• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DmC 2? NT's "new announcement"

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Got to say it would make no sense Capcom hiring them for their creativity and art style and then handing it over to another studio which would mean the new game would have a completely different art style and feel.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I wouldn't be surprised if they did that.

I just hope they don't leave Dm/MC all together with no news what so ever. I think it's safe to say it's going to be a long drawn out wait for all fans involved as to what happens to the series.

I have my preferences as to how the series should continue as everyone, but as this point I'm more curious as to what their decision will be regardless.

Terrutas

who else should they hand it over then?
Just make it themselves. For some reason they've lost their confidence in their development team or something. It's kinda weird.

Otherwise, they have many great options so long as they don't let pride get in the way. Such as P*.
But it's Capcom.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Just make it themselves. For some reason they've lost their confidence in their development team or something. It's kinda weird.

Otherwise, they have many great options so long as they don't let pride get in the way. Such as P*.
But it's Capcom.
Seems so but im wondering if they will continue it or just end dmc all together

Terrutas

Seems so but im wondering if they will continue it or just end dmc all together
If I had to guess, that would depend on if they listen to the fanbase using their ever so great capcom-unity forum or look at it from the plain profit/sales number side.

Seeing as it's Capcom, I fear the future for DMC doesn't look too bright.

If I had to guess, that would depend on if they listen to the fanbase using their ever so great capcom-unity forum or look at it from the plain profit/sales number side.

Seeing as it's Capcom, I fear the future for DMC doesn't look too bright.

Future doesn't look bright for anything Capcom owns.
"We want Mega man back!"
"What? did I hear Ducktales? You want us to remaster Ducktales?"
"Mega man!!!"
*Money is being thrown at Capcom*
"Alright! Ducktales it is!!! The remake you've all been begging for"
*They take the money anyway*

D

Deleted member 25469

I would like for the game to be announced on next generation consoles only because of what it would mean for the PC version (Unreal Engine 4), as I am a PC player. DmC is definitely the best looking AND best running Devil May Cry in the entire franchise by several miles if you play on PC. It is also the most flexible with regard to mods!

On the subject of Capcom's stupidity or lack of thereof, I must be the biggest Mega Man nut in the universe and I still think he needed a break. I didn't like MegaMan Legends 3 being canceled, but I also didn't like it being on the 3DS. The platform REALLY doesn't do the game justice, and I'd really love to see it come back as a bigger game in the next generation.

If this is what they are planning to do, then I have faith in Capcom. However, Capcom really has done stupid things (lack of Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the PC even though it runs on the MT Framework which is perfectly PC friendly and SF4 sold like hotcakes on PC, Resident Evil 6 as a whole, the way in which they have handled DLCs, the way in which them and NT handled the entire DmC marketing...) so I'm not really being too hopeful with regards to Mega Man.

I mention this because it is also related to how I feel about Devil May Cry as a whole. The way in which they have treated Mega Man (and Final Fight, another one of my favorite franchises in history except for the HORRIBLE Streetwise on PS2) makes me fear for Devil May Cry/DmC, and I would love to be proven wrong. I would love for Capcom to prove me wrong and show me that they really do care.

AlchemistFromEden

who else should they hand it over then?
platinum games, because i don't know how business works and i believe that platinum games would automatically indefinitely agree with capcom (the publisher that let them go in the first place) and would jump at the chance to redeem themselves in my anime fantasy world where businesses don't bother with things like "bad blood"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
platinum games, because i don't know how business works and i believe that platinum games would automatically indefinitely agree with capcom (the publisher that let them go in the first place) and would jump at the chance to redeem themselves in my anime fantasy world where businesses don't bother with things like "bad blood"

See? Isn't it better when you accept reality? Don't even bother with things like "fact checking", and "logic". It would be a useless gesture anyway, seeing as how they're both completely irrelevant (according to elitist logic).

Edit:

Why not call yourself EdenicAlchemist? It sounds better (and is also shorter) than:

alchemistwhohappenstobefromeden jdfah;fjlan;gjhnsg[a;gjan;gjlfarn;gfknaj

Sorry, it's just something that always bothered me. I'm pretty sure the name isn't actually taken, either, so maybe you should start a new profile... or ask one of the mods to change it (if they're willing to do it, that is ^^").

Top Bottom