant wait to play 1-4, I don't mind a few spoilers so do we ever see what the original series sparda looks like? Does he have a human appearance and a demon form or was he just a straight up demon?

Sparda.jpg

He's a pure demon who gave up his power, and divided it into four parts.

The Demon World (where you unlock Sparda's Devil Trigger)

Dante's Silver Amulet

Vergil's Gold Amulet (which changed to silver in DMC1... I'll just say that it was an effect of the underworld).

Force Edge (Sparda's sword and the image of Vergil's summoned swords (but not his DMC1 summoned sword, which is just a regular sword).

Blade8513

You get a idea of how Sparda looks like. But its poor designs in my opinion.
dmc story is interesting, but its a big mess at times.

dmc1 story is best of them all.
Lmao sorry im such a noob and I have a feeling this is a dumb question but screw it ima ask anyway...could sparda beat dante or vergil in a fight? Lets say they are all bloodlusted and all have their powers/abilities and are all at their peaks/prime when it comes to their powers and fighting ability? Or is not enough known about sparda to answer that question? Also let me know if the whole VS. thing is not allowed here because I will remove the post if that's the case.

IncarnatedDemon

I said, "in my opinion".

You say it as if it were fact. You do this in every thread.

Every.

Single.

Thread.

Therefore, I refuse to take your posts (that are clearly biased) seriously.
Ok, let me say it in a more friendly way,
I dont think reboot's story is any greater than MGRs.
And if it is, it's by a slight amount.
I'd go as far and make assertion that MGR's story was more meaningful than reboots.

However, MGR's story was made stupid with many things in it. You probably know what i mean.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lmao sorry im such a noob and I have a feeling this is a dumb question but screw it ima ask anyway...could sparda beat dante or vergil in a fight?
Yes. Since he managed to defeat Mundus, I think he could beat them both in a fight (even at the same time, if need be).

Blade8513

Sparda.jpg

He's a pure demon who gave up his power, and divided it into four parts.

The Demon World (where you unlock Sparda's Devil Trigger)

Dante's Silver Amulet

Vergil's Gold Amulet (which changed to silver in DMC1... I'll just say that it was an effect of the underworld.

Force Edge (Sparda's sword and the image of Vergil's summoned swords (but not his DMC1 summoned sword, which is just a regular sword).[/quote]

First off I got to thank everybody on here so far for not being dicks, I was expecting to come on here and just get blasted for anything and everything I said since I don't know everything about DMC (Yet lol) , Ima probably get blasted for this but I think it would be cool to have a prequel game in which you get to play as sparda so we could learn more about him and how he got to be who he was. Lol now my question is hair (In the original series) were Dante and Vergil both born with the white hair? And is the demon form spardas "true form" or what? I'm sorry for all the questions im just really interested in the story and everything.

Top Bottom