• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT A LIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicktress

Artist
http://www.pspfanboy.com/2008/07/04/devil-may-cry-series-listed-on-capcom-psp-release-calander/

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/04/capcom-co-jp-lists-devil-may-cry-for-psp

"Capcom.co.jp lists Devil May Cry for PSP [Update]

17 Comments by Christopher Grant Jul 4th 2008 9:00AM
Filed under: Sony PSP

[Update: riot from Gamespark.jp – along with our own Andrew Yoon – let us know this listing has apparently been on Capcom's Japanese website since as far back as 2005. What's the deal, Capcom?]

Rumors that Devil May Cry would be theatrically shooting its way onto the PSP are about as old as the PSP itself. As far back as June 2005, Capcom discussed bringing Devil May Cry to the PSP along with nine other PSP titles; at that time, GameSpot wrote, "Devil May Cry [for the PSP] could see the light of day before 2006." By the time 2006 rolled around, still no sign of Devil May Cry for PSP, save for a mention on Capcom's Japanese website.

So here we are, two years on, and again we're seeing a mention of Devil May Cry for PSP on Capcom's Japanese site. Included at the top of a list of recently released and not-yet-released PSP games, "Devil May Cry" is alone in its absence of a release date, a price, or a linked website. Hit the Source link to see if it's still there or, just in case they've noticed that Dante crawled out of his cage and taken it down, we've got a screengrab after the break. Just a reminder: Capcom's E3 press conference is at 10:30ET on July 15th. Just saying ..."

dmc-psp-capcom-site.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/list/psp.html

ManOfMayhem

Trish is right. It seems official but it may not have been confirmed. Until then we will just have to wait.

Keaton

Premium
It may be a case that it is still in the 'drawing board' process, which means the design, story etc are still not-established. However this does mean it may not have been completly abandoned, but on the other hand it could disapear from that list tomorrow and we would never be told.

:)

Sparda™

I don't know why the hype for a PSP release. I'm truly more hyped about the live action movie, rather than this.:p

Keaton

Premium
I wouln't say i'm hyped, but I would like to see a PSP release, especially if it was a side story rather than a re-make/port.

I will avoid a Live Action movie like the plague...If you thought Spider-Man 1 reminded you of Power Rangers, hows a guy wearing red, a guy wearing blue with incredibly false white hair fighting with mysterious powers and turning into demons going to be any better >.<

CGi, thats I would pay to see :D

Sparda™

Keaton;104581 said:
I wouln't say i'm hyped, but I would like to see a PSP release, especially if it was a side story rather than a re-make/port.

I will avoid a Live Action movie like the plague...If you thought Spider-Man 1 reminded you of Power Rangers, hows a guy wearing red, a guy wearing blue with incredibly false white hair fighting with mysterious powers and turning into demons going to be any better >.<

CGi, thats I would pay to see :D

I agree on the side-story thing, although a next-gen console release would be better.

You'd pay for CGI, but Capcom has higher expectations such as live-action, no matter how false It would look.

Keaton

Premium
^I know, ah well, lets hope Capcom get the idea :)
After all could you imagine Advent Children as a Live Action?

Sparda™

You can't really answer that kind of question, but, I don't know. The impressions would be different, in different situations.;)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
well my ex keeps bugging me about a psp realease. he seems to think i am the top notch authority on DMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom