• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS4 and X1 controller thread

aoshi

:blink: you know what would happen if we did!
968375-n64_controller.jpg

IT'D BE LIKE THIS ALL OVER AGAIN :(

That and because it's more natural to players, you know? Me personally...I want keyboard and mouse to be compatible.
That's my way to play.

No.

We certainly will not be going backwards if new buttons can be added. We have two analog sticks now compared to your example. Does that make new controllers complicated??? Certainly not.

I would have liked an extra face button for games like DMC 4 which had too many toggle controls.

Better explained here:

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/functional-specification-for-next-gen-controller.16735/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think I'll be sticking with Playstation again. I just can't get to grips with the Xbox controllers. The layout is strange to me, and awkward to use for my hands.
Got to admit, I'll be excited to see what they do with the PS4 touch screen. Maybe use it as a toggle option on the fly? I hope it won't be a under used gimmick like the PS3 motion controls were.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
No.

We certainly will not be going backwards if new buttons can be added. We have two analog sticks now compared to your example. Does that make new controllers complicated??? Certainly not.

I would have liked an extra face button for games like DMC 4 which had too many toggle controls.

Better explained here:

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/functional-specification-for-next-gen-controller.16735/
I know I was just messing around! New buttons wouldn't be a problem, but where they are located is.
I think I'll be sticking with Playstation again. I just can't get to grips with the Xbox controllers. The layout is strange to me, and awkward to use for my hands.
Got to admit, I'll be excited to see what they do with the PS4 touch screen. Maybe use it as a toggle option on the fly? I hope it won't be a under used gimmick like the PS3 motion controls were.
Serious? I was raised with PS controllers, but as of recently I can't seem to get used to the analog sticks, like I have to invert my hands, or turn it into the controller to use the sticks right. Might be because of how small it is though...and PS4 controller is bigger.
But, I love the X360 controller because the sticks are more natural to me, you know where a person's thumbs should be at when on what I call "Auto-pilot" mode.
It's like for me to play PS games with their sticks, I NEED to concentrate, to do that little gamer lean forward when things get intense. With 360 I don't need to do that. :L It's strange...might be because of practice I suppose.
As for X1 controller...it's actually a little smaller than 360, so that will be extremely hard to get used to at first.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Serious? I was raised with PS controllers, but as of recently I can't seem to get used to the analog sticks, like I have to invert my hands, or turn it into the controller to use the sticks right. Might be because of how small it is though...and PS4 controller is bigger.
But, I love the X360 controller because the sticks are more natural to me, you know where a person's thumbs should be at when on what I call "Auto-pilot" mode.
It's like for me to play PS games with their sticks, I NEED to concentrate, to do that little gamer lean forward when things get intense. With 360 I don't need to do that. :L It's strange...might be because of practice I suppose.
As for X1 controller...it's actually a little smaller than 360, so that will be extremely hard to get used to at first.
I remember when games moved from using the d-pad to the sticks, and I was terrible at playing games then. But I got used to it, so I guess it's a case of adapting. Maybe if I used the xbox more, I would find using the controller easier.
However, to this day, I do not use the shoulder buttons with both fingers. I just use my index fingers.:p I just never needed to have all four fingers on all four triggers, so I just trigger with my 2 index fingers.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I remember when games moved from using the d-pad to the sticks, and I was terrible at playing games then. But I got used to it, so I guess it's a case of adapting. Maybe if I used the xbox more, I would find using the controller easier.
However, to this day, I do not use the shoulder buttons with both fingers. I just use my index fingers.:p I just never needed to have all four fingers on all four triggers, so I just trigger with my 2 index fingers.
That's exactly how I do it. On both systems, actually! I remember playing Final Fantasy 8 using the D-pad only, got that made me mad so much. I can just quick switch from the trigger to the shoulder buttons easier like that, the only time I do otherwise is if I "Crab Claw" the controller when playing games on different layouts.
Seriously I want a keyboard and mouse for Next-gen...that's all I really really want. :'(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Over the years I have used many controllers but I have found the 360 ones to be the best I have ever used. I tried to use PS2 and PS3 controllers since and they felt like toys, just couldnt get used to them again. I used to love the original dualshock but now after using others I feel like im going to break it and its much too light. Sony needed to do something new with their controllers because there are many that disliked lack of advancement in the PS3 controller after the boomerang u-turn. I have grown to dislike how close together the Sony pads sticks are over the years. D-Pads are only really used for inventory quick linking and switching between modes these days so can see why they are still rather clunky.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I never really liked the 360 controller myself. It felt too bulky and wierd to me.

Playstation controllers feel more comfortable so I prefer them over the Xbox's.

Sidenote: The Gamecube controller is my favorite overall.

Top Bottom