• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Posting competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManOfMayhem

We should have a competition that increases our post count when we do certain task or how about Moderator training?

Keaton

Premium
What sort of competitions are you thinking of?
Besides, Rep is the reward currency of the forum, when people need rewarding we deal out rep ;)

As for moderator Training, I'm not sure I understand how that would work?

Janny

Dines with dementia
I love a good competition, but correct me if I'm wrong - doesn't a posting competition just invite spam/ bad posting? :unsure:

ManOfMayhem

What do we gain out of rep? I mean when we do certain tasks for the mods they should add to our post count by say 50-100. As for the mod training anyone the current mods believe are trustworthy and well enough for the job they go through a forum check type of thing.

Once successfull they are granted to be a mod and then progress after a good times worth?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Why do people need a higher post count, its just as helpful as rep is, so there isnt much difference, and the mod training isnt really necessary as we have 5 memebrs of staff which are doing very well IMO and if we need a new mod then they would be asked and told how to do it i presume

Keaton

Premium
Vauxchen pretty much covers it.
There are no higher privliges that come with a higher postcount therefore it is just as rewarding as rep, of which the giver can atleast apply a comment or compliment, whereas postcount offers nothing.

Whereas in regards to ModTraining we already have enough staff to handle the amount of members whom regularly post, any more would be over kill.
Undoubtedly at somepoint the forum will need more, but as was more recently, staff postions are only concidered when there is one available :)

If you want to have a posting competition fire it up in Bloody Palace, provided its a game that follows rules (that do no infringe on the forums ones) go for it!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
its not, it shows how much you have contributed to the site, (usually) the more you have the more helpful you have been to the site, but some people spam the button and end up having millions *coughDANTE!cough* lol jkin but you cant really do much with it other than show it off

Sparda™

Rep is enough as a reward. There's also spam rep, but rep is generally considered as a reward for help, or appreciation of your work, or as just a thank.

Keaton

Premium
Bawww Rep to you :D
If a postion becomes available EVERYONE intrested will be concidered, until then be happy that the forum isn't a riot (in a bad way) and doesn't need oodles of staff ;)

Keaton

Premium
I was repping BoC for the Staff Compliment ;)
Besides, I don;t see any spelling mistakes :D Bawww is a real word...as is oodles ^__^

Keaton

Premium
LOl rep to Vauxchen for stomping my typo demon :D

If there are any more questions in regards to the issues raised here, please feel free to PM them my way, otherwise LOCKED.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
On the issue of rep anyway - this site works a little differently in that you all have insane levels of rep because as your own post count/rep increases so does your rep power. Some of you have the power to give over 6000 rep points in one hit o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom