• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DMC.org competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Because it's a new year and therefore a new start, I thought it might be nice to have a little competition for you guys to participate in, if you so wish.

What I need from you guys is some ideas for a suitable competition that EVERYONE can be a part of as well as a prize. I have a couple of my own prize ideas but would love to see what you guys want first.

However, if this seems like a crappy idea then please say so and we'll drop the whole thing. No point in holding a competition if only three or so people are interested ;)

So, in a nutshell: if you think it's a great/crap idea, please post below. If you have any ideas for a suitable competition and prize then please post them here.

EDIT: This will stay open for one week and then be closed. If there is enough interest, the competition will be announced after. If not, then this will die a natural death ;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Great idea. Hmm... Got some ideas on it:

1. Best Devil May Cry fan fiction competition.
2. Best Devil May Cry fan art competition.

My mind is blank, at the moment. I might give other ideas later on. :D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Great idea. Hmm... Got some ideas on it:

1. Best Devil May Cry fan fiction competition.
2. Best Devil May Cry fan art competition.

My mind is blank, at the moment. I might give other ideas later on. :D
I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how fair that would be on members who aren't into the creative stuff. :S Or am I just being funny about it?

I was thinking a Member of the Month competition. Just because it will entail nobody feeling left out, and everyone will be able to participate.

I'll come post again if I can come up with anything else. ^_^

Meg

Ooooh! I like this idea. I'll try to think of some competitions.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I was thinking the same thing but I don't know how fair that would be on members who aren't into the creative stuff. :S Or am I just being funny about it?

I was thinking a Member of the Month competition. Just because it will entail nobody feeling left out, and everyone will be able to participate.

I'll come post again if I can come up with anything else. ^_^

I don't mind being excluded from either one of the competition, but other members who have posted countless fan arts and fan fictions in this forum should be acknowledged for their hard work.

I like Member of the Month competition, although I am curious as to what it takes to be a Member of the Month :D

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like Member of the Month competition, although I am curious as to what it takes to be a Member of the Month :D
Lol... you can go about a competition like that in a number of ways, but I'm sticking to throwing ideas into the pool rather than going into detail because I'm not the one running the show :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Lol... you can go about a competition like that in a number of ways, but I'm sticking to throwing ideas into the pool rather than going into detail because I'm not the one running the show :)

True, true. Hmm, got some weird ideas on this:

1. Best Signature of the Month
2. Thread of the Month

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Yea this is a great idea indeed.

But I also do not have many ideas.

Over on a modding forum I'm a part of we used to have competitions for mod making.

But considering this is just a discussion forum something like that can't be done here obviously lol.

So good luck with this.

Meg

How would voting work? :eek: Would the staff decide or would regular members? I feel like staff should decide so it remains unbiased and you don't have people voting for their friends because they are their friends (always hated that), but at the same time if the staff votes then that might seem like they have forum favorites.

Considering how I would totally win either way I don't really care. :cool:

EDIT: How would nominations work? Maybe the staff could nominate and the regular members vote?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Another idea would be to have members compete with other members on certain levels of the DMC games to see who gets the best score. And screenshots of their scores to authenticate their reports.
Kind of like that thread we had where we shared our scores, only this would be an active challenge, e.g. scrap the scores they currently have, start over to make it fair game for everyone.

My hubby also suggested a competition for hottest member of the week, photos being compulsory, and he offered to mod the contest himself, but then he quickly backtracked and suggested a best Devil May Cry cosplay/look-a-like competition.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I can't do cosplay. .,,,. I look terrible on camera anyway.

I'm honestly unsure of how a competition would work. I'd also probably not participate, as there's no loser sorer than I. >_>

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Thanks for the ideas so far, guys. I figured if the competition was something you all felt you could participate in then perhaps more of you would have a go - I'll tell you my prize ideas, if you like, and perhaps that might help?

Was thinking of perhaps a copy of Devil May Cry HD Collection (when it's released - which is why the monthly competition ideas could work?) on your chosen platform or if you don't live in the UK then the cash equivalent for your region via PayPal to use as you wish. Another idea was just cash or perhaps points for your console i.e. Live points or the PS3 equivalent. See, when I spoke about a competition I wanted it to be really worth your while to get involved.

With all the rage and angst that we've been seeing recently, I thought it might be nice to introduce something to really try and pull the community together towards a common goal - but keep it as inclusive as possible.

With comps run on our other sites we've always had it whereby either people voted (in the case of artwork) or for one competition in particular we put all names in a hat of those who wanted in and fulfilled certain criteria (such as minimum post count, duration of membership, no warnings in place etc) and then we videoed the admins doing a prize draw and posted it on the forums for everyone to see.

We could just do that - tell people to post in one particular thread and then make it a raffle of sorts as to what prize they get? Top being the game or cash equivalent, second being something else and a final third one? Maybe Steve could fashion a special trophy for all participants just so you have something to show for your entry? Might be less exclusive than something requiring artistry or literary talents?

Just some ideas...I'd love to be able to hold this competition, so the more interest we get the better. If people are really willing to get involved then I, in turn, am willing to spend money on this - but we need more people to speak up. 85 readers and only a handful of posters doesn't bode too well at the moment ;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Thanks for the ideas so far, guys. I figured if the competition was something you all felt you could participate in then perhaps more of you would have a go - I'll tell you my prize ideas, if you like, and perhaps that might help?

Was thinking of perhaps a copy of Devil May Cry HD Collection (when it's released - which is why the monthly competition ideas could work?) on your chosen platform or if you don't live in the UK then the cash equivalent for your region via PayPal to use as you wish. Another idea was just cash or perhaps points for your console i.e. Live points or the PS3 equivalent. See, when I spoke about a competition I wanted it to be really worth your while to get involved.

With all the rage and angst that we've been seeing recently, I thought it might be nice to introduce something to really try and pull the community together towards a common goal - but keep it as inclusive as possible.

With comps run on our other sites we've always had it whereby either people voted (in the case of artwork) or for one competition in particular we put all names in a hat of those who wanted in and fulfilled certain criteria (such as minimum post count, duration of membership, no warnings in place etc) and then we videoed the admins doing a prize draw and posted it on the forums for everyone to see.

We could just do that - tell people to post in one particular thread and then make it a raffle of sorts as to what prize they get? Top being the game or cash equivalent, second being something else and a final third one? Maybe Steve could fashion a special trophy for all participants just so you have something to show for your entry? Might be less exclusive than something requiring artistry or literary talents?

Just some ideas...I'd love to be able to hold this competition, so the more interest we get the better. If people are really willing to get involved then I, in turn, am willing to spend money on this - but we need more people to speak up. 85 readers and only a handful of posters doesn't bode too well at the moment ;)

Sounds awesome. Although, I am not sure what kind of competition that I am eligible of. lol I will definitely will not enter any fan arts or fan fictions based competitions, because I lack the artistic side.

What if you make some competitions that are group-based instead of individually?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's an idea but then the prizes would have to be considerably reduced in value to reflect the number of competitions - if I were to offer cash/games for more than one group I'd be very poor indeed! Unless someone can come up with suitable prizes and group ideas?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
It's an idea but then the prizes would have to be considerably reduced in value to reflect the number of competitions - if I were to offer cash/games for more than one group I'd be very poor indeed! Unless someone can come up with suitable prizes and group ideas?

Hmm, this is hard... Perhaps sticking into an individual based competitions is much better, unless someone can come up any good ideas on group competitions.

EDIT: What if giving Gold Accounts (for a year) in this forum to the winners or runner-ups for any competitions?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Gold accounts is a very good idea for runner up prizes and even first prize if the idea of a game or cash is not appealing or possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom