• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Pretend that Capcom released DMC5 last month and....

Would you play DMC5 if it was out instead of DmC?

• Yes

Votes: 29 67.4%
  • Yes, but I would rent it

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Yes I would buy it, but only if it had everything that made me a fan in the first place like: A cool, fun and likable lead character, fast paced 60fps gameplay, epic & addicting music, challenging battles, amazing & challenging boss battles and innovation.

Wait..... a game just released that had all that, what was it called again? Oh yeah....Metal Gear Rising! :troll:

PS: I'm addicted to that song I linked in :p

Terrutas

Even if DMC5 wouldn't be as good as you'd expect at least it would be somewhat familiar. and probably alot better because the original series already has a base in terms of gameplay.

Well, if you ask me, I'll play DMC5 if it met my expectations...

"Good luck with that, Capcom..."
And I'd play DmC if it met my expectations,however thats the reason people don't like it..I guess? because it kind of didn't meet...any expectations?

Legendary-Spartan

F*ck CAPCOM $$$ i would love to see what PlantinumGames can do with DMC5

Do You Remember This early DMC 4 ??? where dante fix the camera and smash it !
2006-07-11-12-16-56--Devil_May_Cry_4.jpg
version ? ? ?
tgss05prehl1.jpg
devil-may-cry-4-1.jpg

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
It depends you know? Regardless of who made it, if the battle system still had as much depth as DmC's did then no i don't think i would.

If it had about as much or more as DMC3 then sure, why not? I'd buy it and probably come back to it every so often to mess about, like i do with 3 and 4.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It depends. If its going to be a failure like DMC4, then no thanks. But if they actually put effort in improving gameplay and gradually making it more unique, then sure. However I don't see that happening since Capcom's a one trick pony these days and Itsuno said he doesn't want to do a DMC game again.

But if they do make a DMC5 now, I can already predict an anime trope story with Dante acting like a clown, and more plotholes added while trying to fix plotholes.

I'm not gonna blindly buy a DMC5. I made that mistake with DMC2, and look what happened there.:/

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
It would've sold a lot better than DmC, that's for sure. I know I would've bought it even though I haven't bought DmC (though I do think it is a decent game and will eventually get my hand on a copy once I can find a cheap one).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It would've sold a lot better than DmC, that's for sure. I know I would've bought it even though I haven't bought DmC (though I do think it is a decent game and will eventually get my hand on a copy once I can find a cheap one).

I kinda doubt that, but whatevs.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DMC4 sold more than DmC did in its first week also DMC lost more fans then gained them from DmC so its not hard to imagine DMC5 would do better than DmC especially if Capcom didn't rush it

This is Capcom. They would rush it for the cash grab and it probably would be a DMC2 incident all over again since the majority of the teams that works on DMC3/4 have left.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
This is Capcom. They would rush it for the cash grab and it probably would be a DMC2 incident all over again since the majority of the teams that works on DMC3/4 have left.
Depending on who worked on it i think it might be fine as long all the core essentials in DMC were in place in DMC5

crush

F*ck CAPCOM $$$ i would love to see what PlantinumGames can do with DMC5
Do You Remember This early DMC 4 ??? where dante fix the camera and smash it ! version ? ? ?

If only that was DMC4...Dante with his longcoat, red scarf and zipped black parka. He dresses quite like I do in the winter, reasonable and trendy huh...?

17c662d8.jpg

Why...?

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Of course I would play it not matter how well it was shown before release or how the story was. I liked every DMC game even 2 and 4 and the stories and the characters in all in every one of them. Sure some had weaker points and even really annoying points but it's still DMC.

The way I see it is I can spend $60 on beer/alcohol, cigarettes(even though I smoke the electronic ones, so much better for you and cheaper >.<), take out food in a week and much much more unnecessary things. To confirm, I might spend that much in total, maybe more maybe less, not on each :p. I don't go to bars but people drop over a hundred a night sometimes or go out to movies and other events than cost a good amount of money for a very short amount of time of entertainment. Putting it that way $60 for a game I think is so cheap, especially if it can hold your attention for weeks or years at that. Sure even if I didn't like it too much I bet I would still like it 5x better than most other games these days and even then I could always return it/resell it or give it to someone else who might want it.

Top Bottom