• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DMC.org competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i think its a great idea, but after being burned on a deviant art competition, i couldn't enter another :(

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
i think its a great idea, but after being burned on a deviant art competition, i couldn't enter another :(
No buts! You have to join meh!
Why?
Because this isn't DA :p We're all friends here. Well. Most of us, anyway ;)

The only thing I'm afraid of is that it might cause divides between people on here.
The only time that will happen is if one particular member never wins or never places in a competition. Which wouldn't happen if you calculate things by the odds. Especially if it's done in a raffle fashion - then it all boils down to luck, kind of like poker. You're going to win or come second (or last) sooner or later.
It shouldn't cause divides between members since it's being done all in the name of fun, and as Angel said, the point is to bring us all together as a community rather than cause friction. It would be a childish move for anyone to go to another member who have won and rage at them for winning. I mean, huuuuuu that would be funny actually. x3

Reactions: Meg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The only time that will happen is if one particular member never wins or never places in a competition. Which wouldn't happen if you calculate things by the odds. Especially if it's done in a raffle fashion - then it all boils down to luck, kind of like poker. You're going to win or come second (or last) sooner or later.
It shouldn't cause divides between members since it's being done all in the name of fun, and as Angel said, the point is to bring us all together as a community rather than cause friction. It would be a childish move for anyone to go to another member who have won and rage at them for winning. I mean, huuuuuu that would be funny actually. x3

I guess you're right. I'm just a really cautious guy because sometimes, honestly, I can't control myself...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Since it sounds difficult to create a major competition thing where EVERYONE can take place on equal terms at once, how about we have little competitions every once a while?

Some could be about art, at first.

Then after a while (some months?) we can have a new event, like a DMC quiz.

Then again after another set of time we can have whatever-you-can-think-of, you get the idea.

This way the forum keeps getting active, everyone wonders what will come next, some will participate in "that" while others who suck in "that" will do better at "this" later, etc.etc.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
COMPETITION!? ON THE FORUM!? COUNT ME IN! :D this is such a fun and great idea :) i think the fan fiction/fan art, and the drawing from the hat idea would make great competitions! :) im excited for this, i really hope it happens :)
EDIT: oh and i think the best created sig idea would be awesome as well :)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Some great ideas and support guys - keep it coming!

I'm especially liking Tony's suggestion - we could possibly hold monthly competitions in different areas of interest such a fanfic, art, jokes, music, fan-made videos, captions, whatever really. The winner would have to sit out the next few comps though just in case they win again on another topic? For these comps we can offer Gold memberships as prizes perhaps? *continues thinking out loud*

I'd still like to do one big comp though, just to see if it works out. Three prizes, the top one being the game or money plus a membership and then lower amounts of cash and a membership for the other two winners? Keep it running for a couple of months at least (so we're nearer the release date of DMC HD), let people who fit the entry requirements just sign up (no challenges, no skills required - just sign up) and then do a name in the hat thing (film it too so you know we haven't cheated ;)) to determine the winner(s). Would anyone be at all interested in that? I've picked DMC HD just because it seemed the most appropriate for this forum but if no one really wants that then I can change it to something else?

Like I say, keep the ideas coming and let's get enough interest to really push for this because I want you guys to have something to not only reward you for your loyalty to dmc.org, but also to cheer everyone up some :)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Shaz, make everyone tape themselves trying to sing along with a Led Zeppelin song. Whoever doesn't burst a vein from screaming BABY BABY BABY is the victor.

Come on. You KNOW it would be fun.

Meg

Some great ideas and support guys - keep it coming!

I'm especially liking Tony's suggestion - we could possibly hold monthly competitions in different areas of interest such a fanfic, art, jokes, music, fan-made videos, captions, whatever really. The winner would have to sit out the next few comps though just in case they win again on another topic? For these comps we can offer Gold memberships as prizes perhaps? *continues thinking out loud*

If you do that, could you list what the current challenge is as well as what ones are coming up?

For instance!

Current Contest: Fanart

Upcoming:
Fanfics
Cosplay
Trivia

That way people can pick which one they want to join without worrying about winning one and then not being able to participate in the contest they reeeeally want to try. Like me, I'd do a fan art contest, but if I won and had to sit out of the next contest, which just so happened to be a writing one, I would feel :(.

Just a thought. :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
also when you post the contest you should put when the contest begins and when it ends, so nobody misses it if they want to participate :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A crazy competition idea, by playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Marvel vs. Capcom 3 online. Each contestant must have a DMC character (Dante, Vergil, Trish) in their team. They are NOT allowed to have a team comprised of all three DMC characters. They have to play a series of matches, by winning two out of three matches. The lobby should be set Private, and can be only played when the host of the lobby invites another player.

The only problem is, that the game is available for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (and also PS Vita), and the problem of monitoring and confirming each contestant's wins and losses, unless there are people that will do that job. Since it is available for two consoles, there should be two categories, one for PS3 and one for Xbox 360.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
A crazy competition idea, by playing Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3/Marvel vs. Capcom 3 online. Each contestant must have a DMC character (Dante, Vergil, Trish) in their team. They are NOT allowed to have a team comprised of all three DMC characters. They have to play a series of matches, by winning two out of three matches. The lobby should be set Private, and can be only played when the host of the lobby invites another player.

The only problem is, that the game is available for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (and also PS Vita), and the problem of monitoring and confirming each contestant's wins and losses, unless there are people that will do that job. Since it is available for two consoles, there should be two categories, one for PS3 and one for Xbox 360.

You shall all fall to my shameless button mashing technique! :D

I was thinking about biggest DMC fan but that would cause arguments and I’m not sure how you would measure that.
The only way I can think of is creative ways to express how big a DMC fan you are or how it has changed your life (if it has). I always come out with half cooked ideas. I’m pants at cooking :/

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
I'm in for a competition. Maybe we can do something like the Vetrens vs the Newbies? Nah I'm only joking.... Somewhat. Just thought it would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom