• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Proof Theres Nothing to Worry About

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gracie

This is a quote from an article to 1up.com, the link to which I found on this very site

When I mention the fan reaction thus far to Jones and Antoniades, they point out that, since this is an origin story, DmC's Dante will evolve over the course of the game, so the Dante seen in the trailer won't be the same Dante on the screen for the entire game.

This and the fact that the game is set before DMC 1, means its pretty obvious you're looking at a younger dante, before he truly awakened to who he was. So this game will almost certainly be his journey from black haired young 'un to white haired bad ass.

[rant]Also, I'm going to get flamed for this for sure, but:

The complaints I see about the new look are actually more irritating than Dantes new look. You, (and you know who you are) should just stop whining and have a bit more faith. Jesus.
We know how much you hate the new look, okay? Please, please stop complaining about it. Everything to say has been said.

Move on.[/rant]

Anyway, yeah. I'm certain that during the game he'll become the white haired badass we all know and love.

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Gracie;297349 said:
This and the fact that the game is set before DMC 1, means its pretty obvious you're looking at a younger dante, before he truly awakened to who he was. So this game will almost certainly be his journey from black haired young 'un to white haired bad ass.

set before dmc 1? ahh man i thought that it going to be set before dmc3 story. dmc3 had the best story.

are they going to get rid of dmc3's story or the manga story? just to make clarification.

Chrysander

DmC is going to replace the story, so it's kind of irrelevant when it's set, since none of the other stuff has or will happen necessarily. So this is his new origin, no DMC3, no DMC1.

Regarding Dante evolving, we'll see what he evolves into. Might turn into something half decent, might turn out even worse, it's a big question mark at the moment. Regarding faith, it's also irrelevant whether we have faith or not. The game is going to turn out however it's going to turn out, good or bad. People are voicing their opinions on what we are shown now, not on what may or may not happen, and all we have is the trailer. Until there's more info, the negative feedback will continue.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Chrysander;297558 said:
DmC is going to replace the story, so it's kind of irrelevant when it's set, since none of the other stuff has or will happen necessarily. So this is his new origin, no DMC3, no DMC1.

Regarding Dante evolving, we'll see what he evolves into. Might turn into something half decent, might turn out even worse, it's a big question mark at the moment. Regarding faith, it's also irrelevant whether we have faith or not. The game is going to turn out however it's going to turn out, good or bad. People are voicing their opinions on what we are shown now, not on what may or may not happen, and all we have is the trailer. Until there's more info, the negative feedback will continue.
Well there goes some proof there is something to worry about. :lol:

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
kenjiharimaCU;297613 said:
Evolving? This is not a Pokemon game is it?

who knows? it could turn out to be anything. Dante needs something to help him feel better about the whole torture/imprisonment thing. i'm sure he would be alot happier if he had a Pikachu. DmC is trying to be more western and modern and apparently the new season of Pokemon is set in an area based on New York City. it would be a perfect fit. and Ninja Theory could do anything at this point.

Dominus

darkslayer13;297729 said:
who knows? it could turn out to be anything. Dante needs something to help him feel better about the whole torture/imprisonment thing. i'm sure he would be alot happier if he had a Pikachu. DmC is trying to be more western and modern and apparently the new season of Pokemon is set in an area based on New York City. it would be a perfect fit. and Ninja Theory could do anything at this point.

It would be cool though to see a system where u level up abilities in DMC, instead of buying abilities (always felt kind of dull to me and stale). If this happens theyd have to balance it out so the difficulty isn't too easy (so you can't grind to get past hard parts).

Ninja Theory also needs to level up their playability in games(bot their games were pretty short). I'm not going to wait several years just to get a game I get bored of in 6 hours...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dominus;297788 said:
It would be cool though to see a system where u level up abilities in DMC, instead of buying abilities (always felt kind of dull to me and stale). If this happens theyd have to balance it out so the difficulty isn't too easy (so you can't grind to get past hard parts).

Ninja Theory also needs to level up their playability in games(bot their games were pretty short). I'm not going to wait several years just to get a game I get bored of in 6 hours...

I dunno, DMC1 was about a six-hour game.

Dominus

Storm Silves;297791 said:
I dunno, DMC1 was about a six-hour game.

6 hours long sure, but the replay value was off the charts. In terms of what would be a good levelin up system would hopefully be an expansion of DMC3 styles upgrade system, except u get to pick pick the upgrade paths when u level up instead of 1 defined path.(and I kind of missed this system in DMC4).

lololololololololol

there is everything to worry about. Dante has gone super emo and thinks its edgy to burn people with cigaretts. his black hair signifies that this game is going ot be bad and i will not be buying it as it will be a flop as bad as DMC2 they should have never gone away from the old layout of DMC and i am personally offended by this trash.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
kenjiharimaCU;297613 said:
Evolving? This is not a Pokemon game is it?

Dante-mon gotta catch them, it's you and me, I know its my destiny, Dante-mon! :lol: A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY I couldn't resit :lol: :lol:

Andyuk101

I for one am not keen on the "new look" however i do think that going to the origin of Dante is a good idea, and the re-boot is a good thing. Theres alot of potential with the DMC universe, and i dont think that the first and 2nd games were any good, the 3rd and fourth games were awsome.:cool:

That being said, I hope he does turn into the bad ass we all know and love , over the game, otherwise i think theres gonna be an awful lot of fans out there , that we go mental about loosing not just an awsome hero, but one of the coolist game icons of all time. :)

I bought marvel vs capcom 3, just so i could wip ass as Dante :D

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
Sparda's rejected son;300110 said:
Dante-mon gotta catch them, it's you and me, I know its my destiny, Dante-mon! :lol: A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY I couldn't resit :lol: :lol:

:lol: Now that was funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom