• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Possible DmC 2? NT's "new announcement"

• Thread starter Deleted member 25469
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25469

Hay guys. Long time lurker, first time poster!

Have you seen this tweet from Ninja Theory? linky

Hopefully they're talking about the next DmC. I seriously can't wait to see where they will take DmC's Dante now that he has white hair and is (seemingly) not so "angsty and edgy" anymore. ESPECIALLY because of the latter.

What do you think?

D

Deleted member 25469

Thanks for the welcome :)

Does anyone know if NT is supposed to have anything else other than another DmC in their hands?

BTW, I'll change the url to an actual link as soon as I have enough posts under my belt.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Let's hope so! And welcome between this insane community of posters!

RandomRambler

Hey, we're pretty much the same :D

The tweet's too ambiguous for me to get hyped since I'm not really a fan of NT. If it turns out to be a new DmC though, then best of luck to them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hope it's DmC2. That'd be sweet. A bit soon, but sweet nonetheless.

And welcome to the forum, by the way! I'd advise not talking to me unless you're willing to indulge in a heaping helping of crazy, as I'm obsessed with dragons. XD

LysseC

I'll certainly be happy if it's DmC2 but I hate to think of the outrage that will be on this forum. No place is safe....:ermm:

oh and welcome! I hope this place doesn't scare you off lol.
Yeah, I hope we were past the hater's time, but it seems that I have been too much of an optimist... >_<

D

Deleted member 25469

Hey, we're pretty much the same :D

The tweet's too ambiguous for me to get hyped since I'm not really a fan of NT. If it turns out to be a new DmC though, then best of luck to them.
Yeah, truth be told I wouldn't really like another Enslaved or Heavenly Sword. I owned Heavenly Sword and it was pretty bad IMO.

DmC is the only game from them I truly enjoy, and even though it's the best Devil May Cry yet gameplay-wise for me, there's some room for improvement, and PLENTY room for improvement in Dante's personality and the cutscenes. Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of stylish combos/behavior in cutscenes?!

I'll certainly be happy if it's DmC2 but I hate to think of the outrage that will be on this forum. No place is safe....:ermm:

oh and welcome! I hope this place doesn't scare you off lol.
If you say that because of the unbelievable amount of trolling due to the reboot's design on EVERY forum that has a DmC section, don't worry. I've lurked around for plenty of time. My skin is thick ;)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah, truth be told I wouldn't really like another Enslaved or Heavenly Sword. I owned Heavenly Sword and it was pretty bad IMO.
I liked the graphics considering it was one of the newest games on PS3 when it was released, and the mocap was pretty impressive, but the gameplay was...meh>_<

DmC is the only game from them I truly enjoy, and even though it's the best Devil May Cry yet gameplay-wise for me, there's some room for improvement, and PLENTY room for improvement in Dante's personality and the cutscenes. Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of stylish combos/behavior in cutscenes?!
I think if there is another, they have learned from this experience. There's room to imporve and I hope NT take the chance to do that.

If you say that because of the unbelievable amount of trolling due to the reboot's design on EVERY forum that has a DmC section, don't worry. I've lurked around for plenty of time. My skin is thick ;)

RandomRambler

I wouldn't really worry about it being another Heavenly Sword at least; Nariko's story is pretty much over. Enslaved I haven't played so eh. But I actually did like HS a bit, if only because Anna Torv and Andy Serkis were there.

Yeah, definitely agree on them being able to improve on DmC. Definitely not the better one gameplay wise for me though (I've only played through 3 and the reboot). Seems highly unlikely that that tweet's referring to a sequel though, it's too soon.

Dante47

Welcome my friend!

Anyway, I hope it's that, or Heavenly Sword II. Or both.
If it is DmC2, then that would be awesome! Can't wait!

RandomRambler

DmC was announced in 10, released in 13, capcom wants More dmc in 15 and want it in 2.5 years so this is about 80% chance of DmC2
I guess you could look at it that way. Way I see it though, is that Capcom will be reluctant to invest in DmC again so soon since it didn't sell all that well. I mean, these guys cancelled MML3 even when fans showed massive support. On the other hand, DmC just came out recently and there's still a lot one can expand on in the series, so there'll probably be a sequel. Just not this soon.

LysseC

I wonder, though, if it really is DmC2, how much will NT try and meet the fans' expectations, and especially if they will try and take the rebooted story on a course that somehow follows the old series. I personally hope not, I would like this storyline to be as much independent as possible because I think NT made a good job so far, but I don't know what the majority of the fanbase thinks...

Top Bottom