• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PSP vs iPod Touch

Sicktress

Artist
Hey guys, I'm facing a dilemna, so maybe some of you own one or both of these things. I'm getting a bonus and want to waste it on some technology I don't really need! :D I looked them both up but websites always write the best things, not the cons. So, I'm calling upon the Devil May Cry brethren to help me out. Let the debate begin!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Re: PSP vs iPod Tuch

Well it depends what you want really.

The iPod touch is basically for people who have more money than sense, whereas the PSP is basically little more than a portable gaming console that can play music, I myself have a PSP and it doesn't see a great deal of use, then again, nothing does since I picked up my 360.

It's difficult to compare the two really, I suppose it's down to personal preference and what you're looking for, if you want a gaming platform, go for the PSP, if you want everything else, get the iPod Touch.

Sicktress

Artist

I don't really have a set "want", the Touch has the web, the PSP has games, I like both but my main reason for getting them is music and videos. I like the iPod touch;s ability to get stuff from iTunes, Plus I have a mac so they go together, but I'm drooling over the Darth Vader PSP. But I love all things Mac, hence my dilemna. The iPod is 100 bucks more than a PSP. How is the software? Can I take stuff from iTunes and put it on a PSP? Do they have playlists and such?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?

Well, you can pretty much take anything from your computer and put it onto your PSP, providing you have a correct USB link cable for it, but it's not like they're hard to come by.

If you're looking mainly for the music and videos part of it, then I suggest the iPod Touch, music on the PSP suffers quite badly because of the small speakers and unfortunate compression, it's nice for portable gaming, but not so great for a music/video system, Sony sort of failed making the PSP a multi-media sort of thing, no one wants to buy a movie again so they can watch it in Teeny-Weeny-Eye-Strain-O-Vision.

Really, if your main priority for buying them is because of the video/music abilities, then I do strongly suggest the iPod Touch.

Sicktress

Artist

Ahh, Thanks! I dont want to buy any teeny DVDS! I didnt know that, I saw them in stores and didnt think anyone actually bought them!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium

I think that because you have the money get a PSP and then buy some kind of other MP4, does the same job as the ipod, just cheaper really, and the PSP has games that you can play at work :p

Keaton

Premium

I have a PSP, I use it for gaming and UMD films it works and is superior to the iPod in that regard.

But if you want a superior and more compact (by a margin) music player the iPod is where you need to go.

PSP: Games and Films
iPod: Music

^____^

Sicktress

Artist

I went to touch the iPod today, and normally I love Apple to a fault, but the ipod was just so.. thin.. and the touch screen didn't respond sometimes. How is the PSP for viewing images? I heard the PSP is 24-bit for images and ipod is only 18.. If thats true I am definately going with the PSP..

Top Bottom