• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Predictions for DMC4 new content in the SE version

what would you want in DMC4 SE

• Total voters

nephlim god

Sorry should have explained . Dont no weather theyre being lazy or just teasing . But him wearing his dmc 3 coat,and looking quite freshed face from what i could see . (Granted you cant see his face very clear.) To me indicates that its just a dmc 3 vergil import i . Just like the dmc 3 SE. ?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sorry should have explained . Dont no weather theyre being lazy or just teasing . But him wearing his dmc 3 coat,and looking quite freshed face from what i could see . (Granted you cant see his face very clear.) To me indicates that its just a dmc 3 vergil import i . Just like the dmc 3 SE. ?

I don't know, it seems quite a rushed conclusion to me... for just the way he's dressed. Also, his face does look a bit older to me, kinda similar to DMC4 Dante. His hair look shorter too. But these are just minor elements, that may not mean anything.

Viper

Premium
Seen you mention Vergil's coat, and it made me think again how it's not exactly like his DMC3 one. They have either been playing with the design to make it fresher or there might be more into it. Like everything, time will tell.

In case my handwriting is not that readable...
1. and 2. don't appear anywhere on Vergil from DMC3
3. and 4. look like visible stitches, whereas on Vergil's DMC3 art stitches are hidden. Also, Vergil never had a line going down the middle of his back.
5. should be the same color like the rest of the coat, but it's darker?

ps. 3. is not that visible unless you enlarge the picture

nephlim god

Now you mention it i see he does look a little diffrent from first glance . And Good observations sunny like wat you did there .

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't agree. Just because one or two details are different doesn't mean that it's not DMC 3. I think whatever Vergil content is going to be in the game is going to be from DMC 3's time frame.

Viper

Premium
I don't agree. Just because one or two details are different doesn't mean that it's not DMC 3. I think whatever Vergil content is going to be in the game is going to be from DMC 3's time frame.
That's why I didn't rule out the possibility they just wanted to freshen it up. Still, since it's some kind of a change it's nice to speculate.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I do wish Vergil got more weapons than just Yamato.

Will DMC5 ever be made for real after 4?

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Seen you mention Vergil's coat, and it made me think again how it's not exactly like his DMC3 one. They have either been playing with the design to make it fresher or there might be more into it. Like everything, time will tell.

In case my handwriting is not that readable...
1. and 2. don't appear anywhere on Vergil from DMC3
3. and 4. look like visible stitches, whereas on Vergil's DMC3 art stitches are hidden. Also, Vergil never had a line going down the middle of his back.
5. should be the same color like the rest of the coat, but it's darker?

ps. 3. is not that visible unless you enlarge the picture

One thing that's never truly respected is that if you look at the CG Art on the left hand, you see that Vergil doesn't have that little hair flick in the front of the forehead, whereas on the others even in the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom and the original in-game character model! And now the DMC4 SE character concept they add that little hair flick. Even the Dark Angel Vergil Appearance in the first DMC1 Vergil never had the hair flick....enough of the hair flick and let's discuss true matters.

DMC4 SE what does it actually need to be given the title of of a true remaster?

• New and unseen combo variation that were supposed to have been in the game.
  • Vergil's true Judgement Cut from DMC3 and not the Slash Dimension we saw in DMC4 and DmC.
  • Coat physics.
  • Hair physics.
  • Facial Animation.
  • Particle physics.
  • Day and Night cycles.
  • More costumes.
  • ore weapons.
  • Unseen motion animations.
  • New environments.
  • New bosses.
  • New Devil Triggers that compliment each weapon and Nero's full Body Devil Trigger needs to be in the game and you can switch between old and new.
list goes on and on......

nephlim god

One thing that's never truly respected is that if you look at the CG Art on the left hand, you see that Vergil doesn't have that little hair flick in the front of the forehead, whereas on the others even in the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom and the original in-game character model! And now the DMC4 SE character concept they add that little hair flick. Even the Dark Angel Vergil Appearance in the first DMC1 Vergil never had the hair flick....enough of the hair flick and let's discuss true matters.

• Vergil's true Judgement Cut from DMC3 and not the Slash Dimension we saw in DMC4 and DmC.
  • Coat physics.
  • Hair physics.
  • Facial Animation.
  • Particle physics.
  • Day and Night cycles.
  • More costumes.
  • ore weapons.
  • New environments.
  • New bosses.
  • New Devil Triggers that compliment each weapon and Nero's full Body Devil Trigger needs to be in the game and you can switch between old and new.

Sorry mate but intrested in what you getting at with the hair flick .

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus

• Coat physics.
  • Hair physics.
  • Facial Animation.
  • Particle physics.
  • Day and Night cycles.
  • More costumes.
  • More weapons.
  • New environments.
  • New bosses.

I like a lot of these but their are a few I'm confused about or don't think would fit in the game.

Aren't coat and hair physics already in the game? What do you mean by facial animation? That's already in the game. And particle physics? What the...?

I don't really think Day and Night would go with the game since the course of the game doesn't seem to be over multiple days. The parts that are in night are in night, and the parts that are during the day are during the day. This is pretty useless.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by unseen motion animations? Do you mean new cutscenes? Taunts?

As for Devil Trigger: I don't think this is necessary or would fit in the game unless they added new cutscenes to explain more about it and Nero (which would definitely be nice).

Besides that I like the rest. Whether or not that's going to happen, I don't know and can't say.

Cranberry

Maker of cookies
^ exactly what i want. Would be great . In that regard im concerned hes in his dmc 3 coat in the trailer
I'm a-ok with that. I loved his look in DMC 3. In my opinion, they butchered Dante's outfit in DMC 4, and in my theory or I guess what I would like to see, Vergil was trapped in the Underworld after the defeat of Mundus so he wouldn't have any way to change his clothes. But I wouldn't mind seeing him changed into all black clothes to kind of tie in his Nelo Angelo appearance. I also want to see an emotional Vergil, a Vergil who may have loved somebody and got burned badly but I suppose that is for a different thread to go into further discussion about that.

I wouldn't mind seeing the characters slimmed down either. I feel like Dante was a little bulky, and Nero too, compared to previous games. I don't mind their bulkier appearances though, but it wouldn't hurt either way.

Last edited:

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The thing that would really bug me would be if vergil is made as hunky as Dante. It just won't suit him, he needs to stay slick

berto

I Saw the Devil
Nero wasn't bulky. Dante, yes, he got more muscular. But Nero was pretty average slim.

Nero isn't slim. He's rather muscular, if you look at the concept art. he might be less wild than Dante but he is far from slim.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Sorry mate but intrested in what you getting at with the hair flick .

Why is it that people with broken eyes can see more than those who have perfectly healthy ones....LOOK AT THE DAMN FORHEAD ON VERGILS CG MODEL ON THE LEFT PHOTO AND COMPARE IT TO THE OTHERS. Look top, bottom and right photo and do you see the little flick of hair that stands out on the forehead
2gufe9u.jpg
this is what I'm trying to say in case you Vergil fans don't pay attention enough.

@HandsomePeanut

What I meant was that the game hardy has anything that gives you a taste of the imagination, and when I talked about facial animation, hair physics, such as what happened in Devil May Cry 2 where Dante's and Lucia's hair moved as they walked, ran, and as they attacked hordes of demons that their own hair moved and swayed...that's what is meant by hair physics. Facial animation when it comes to taunts that the movements it's not just mouth opens to signify speech, but also have facial expression occurring for example when Dante, Nero and now Vergil when attacked they show facial animation animation or expression. Coat physics comes into like damages, cuts and tears in fabric that leave exposed body parts, and it is only when entering Devil trigger that it repairs itself...that kind of shtig.

Particle physics is simple when it comes to intensifying gameplay such as when it comes to damage or destroy surroundings that you see dust, smoke, and fire...basically explosion that leave marks on the floor, such as the floor beneath you cracking breaking as you slash your sword or shoot with your guns that sort of stuff. Same with with Nature where if it came to foliage that plants, trees, water, snow, rain having and being affected effect.

Day and Night cycles you see the sun setting and the moon coming over, such as progression state of time over a long period of gameplay between missions and battles...do you know what I'm trying to say?

Unseen animation is meant by us looking for new combat moves or ways of trans versing between enemy demons, and using crowd control. In a manner of using an animation that requires the use of focusing on more than one target, for example you can move from one to another and the animation doesn't just focus on one but many to make a combo seem more pleasant.

Devil Triggers that correspond to the Devil Arm that it's appearance changes to match it's own yet retaining their own uniqueness, such as ala DMC3.

Want me to continue?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nero isn't slim. He's rather muscular, if you look at the concept art. he might be less wild than Dante but he is far from slim.

The in game model looks all but bulky to me. The only guys that are actually muscular in the game are Dante and Agnus.

Top Bottom