• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DMC.org competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hence my idea for a "sign here for your chance to win" thread, like we did for the comp to win Fable 3 - for at least one competition at least. I don't want anyone excluded from entering. Having said that, as a dmc fansite we need some of the comps at least to reflect that.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
How about this. Ask something broad like "who is Dante?" or "what is DMC to you?" and have everyone answer in whatever fashion best suits their skills.

Judge it based on the quality of the submission rather than how well it answers the question.
That way someone like me could spend hours of time making a humorous flash animation of Dante shooting US President Kennedy and still have a chance of winning the contest (assuming it outshines the quality of the other submissions). People who are very familiar seem to have their own favorite version of him from over the years; furthermore that gives people who might like Dante's new look a chance to explore who they think he will be as well.

One person's opinion of which submission is better is of course going to be biased. Maybe that staff member doesn't like reading or doesn't have a sense of humor. To that end have all of the staff deliberate and decide winners as a group so it is less subjective. Judging it on quality will encourage people to submit something that they've put work into rather than giving everyone the same random chance of winning regardless of what they submit.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't know about actual comp ideas... the fun part would be for you guys to come up with that. But how about a yearly or half yearly competition to win the bigger prizes, and smaller prizes like account upgrades for raffle or random pick style stuff. I'm a believer in encouraging people to have a go at something via reward and become better at it rather than just signing their name up and getting randomly drawn from a hat. "Competition" implies some competitive element though so, I think some of it should be skill-based. It'd be nice to see something that gets people excited and gets them working towards something.

And for those who don't want to, there could be raffle-style picks.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok guys, this is the final day to put in any ideas and say whether you want this to go ahead. Loving the stuff you have come up with already... keep it going for a few more hours!

Once this thread is closed, I will have a little thinkle and decide whether to go ahead with it and if so, what the first competition and prize will be :)

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Ok guys, this is the final day to put in any ideas and say whether you want this to go ahead. Loving the stuff you have come up with already... keep it going for a few more hours!

Once this thread is closed, I will have a little thinkle and decide whether to go ahead with it and if so, what the first competition and prize will be :)

Whoever can think up the best idea for a competition wins a prize lol...... jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom