• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PS3 or X360?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;278083 said:
Well technically they shouldnt be as they are a 3rd party developer and are free to develop games for anyone. They have jumped on the multi-platform bandwagon too now as FFXIII was released for 360 despite Sony saying for years it was PS3 exclusive. In order to keep Sony happy for this though they made some games exclusive shortly after (FFXIII Versus) but id say those days are pretty much over now as the profit lies elsewhere in the multi-platform market plus the game hasnt yet got a release date.

So, does that mean Square Enix are prepared to make more multi platform games? Seems good to me.

I don't think it is right to make games region locked. Feels... wrong, in my opinion.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;278085 said:
So, does that mean Square Enix are prepared to make more multi platform games? Seems good to me.

I don't think it is right to make games region locked. Feels... wrong, in my opinion.

Id imagine so yeah as thats where the profit is unless you can build a successful franchise on one console. Lots of companies end up branching out to multi-platform (look at Bungie of Halo fame). They made one of the most successful game series ever made on any console and it was an exclusive series but even they have decided to go multi-format with their next game.

It a pain if games are expensive in your area and you cant import them.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;278087 said:
Id imagine so yeah as thats where the profit is unless you can build a successful franchise on one console. Lots of companies end up branching out to multi-platform (look at Bungie of Halo fame). They made one of the most successful game series ever made on any console and it was an exclusive series but even they have decided to go multi-format with their next game.

It a pain if games are expensive in your area and you cant import them.

It is. PS3 games are way expensive than Xbox 360 games here... Don't know what's the reason.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;278089 said:
It is. PS3 games are way expensive than Xbox 360 games here... Don't know what's the reason.

Blu Ray discs are the reason, they are expensive to manufacture games on unfortunately.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;278090 said:
Blu Ray discs are the reason, they are expensive to manufacture games on unfortunately.

Oh yeah, I forgotten that fact. :lol: Thanks. :)

I heard the reason why multi platform games are usually much more better in Xbox 360 instead of PS3 is because it is easier to code and stuff on DVDs. Is this true?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;278093 said:
Oh yeah, I forgotten that fact. :lol: Thanks. :)

I heard the reason why multi platform games are usually much more better in Xbox 360 instead of PS3 is because it is easier to code and stuff on DVDs. Is this true?

Not entirely no, its the SDK (Software Development Kits) that each company offer. Microsoft made theirs available way in advance so developers had plenty of time to get to grips with it. While Sony hid theirs for a long time and Microsofts SDK is very close to the PC's tools that many development teams have used for years so they would be instantly at home with it.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dark Drakan;278095 said:
Not entirely no, its the SDK (Software Development Kits) that each company offer. Microsoft made theirs available way in advance so developers had plenty of time to get to grips with it. While Sony hid theirs for a long time and Microsofts SDK is very close to the PC's tools that many development teams have used for years so they would be instantly at home with it.

So, the one who acts first and gets accustomed to their stuff will get advantage? Smart move, Mircosoft.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chaos Master;278097 said:
So, the one who acts first will get advantage? Smart move, Mircosoft.

In that case it worked because developers could optimise their games for the platform and had less glitches because they knew the tools well. However Sony had the chance to include newer tech by waiting (built in HD and Blu Ray) and technically the PS3 'should' outlast the 360 as more companies get used to coding games on 1 Blu Ray disc as opposed to 4 DVD's. Can be a hindrance though with higher production costs on Blu Ray and forced installs on PS3.

Analysts have said though that they will both be going a long time yet so neither companies will be worrying.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Personally, I'm not getting the most out of either console. (No proper internet connection so no online play and no decent tv to play them on.)
My PS3 is a few days old, so i'm still getting used to it.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Vergil'sB*tch;278105 said:
Personally, I'm not getting the most out of either console. (No proper internet connection so no online play and no decent tv to play them on.)

Sorry to hear it has not been working out for you, I hope something happens that allows you to enjoy it better! I know how it feels to get something expensive and then it sucks -_-

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vergil'sB*tch;278105 said:

Plenty of time to get decent internet connection and a HDTV in the future.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Dark Drakan;278121 said:
Plenty of time to get decent internet connection and a HDTV in the future.

Depends, you know, like me personally it would take forever to get another HDTV >.>

Either way, a 720P HDTV that goes for about $300 I think would go great.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ember To Inferno;278128 said:
Depends, you know, like me personally it would take forever to get another HDTV >.>

Either way, a 720P HDTV that goes for about $300 I think would go great.

Plenty of cheap offers out there around Christmas and Jan sales.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Dark Drakan;278131 said:
Plenty of cheap offers out there around Christmas and Jan sales.

True, completely forgot about that. Thanks for posting it here, might look into getting a 55inch 1080p....Although I doubt it, but I can dream!

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
SpawnShooter;278143 said:
I know quite a lot of people that own both and they all prefer the 360 as an all-round gaming console.

Sadly this is true, seeing as the 360 usually gets the better of the Multi-Platform games..The pros for it absolutely out-weigh the bad except for the Red Ring case. But the new Xbox is rumored not to, but we'll see.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ember To Inferno;278132 said:
True, completely forgot about that. Thanks for posting it here, might look into getting a 55inch 1080p....Although I doubt it, but I can dream!

I got a 32 inch 1080p TV some years ago and unlucky for me its price was dropped by £400 3 weeeks after i purchased it. :lol:

Ember To Inferno;278347 said:
Sadly this is true, seeing as the 360 usually gets the better of the Multi-Platform games..The cons for it absolutely out-weigh the bad except for the Red Ring case. But the new Xbox is rumored not to, but we'll see.

All tech can break if mistreated or if your just unlucky. Ive had a launch console and it died once but was poorly stored as i used to have a tiny room that was hot all the time due to radiator being broken and always on. However it lasted over 3 years before i got the RROD. It was fixed for free and has been fine ever since and as ive moved house since its stored perfectly now. Also think you mean the 'pros'. :lol:

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Dark Drakan;278352 said:
I got a 32 inch 1080p TV some years ago and unlucky for me its price was dropped by £400 3 weeeks after i purchased it. :lol:

All tech can break if mistreated or if your just unlucky. Ive had a launch console and it died once but was poorly stored as i used to have a tiny room that was hot all the time due to radiator being broken and always on. However it lasted over 3 years before i got the RROD. It was fixed for free and has been fine ever since and as ive moved house since its stored perfectly now. Also think you mean the 'pros'. :lol:

You and your lucky TV >_<, I'm stuck with a 32 as well, but it's only 720P :O

And yes, I meant pros, I'll edit that right away, sorry for the bad English.

Ember To Inferno;278354 said:
You and your lucky TV >_<, I'm stuck with a 32 as well, but it's only 720P :O

And yes, I meant pros, I'll edit that right away, sorry for the bad English.

You English is not bad, and could we please return to the topic i didn´t hear proper answer yet PS3 OR X360. Your opinion?^_^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
It really depends what your looking for in it and what you are going to want to do the most.

We can't really say that one is better than the other because it's all what people want in a console.

Top Bottom