• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Probably one of the best Nero theories so far (not by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxotic

THIS IS ALL DONE BY DWARFKICKER ON GAMEFAQS, NOT BY ME, SO ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM FOR THIS THEORY AND IS IN NO WAY MINE.

Bite your tongue until you read it. I'm not saying that Nero isn't a new different character. He is.

What have we been hearing from Nero? His battle quotes. They sound so familiar. Someone on the devil's-lai boards just confirmed that with one of his taunts in the demo that he slides his thumb across his neck (sorta like the your dead motion) and says "Scum." We got a couple of Vergil quotes now.

That taunt just made this theory pop right into my head, and it works in two different ways.

Back in DMC3, Dante and Vergil were young (definitely so by appearance). Vergil challenged Mundus, and we all assume that Vergil lost (based on the fact that he is a mute and appears mind-wiped in DMC1 as Nero Angelo).

Now Nero is confirmed to be human, with his demonic powers being linked to his possesed arm.

My theory touches on the fact (not in the literal sense of the word) that Nero is Vergil's cast off humanity.

Think about it. Nero appears as if he would be around the same age as both Dante and Vergil in DMC3. Take into account he looks like a son of Sparda. Now it has been confirmed that Nero is not a son of Sparda. And technically he isn't. Being that he is a cast off he is still his own being, and his own new character. But they also say he has a deeper connection to Dante. Dante can't be brother's with a cast off. But he can be brother's with the person that cast off is linked to.

The first way to look at this is that Nero was created the moment Mundus turned Vergil into Nero Angelo. Vergil became a full demon here and his humanity was discarded and thrown away. The order of the sword discovers this orphened child, and raise him (specifically Kyrie). Nero has no memory of his parents, no memory of his past. And if he grew up as a child then it explains why Dante looks so much older than the cast off Nero, because it grew up.

It is stated that Dante is in his 30s in DMC4. Let's say he was 19 in DMC3, same age (obviously) as Vergil when he was corrupted and changed by Mundus. This gives us plenty of time for Nero to grow up to the point of age as Dante was in DMC3 if not a few years younger. A nice striking comparison as to why Nero is much younger than Dante in DMC4.

Now for his possesed arm. He says "from that day my arm changed and voice echoed..."( you know the rest). It could be the day that Dante finally beat Nero Angelo, that the devil cast off (that being Nero Angelo) could have found it's way back off to it's cast off humanity and tried to restablish a link, thus the fate of Nero's arm, and the Vergil-like quote. And from that day, Nero chose to hide his demonically infected arm by gloving it and putting it in a sling.

Okay, idea number two. Nero was created the moment Nero Angelo was apparently destroyed. His energies were restructured into a younger human, and was found with no memory of his life or anything. Being that he still has no parents he is still considered and orphen, and Kyrie looked after him. The way the arm works is that it wasn't a possession now, but an awakening. Like one day, the arm just awakened, and the voice echoed.

Nero's outfit appears violet, if not really dark blue. His vapor trail of his sword is blue when he swings it. The mussle flash of his gun is blue when fired. His quotes, which were taken right from Vergil in DMC3. The voice echoeing for power. All this is just added evidence for my theory.

Yes, all demons want power and so on and so forth. But Capcom is making such a big deal out that line. Nero's appearance is way too similar to young Dante and young Vergil. Plus the fact that the producer was kind enough to let slip out that Dante and Nero do infact actually have a connection.

I really think the cast off theory works the best out of all Nero=Vergil theories so far. Keep in mind, Nero is still a brand new character. As he is right now, as we have seen him, he is not Vergil, he is Nero.

Vergil does play a role in the game and the reason why they won't divulge his role is because it would be a spoiler. Telling us that Vergil is Nero would be a huge spoiler. And Itsuno in an interview always said he wanted us to play a game that centered on Vergil (DMC3SE interview). I think we're getting that Vergil game, and there's a chance that it won't be Dante we switch to as the story progresses but Vergil once he becomes whole again (that's not to say we won't be playing as Dante).

Awesome theory right?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Very interesting Nero theory indeed. Thanks a lot for posting this, Nexon. +rep

I think I might even post about this on the front page and provide a link here. ;)

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
That is a very interesting and very plausible theory. In my eyes, there definitely a possibility that Vergil is Nero.

anit4e

Gaara *kiss*
OMG!!!! i had that feeling that Nero and Vergil are somehow conected but THIS!!!! THIS IS HUGE!!! :D NICE ONEE :D:D:D :)

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Kinda like Kingdom Hearts II
Vergil became a Heartless and his Nobody got left...
Nice way to put the poem...

very true theory....kinda similar to what i thought of him being a creation like trish just more in depth...i think this is true....great job

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Zeke Axel;17507 said:

I like that! I kinda think...well Nero seems to have some link to Vergil. so to think of it in KH (Kingdom Hearts) Style, Nero is Vergil's Nobody?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Zeke Axel;17507 said:

oh NOW i understand!! yeah that's quite clever (still stand by my theory though coz i'm stubborn!:p )

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Dude, he can't be the same age as BOTH Dante and Vergil because Vergil is older than Dante! (Hence why he's smarter and MUCH more mature).

hamshanks

Apprentice of Doom
Nelo Assholo;17827 said:
Dude, he can't be the same age as BOTH Dante and Vergil because Vergil is older than Dante! (Hence why he's smarter and MUCH more mature).

vergil is older than dante, but probably by only a minute or so. dante and vergil are twins.

and hes not the same age as the two of them, hes around the same age as them in DMC3

justice

»_")^Nexon^("_«;17463 said:
The first way to look at this is that Nero was created the moment Mundus turned Vergil into Nero Angelo. Vergil became a full demon here and his humanity was discarded and thrown away. The order of the sword discovers this orphened child, and raise him (specifically Kyrie). Nero has no memory of his parents, no memory of his past. And if he grew up as a child then it explains why Dante looks so much older than the cast off Nero, because it grew up.

It is stated that Dante is in his 30s in DMC4. Let's say he was 19 in DMC3, same age (obviously) as Vergil when he was corrupted and changed by Mundus. This gives us plenty of time for Nero to grow up to the point of age as Dante was in DMC3 if not a few years younger. A nice striking comparison as to why Nero is much younger than Dante in DMC4.

Now for his possesed arm. He says "from that day my arm changed and voice echoed..."( you know the rest). It could be the day that Dante finally beat Nero Angelo, that the devil cast off (that being Nero Angelo) could have found it's way back off to it's cast off humanity and tried to restablish a link, thus the fate of Nero's arm, and the Vergil-like quote. And from that day, Nero chose to hide his demonically infected arm by gloving it and putting it in a sling.

I had something of the same idea actually, i also thought of nero as a incarnation of virgil. but this does still not explain what it was that nero "took" from dante. I beilive that this theory is the plausible one but i cant help but wonder what it is that dante wnats back. i beilive that this is where the priests of the order of the sword come in cause i dont belive that dante would go evil, no way, to me the ony reasoble thing is that they took something from dante. and somehow gave it to nero. maybe they know who he is.

D

Deleted member 209

I like that because it explains or would explain why Dante would think that Nero would've stolen the amulet (I think that's what Dante was looking for)

and I heard that Nelo Angelo was a mistake in translation of the name Nero Angelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom