• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PSP2,simple as that...as in PlayStation 2

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Here you go.I hope I'm not too late :

psp_ngp.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img37/1579/ngpz.jpg

content_round.php

The Specs:

CPU: TBD
RAM: TBD
Storage:
Display: 5 inch OLED with 960 x 544 resolution
Wireless: WiFi, 3G, GPS
Inputs: Touchscreen, touch sensitive back panel, D-pad, L/R shoulder buttons, standard PlayStation buttons

The Games

Uncharted
Killzone
WipeOut
Resistance
LittleBigPlanet
Hustle Kings
Hot Shots Golf

unchartedpsp.jpg

original.jpg

livearea.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/26/sony-reveal-ngp-as-next-portable-games-device/#

Update :

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/27/ngp_3g/

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/27/sony_ngp_specs/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/27/official-specs-and-photos-of-ngp-sonys-next-handheld/#

Hardware

CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)

GPU: SGX543MP4+

Size: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Screen: 5-inch OLED (16:9) 960 x 544 px. displays approximately 16 million colors

Touchpad: Multi touch pad on front, Multi touch pad (capacitive type) in rear

Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera

Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone

Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass

Keys / Switches
PS button
Power button
Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
Right and left Dual Analog Sticks
START button, SELECT button
Volume buttons (+/-)

Communication

Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

Media

NGP uses "New Game Medium" a flash memory based card dedicated for the system. The card is writable and it allows users to store saved games and DLC directly onto the card.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/27/what-third-party-developers-had-to-say-about-ngp/#

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/27/ngp_third_parties/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/27/these-third-party-developers-are-backing-sonys-ngp/#

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
More info of PSP2:

Sony’s just fired us over the full fact sheet for the PSP2, which is dubbed NGP as you’ll know from our write-up earlier this morning. Fact sheets aren’t normally something we cover here on TheSixthAxis, but we’ll grab the best bits and make sure you’re fully up to speed, quoting ad verbatim where appropriate.

Release Date: NGP will make its debut at the end of the year 2011.

Connectivity: By having both Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity, together with various applications, NGP will enable infinite possibilities for users to “encounter,” “connect,” “discover,” “share” and “play” with friends wherever they are. Within the device are a range of features that provide a genuinely cutting-edge, next generation ultimate portable entertainment experience.

Screen: NGP incorporates a beautiful multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display. A high-performance CPU / GPU combined with OLED enables rich, visually striking graphics never seen before on a portable entertainment system, for both games and other digital entertainment content. The new system also incorporates a unique multi-touch pad on the rear, and together with the front touch display, NGP offers new game play allowing users to interact directly with games in three dimension-like motion, through “touch, grab, trace, push and pull” moves of the fingers.

Design: While succeeding the basic design philosophy of PSP, NGP adopts the Super Oval Design form factor, created to fit comfortably in users’ hands. For the first time, a portable entertainment system will feature two analog sticks, which enable a wider range of game genres to be brought into the portable experience.

LiveArea: Every game title for NGP will be provided with a space called “LiveAreaTM” where users can share the fun and excitement with other players. Users will have access to the latest information of games provided from SCE and 3rd party developers and publishers through PlayStation®Network. Additionally, NGP users will be able to view an “Activity” log that is constantly updated with accomplishments from users who are playing the same game, which in turn can trigger active real-time communication among users.

Near: SCE will also provide location-based services on NGP as part of the basic features utilizing PlayStation Network. The new application called “Near,” developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed in the system to let users find out what their friends in the vicinity are playing now or what they were playing recently. Users can meet their friends and new players virtually, regardless of what games they are playing, simply by sharing their game information across different dimensions of time and distance.

New Game Medium: NGP adopts a new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for NGP software titles. Taking advantage of the flash memory feature, this innovative card can store the full software titles plus add-on game content or the game save data directly on to the card. By adopting flash memory based card, SCE will be able to provide game cards with higher capacity in the future, allowing developers to store more game data to deliver rich and immersive games.

Cameras: NGP will also come equipped with two cameras on its front and rear, as well as three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass, all of which are designed to enable users to enjoy the world of entertainment that is linked with real life experiences.

PlayStation Suite: PlayStation Suite (PS Suite), announced today, will also closely coordinate with NGP. The newly developed and released game content for AndroidT based portable devices can also be enjoyed on NGP. As a result, users will have access to not only the most leading-edge content, but also some of the more casual experiences that typify the mobile market place.

And those all-important figures?

* CPU: ARM® CortexTM-A9 core (4 core)
* GPU:SGX543MP4+
* External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth)
* Screen: 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED – Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
* Rear touch pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
* Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
* Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone<
* Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic compass<
* Keys / Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons (+/-)
* Wireless communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1)(Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR ?A2DP/AVRCP/HSP

Beastly.

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/01/27/official-psp2-ngp-fact-sheet/

aka958

Don't trust people
Uhh...

It looks so small...
Can't they give it a bigger screen or something? I mean, sure small is portable but you must be able to hold it steady and you must be able to see what's one the screen.

WHY SO SMALL!?! O_O

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The game list is certainly lacking especially compared to the 3DS which is receiving LOADS of well known games.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Considering one Kojima'scomment,it seems that the PSP2 has some kind of "cloud computing" system or something...right now the speculation about the PSP2 being able to play the PS3 games seems to becoming more than just specualtions and rumors...:D

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;298498 said:
Considering one Kojima'scomment,it seems that the PSP2 has some kind of "cloud computing" system or something...right now the speculation about the PSP2 being able to play the PS3 games seems to becoming more than just specualtions and rumors...:D

Say whaaaaaaat???

Epic.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
*huge sigh of relief*

A second analog stick at long long long long last. Since the PSP 1000 thats all I ever wanted and im not the only one I imagine.

Just seeing something in that empty void where it always should have been brings a smile to my face.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
ToCool74;298496 said:
The game list is certainly lacking especially compared to the 3DS which is receiving LOADS of well known games.

Nintendo has more than likely been working on 3DS before Sony working on PSP2, which would explain why it is that way. From what I heard, developers had the specs for 3DS before the PSP2. Also, its Nintendo...everyone loves Nintendo and everyone wants to make Nintendo-level of money.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
I hope we will finally get a devil may cry game on the new NGP
along with other action adventure game like bayonetta, darksiders, and ninja gaiden

aka958;298485 said:
Uhh...

It looks so small...
Can't they give it a bigger screen or something? I mean, sure small is portable but you must be able to hold it steady and you must be able to see what's one the screen.

WHY SO SMALL!?! O_O

Even though it is a small portable system, but it is a slightly bigger than the original 1000 series system and it's screen. I wonder if sony is going to make something like an ipad? ^_^

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i honestly dislike the fact that they have a touchpad..because now that's all companies are going to do...and as much as the second analog stick is wanted by others, i feel like it's going to get in the way and take a LOT of getting used to

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
GamblingGambitCloud;298758 said:
i honestly dislike the fact that they have a touchpad..because now that's all companies are going to do...and as much as the second analog stick is wanted by others, i feel like it's going to get in the way and take a LOT of getting used to

Touch screen is the future. Companies already did it before Sony, they just joining the foray.

I'm kind of curious about your reasoning on how the second analog is going to get in the way, or take a lot to get used to for that matter.

The second analog is essentially the other "gimmick" Sony has against 3DS and its 3D screen besides 3G and better specs. With that, you can add games previously unwieldy on previous handhelds no problem.

Meg

Esura;298771 said:
The second analog is essentially the other "gimmick" Sony has against 3DS and its 3D screen besides 3G and better specs. With that, you can add games previously unwieldy on previous handhelds no problem.

In other words shooters won't suck anymore! :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;298794 said:
In other words shooters won't suck anymore! :lol:

Shooters won't suck that much* on the PSP anymore. :p

Shooters feels so much more smooth on the PC. Analog sticks doesn't have the precise and quick movement like a mouse. Not that I like shooters or anything. :unsure:

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
the analog looks like a very uncomfortable position in relation to the square, cross, triangle, and circle buttons. And the touchpad is exactly that...a gimmick...there is no need for the touchpad...in fact, unless they have a switch to deactivate it, it could quite possibly effect ur gaming if, like myself, you hold the system in a certain way.

Top Bottom