• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poll: Future Platform of Choice

Which Platform Will You Use In The Future?

• Total voters

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The only game of the main series that has been released outside Nintendo consoles was Nocturne. I, II, if... and Strange Journey were released on Nintendo first. Devil Summoner series (Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers and Raidou Kuzonoha) were released on Sony/Sega consoles first. Avatar Tuner (Digital Devil Saga) in PS2 only. Megami Ibonroku series are divided in Persona series (5 main games and 6 remakes/ports), Sony consoles only and Devil Survivor (2 main games and 2 remakes/ports) in 3/DS only. There's P4 Arena too in 360 and PS3. The rest aren't worth the mention, in my opinion.

As you may see, almost all games were released in Sony first (or at least they got a version after) and the Persona series were always Sony exclusives. If SMTIV is being released in 3DS instead of Vita is most likely because 3DS is way too ahead in sells.
Technically it started on PC then moved to Super Famicon, then Sega Saturn, so on. If anything the SMT series has been on almost every Nintendo brand console/handheld. Heck, even the Virtual boy, the virtual boy got a SMT game. There's been some on Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Ds, ect. though I'm surprised to see that there weren't any SMT games on the Wii though it seems alot of the games were on the Gameboy's. All the games that have been on a Nintendo console/handheld equal out to about 24. Alot of great games are being developed for the 3DS while it seems that now developers are starting to develop games for the vita, the only Atlus game I can think of that is on the Vita is Persona 4G, while 3DS has Code of Princess, Etrain Odessay 4 and Millennium Girl, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 1/2 and maybe one or 2 more. Though I'm sure in the future Atlus will develop more games for the Vita.

the Persona series were always Sony exclusives.
The first Persona game was also released on PC. So it wouldn't be surprising if Nintendo was able to get the rights to get a Persona 5 on the Wii U.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
The first Persona game was also released on PC. So it wouldn't be surprising if Nintendo was able to get the rights to get a Persona 5 on the Wii U.
But that was only the japanese version (released after the PSX one), the localized version was PSX only and the remake PSP only.
Technically it started on PC then moved to Super Famicon, then Sega Saturn, so on.
We were talking about SMT though, not MegaTen.
If anything the SMT series has been on almost every Nintendo brand console/handheld. Heck, even the Virtual boy, the virtual boy got a SMT game. There's been some on Gameboy, Virtual Boy, Ds, ect. though I'm surprised to see that there weren't any SMT games on the Wii though it seems alot of the games were on the Gameboy's.
Almost all of those are redundant (Jack Bros, Majin Tensei, Giten Megami Tensei, DemiKids/Devil Children and Last Bible), only few of them were localized and they are pretty far from the main series (both in thematics and quality).
Alot of great games are being developed for the 3DS while it seems that now developers are starting to develop games for the vita, the only Atlus game I can think of that is on the Vita is Persona 4G, while 3DS has Code of Princess, Etrain Odessay 4 and Millennium Girl, Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor 1/2 and maybe one or 2 more.

Code Princess was developed by Agatsuma Entertaiment and yes, Atlus is one of the developers confirmed to work with Vita.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
To much typing but yeah Code Princess was Published by Atlus sorry for the mix up. Devil Summoner was on Saturn then ported to 3DS then got 2 sequels on ps2, Persona has yeah pretty much been on mainly Playstation though it wouldn't be surprising for it to show up on Wii U since a Main SMT is heading to 3DS. With that and the upcoming SMTxFE i wouldn't be surprised if a persona game showed up on a nintendo console whether it be Wii U or 3DS

Zey

To much typing but yeah Code Princess was Published by Atlus sorry for the mix up. Devil Summoner was on Saturn then ported to 3DS then got 2 sequels on ps2, Persona has yeah pretty much been on mainly Playstation though it wouldn't be surprising for it to show up on Wii U since a Main SMT is heading to 3DS. With that and the upcoming SMTxFE i wouldn't be surprised if a persona game showed up on a nintendo console whether it be Wii U or 3DS

The original Devil Summoner was released in Saturn, PSX and PSP. I think you're talking about Soul Hackers, released in Saturn, then PSX and last in 3DS.

And like I said before, I, II and if... were released on Super Famicom first, then PSX. Nocturne is PS2 exclusive and Strange Journey is DS exclusive. Seeing IV as 3DS only is something I can expect since the last game was on DS, but P5 in Wii U? Not at all (at this moment).

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The original Devil Summoner was released in Saturn, PSX and PSP. I think you're talking about Soul Hackers, released in Saturn, then PSX and last in 3DS.

And like I said before, I, II and if... were released on Super Famicom first, then PSX. Nocturne is PS2 exclusive and Strange Journey is DS exclusive. Seeing IV as 3DS only is something I can expect since the last game was on DS, but P5 in Wii U? Not at all (at this moment).

Yeah I meant Soul Hackers though I should have clarified though I wouldn't put it past Atlus though I'm wondering whose going to develop SMTxFE, Nintendo or Atuls.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Since Persona is just a spin-off of the main series I think the mechanics and themes should stay there.
I never really planned on playing them, anyway -- well, I might take a look at Nocturne, since it has my favorite Dante in it, but other than that, I'm really only interested in P3P ("The Answer" in P3FES doesn't interest me that much, either), P4G, and P4A.

Zey

Yeah I meant Soul Hackers though I should have clarified though I wouldn't put it past Atlus though I'm wondering whose going to develop SMTxFE, Nintendo or Atuls.

Atlus is the main developer, but Intelligent System is working too. FE is developed by Intelligent System though, not Nintendo.
I never really planned on playing them, anyway -- well, I might take a look at Nocturne, since it has my favorite Dante in it, but other than that, I'm really only interested in P3P ("The Answer" in P3FES doesn't interest me that much, either), P4G, and P4A.
Nocturne is the most accesible game of the main series, give it a try at least, it would be a waste just staying there though. While Dante is pretty cool in the game, I think Nocturne has much more to offer than a simple cameo, the art, the music, the gameplay, the themes, the plot...if you are already have experience with Persona it's a must try.

Dark Drakan

Admin
At the moment I don't know nearly enough about the next gen consoles to form a solid opinion yet. There are currently nothing but rumours, half truths, guesses by analysts and not fully explained or incomplete features being mentioned. So until they release and we have proper facts I will reserve judgement instead of jumping on the much loved premature hate wagon of modern day gamers.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Sticking with PS3 for roughly two more years, i'll see what Sony will do with the PS4. If they support the same retardness Microsoft is supporting with this "no used games allowed" politic i'll buy a better PC, at least Steam have best offers even with DRM bullshit.

Top Bottom