• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Portal 2 dated!

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
Considering it's from Valve, I don't expect this date to be accurate, but I am confident it will come out in 2011. Can't wait to play it. :p

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I may be the only one who dislike the first Portal. I found it to be an overhyped POS to be honest. Hopefully Portal 2 is more fun, although I doubt it. Totally renting or waiting til it gets cheap.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Awesome, I can't wait ^_^. It is definately one of my most anticipated games of 2011.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;294422 said:
I may be the only one who dislike the first Portal. I found it to be an overhyped POS to be honest. Hopefully Portal 2 is more fun, although I doubt it. Totally renting or waiting til it gets cheap.

There was no hype it was merely a game thrown onto a package (The Orange Box) with very little said about it. I didnt even know what it was when i purchased the package but thought it was genius and funny once id got used to it. It was after people played it and critics loved it that it became as well known as it was. It was after all originally never meant to be released as a retail game and was merely Valve playing around with ideas.

Esura

Dark Drakan;294530 said:
There was no hype it was merely a game thrown onto a package (The Orange Box) with very little said about it. I didnt even know what it was when i purchased the package but thought it was genius and funny once id got used to it. It was after people played it and critics loved it that it became as well known as it was. It was after all originally never meant to be released as a retail game and was merely Valve playing around with ideas.

Sorry, you right. I meant extremely overrated. I bought Orange Box around when it first came out because people told me to get it and it was like, "teh best ghame eva." The Half Life games in it? They were awesome. Team Fortress 2 in it? That was awesome as well. Portal...I could not get into it at all. I should explain why or you just think I'm saying the opposite of the popular belief and just trolling.

First of all, this game is between stupid easy and stupid hard for no reason. While a lot of puzzles in the game were extremely insipid, some of them in the later parts of the game were absolutely ridiculous and nigh-broken in the amount of stuff I had to do with the damn Portals. But maybe they seem extremely hard like that cause the game really gives you hardly ANY hints at all in the later parts of the game but the earlier parts there was an abundance of them.

Secondly, wtf is so funny about this game? I did not laugh at a single word GlAdos said, not saying that she isn't well written, but the humour did not hit me at all. And Still Alive...ok it was cute the first time but its crazy that people act like this is the best song in a video game ever. It was even in a freaking Rock Band game (or maybe Guitar Hero, I dunno they are so alike).

Overall, the game was mediocre to me and the only reason its even a twinkle in my eye is because using the Portal gun is fun...especially if you use a mod on Half Life 2 so you can use it. Its just not fun using it in the context this game wanted me to use it in, which is ****ty puzzles. Heres hoping Portal 2 has more better ones...and a few action parts in it.

This is why I'm somewhat optimistic about Portal 2. I'm hoping it be all the stuff people claimed Portal 1 was. But I dont want to get bitten in the A if I'm disappointed by it...so I might wait til my friend gets it.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Esura;294679 said:
Sorry, you right. I meant extremely overrated. I bought Orange Box around when it first came out because people told me to get it and it was like, "teh best ghame eva." The Half Life games in it? They were awesome. Team Fortress 2 in it? That was awesome as well. Portal...I could not get into it at all. I should explain why or you just think I'm saying the opposite of the popular belief and just trolling.

First of all, this game is between stupid easy and stupid hard for no reason. While a lot of puzzles in the game were extremely insipid, some of them in the later parts of the game were absolutely ridiculous and nigh-broken in the amount of stuff I had to do with the damn Portals. But maybe they seem extremely hard like that cause the game really gives you hardly ANY hints at all in the later parts of the game but the earlier parts there was an abundance of them.

Secondly, wtf is so funny about this game? I did not laugh at a single word GlAdos said, not saying that she isn't well written, but the humour did not hit me at all. And Still Alive...ok it was cute the first time but its crazy that people act like this is the best song in a video game ever. It was even in a freaking Rock Band game (or maybe Guitar Hero, I dunno they are so alike).

Overall, the game was mediocre to me and the only reason its even a twinkle in my eye is because using the Portal gun is fun...especially if you use a mod on Half Life 2 so you can use it. Its just not fun using it in the context this game wanted me to use it in, which is ****ty puzzles. Heres hoping Portal 2 has more better ones...and a few action parts in it.

This is why I'm somewhat optimistic about Portal 2. I'm hoping it be all the stuff people claimed Portal 1 was. But I dont want to get bitten in the A if I'm disappointed by it...so I might wait til my friend gets it.

If anything it just might be similar to Portal...after all, it is a puzzle with portals. Yeah sure the puzzles were really easy or really hard, but it made you think a bit. The robot I didn't really find funny, it's just when you undershoot or overshoot your character and miss your landing point that makes it funny for a bit, after awhile it gets tedious. Just because your friends say it's the greatest game ever doesn't mean it's going to tickle your fancy.

aka958

Don't trust people
Maybe those kind of puzzle games aren't your genre Esura?

Not everything can please everyone. =D

Esura

aka958;294712 said:
Maybe those kind of puzzle games aren't your genre Esura?
Thats the thing...I like puzzles or games with puzzles like Phoenix Wright and Proffessor Layton. Give me a puzzle game and I would like it...after an hour or so. I just absolutely hate Portal. Its probably my most hated game since Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

I think the correct answer is...
Maybe Portal isnt the puzzle game (or game in general) for me.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;294750 said:
Thats the thing...I like puzzles or games with puzzles like Phoenix Wright and Proffessor Layton. Give me a puzzle game and I would like it...after an hour or so. I just absolutely hate Portal. Its probably my most hated game since Sonic the Hedgehog 2006.

I think the correct answer is...
Maybe Portal isnt the puzzle game (or game in general) for me.

That's why it stands those*. Maybe it's just portal now but in the future... :p

Top Bottom