• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DMC5??

DO you think anything of it?

• Hell yeah! DMC5!!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Naw, it's fake

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I'll wait until I get more info

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Don't care as long as I get something Devil May Cry related.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

IncarnatedDemon

At this point, I actually have to agree with that. I don't trust capcom anymore to do anymore DMC games. But that doesn't mean I want Platinum to do one either, however given the situation, it might as well be Platinum as a last resort.

But I seriously don't them to do anything with DmC. Let NT handle DmC.
I never wanted a reboot of dmc, but it happened. So if PG gets to make reboot's sequel:
#DealWithIt

Just joking. But seriously, as long as reboot doesn't rely on original serie to sell i dont mind it continueing.
So no Nelo Angelo
So no reboot Trish
no reboot credo
No reboot Nero
None of those characters.
If Ninja theory can make a sequel without leeching off past characters to sell the reboot, then...BRING THE REBOOT ON!
But if NT plans on leeching off original characters to get attention, then i hope the reboot suffers the same fate again 10x worse.

If anything Capcom should make DMC5 and not Platinum. Itsuno(director) and Neo_G (the combat designer of DMC3) gave the hack and slash genre new blood with DMC3, so I think they would be capable of getting close to that again. I'd rather have Platinum do their own thing frankly. Plus in a recent article Itsuno showed interest in directing DMC5.
Link?

Dominus

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/dmc...-teases-dragons-dogma-2-and-devil-ma-1456673/
"In my head, I have a story and setting for the next one, but it’s not one that can be easily done… (laughs). For example, voices say “coming for PS4!” and it seems to happen quite a whole lot. The possibility to be able to make it might to be growing (laughs)
In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.​

seraphmaycry

sent the tweet! if the game plays out like dmc4 or 2 then i'm just going to give up on the series being continued buf it's like dmc1 or 3, the best in the entire series (1 for story/atmosphere) (3 for gameplay) then i''m not going to ever stop playing.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Kamiya is no more interested on DMC.
See this :

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm okay with either DMC5 or DmC2 provided it does something to keep me interested.

I wouldn't say DmC2 has more potential than DMC5 you just have more faith in it because it's not as disjointed nor has it jumped around the place without purpose. You could tell they have no idea where to go from that since nothing really connects and is too standalone.

most of the plot confusion comes from the stories being too standalone and arbitrary.

But at the end of the day with either part of the franchise you are inheriting someone else's mess and the new guy coming to the do the game should be aware of it.

Off topic- Im not sure if blocking out preboot characters from the reboot is a good idea since it could be second chance for them and ultimately DMC is their series too.

Plus you dont want to create a new character and just have people think they are just an old character in a new skin.

Top Bottom