• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Review (Xbox 360)

Keaton

Premium
^Sadly that's a big ask these days.
I highly recommend TFS, heck, I recommend the other three games in the series (and the Prince of Persia that's un-associated with the Sands of Time Quadrilogy). Perhaps rent first, if you have three days you can easily get all you want from the game without the crippling cost.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^that is a little difficult for an action game,aka.Generally long games[I don't count replay value for the lenght of a game] fall into the categories of RPGS,Action-Adventure gaes and Adventure games.

But the thing that makes me wonder is how come Ubisoft never wondered about installing a new game + feature or some boss rush mode...

aka958

Don't trust people
Devil Bane;233496 said:
^that is a little difficult for an action game,aka.Generally long games[I don't count replay value for the lenght of a game] fall into the categories of RPGS,Action-Adventure gaes and Adventure games.

But the thing that makes me wonder is how come Ubisoft never wondered about installing a new game + feature or some boss rush mode...

Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, The Sand of Time trilogy, they all got much through the games. I got 150+ hours on DMC4. You can't take out replay value through the game, if the game is good and got a lot of replay value, then it will lengthen the time you play.

What is TFS?

Keaton

Premium
Devil Bane;233496 said:

New Game+ is present in this game, when you get the Sand-Medallion you regain all the levels and powers (excluding Storybased ones), which is helpful for achieving the full-amount of upgrades.

As for Boss-Rush, they have a combat challenge where you fight hordes of enemies, but there aren't enough bosses in the game to justify a boss-rush. Especially since most of the bosses are actually regular enemies.

As mentioned above, I would've preferred obstacle courses instead. They really missed an opportunity to really challenge the user (outside of the final 20 mins of play before the final boss), I can only imagine how fantastic some of their challenges could've been using the water mechanics.

EDIT: TFS = The Forgotten Sands

Keaton

Premium
aka958;233502 said:
But you said that everything could be completed 100% would take about 12+ hours.

Which is pretty much the main story, the only additional time comes from levelling up, beating the survival mode and replaying to break the sarcophagi.

It's still fun, just lacks the replay value.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Thanks Mr.Keaton and I'm getting it now.WOOOO,New game +.

@aka : Except for The sand trilogy[I count each game seprately] you can finsh it in 30 hours with everything[100%],it's the only one out of those you said that fall into the category of Action(Hack'n'Slash + Platformer).The rest are Action adventure games and Extreme combat ones[Ninja Gaiden Σ ΙΙ,DMC] and are meant to have this kind of lenght.When counting the lenght[story if you prefer] of a game you must take ut the replay value,as it contributes in other areas,not in the main story,or story at all.That's why I said that.

aka958

Don't trust people
But I said before that I was talking of gameplay, of course it lacks story. Story was never on the subject, I was talking gameplay length. Nothing else.

Top Bottom