• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pretend that Capcom released DMC5 last month and....

Would you play DMC5 if it was out instead of DmC?

• Yes

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Yes, but I would rent it

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I would be more eager for it, but to buy it? If capcom would listen to feedback just like after DMC2, then yes.
I don't think the Devil May Cry fanbase is a community who hold much constructive feedback because now the Devil May Cry fanbase is one of the worst gaming fandoms out there.

Dante47

I don't think the Devil May Cry fanbase is a community who hold much constructive feedback because now the Devil May Cry fanbase is one of the worst gaming fandoms out there.
Even as bad as Sonic? Probably. I wouldn't put that past us.Hopefully it'll get better.

We can't blame people for not likely or liking a game, but we can blame them for their fanaticism.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC4 sold more than DmC did in its first week also DMC lost more fans then gained them from DmC so its not hard to imagine DMC5 would do better than DmC especially if Capcom didn't rush it
Capcom didn't rush DMC 4. They just don't give a f*ck about the series and were at a creative dead end. They just wanted to milk DMC for some more money. At least Ninja Theory did what was asked of them and actually brought some creative integrity and originality to a franchise that never did anything new or interesting as the years went on. It was pretty much on the verge of stagnation whether you want to admit it or not. DMC 4 might have sold decently but it was a prime example of a series pushed the ringer being shaken down for sequels. Also it was not well received.

It deserves all the grief it got and I don't understand where this sudden change of heart comes from. DMC 4 was like Spider-Man 3, everyone saw/played it but also everyone hated it. It did not live up to the one that came before it especially after it also vastly improved upon a f*ck up. I gurantee you a hypothetical DMC 5 would NOT be better than DmC and it does get more hate than it deserves. This fanatical fans act like it's the worst game ever made. Are you kidding? That's ridiculous and very silly. This fanbase is very ridiculous. After all, Dante's new haircut caused a sh!tstorm of unnecessary and overly dramatic proportions. It was pretty much inexcusable. I thought the Sonic fans could get ridiculous because at one time they were upset about eye color, thing is though, Sonic fans never decided to file a petition to the White House.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Even as bad as Sonic? Probably. I wouldn't put that past us.Hopefully it'll get better.

We can't blame people for not likely or liking a game, but we can blame them for their fanaticism.
They can be absolutely ridiculous. Made me wish I wasn't even a fan sometimes. That petition made lots of waves and also got a lot of attention. It wasn't even funny as a joke because it was just sad. If it was a joke I think haircolor as the main reason would have made it funny. Nope. It was literally made with sincerity and that's the sad part. Thanks for pushing gamers back a decade guys. You want your hobby to be noticed as a body? That sure doesn't help the argument that all gamers aren't just a bunch of no life losers now does it?

In a perfect world, some bored Capcom employees looking for a laugh made that. That would have been hilarious actually. What it was just made me facepalm my head into a wall. That is not how democracy works.

Blacknerd

After 4 I wouldnt care either way I know I wouldnt have invested all this time into it because of no controversy but at the same time it probably wouldnt be the way I liked it to be. Cause 4 was a big dissapoinmet to me

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
I'm gonna buy DmC (waiting for the price drop) and I would have bought DMC5. I own all the other games, because I'm one of those suckers who'll stick with the franchise until it finally manages to completely alienate me, which'll take worse than DmC to accomplish. I put up with DMC2 and Nero, I can put up with almost anything.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I would of bought DMC5 too.

But, i would of hoped for a better combat system. Whether it was DmC's system or something without the need of switching styles.

Top Bottom