• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please tell me there are Sims 3 players here.

EllDawn

I was playing Sims 3 (more like letting my sims run their own lives while I read) and when I tried sending them to Champs le Sims the world loaded but my sims weren't there. The only way to get out of it was to use the task manager.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. I know it worked before the latest update. So maybe that screwed it up a little.

EllDawn

Maybe. I was kind of wondering if it was because I had a pregnant sim on the trip, but I can't find out until after she has her baby. I will be testing it.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
And I play the Sims 3 on the 360, so sorry about that one two. But I've had my sims "disappear" into the system. I can send them off to do an errand, and when I drop in on them, they are lost in the map or they "drop out" of the game. Restarting the game works for me, but it gets irritating.

EllDawn

And I play the Sims 3 on the 360, so sorry about that one two. But I've had my sims "disappear" into the system. I can send them off to do an errand, and when I drop in on them, they are lost in the map or they "drop out" of the game. Restarting the game works for me, but it gets irritating.
That's pretty much what it's like. So this is something that's happened to other people.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
It's very good but it lacks the extras from the PC version.
No TheSim3 night life or anything like that, just TheSim3 pets.

I love it though, lol i still have a undead sim to deal with though.
She's been a ghost for awhile.

@Britt690
Really ?
I've never had that happen.
I have two saves for two different households & the maximum number of Sims in each household & i haven't lost a Sim on the PS3.
I love the Pets expansion. I love horses, so that's pretty much my way of having a whole heard.

lol. I'd like to have a ghost sim, but don't usually play long enough for one to die. Maybe I'll just kill one instead.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
I liked TheSims Castaway, they're hair actually grew.

2. And Yea they're really difficult to kill (Ai Sims).
My Sim died by accidentally trying to repair a television while it was still plugged in.
So now she's a ghost with sparks coming from her lol.

It's cool because the ghost reflects how they died.
Drowning the ghost will look watery.
Electrified will have sparks.
Etc.
You can return them to life but it's a fruit.

I never knew that about Castaway. I'd like to know why they didn't put that in other games.

I had one sim catch on fire because of some of the jumps for her horse. What's real funny about it is she died before the fireman arrived and the first thing he said was, "Great job in putting the fire out before we arrived." Or something to that effect. My brother especially liked that. That happened about two or three times.

I remember that. I never actually looked up all the colors, but I knew that was done with Sims 2. In both games my sims usually die of old age, so I never saw the different ghosts.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
1. I think Castaway is available for console, i have it for PSP & it's awesome.
You live on an island, & you live off the wilderness.
It's Sims on an island.
You build shelter, you pick berries, hunt for food, you actually take shelter from a hurricane.
You're hunt home gets damaged, your clothes gets torn, hair grows longer & gets wild looking.
You fish, swim, cook over campfires, etc.
It's a great Sims.

2. LOL.
I always put fire alarms in each room & one outside.

3. lol I changed the age limit so my Sims takes an extremely long time to age.
Too bad I probably can't get that game. It sounds better than what they've done with the rest of the sims games.

lol. I don't usually do that. I forget, most of the time, to even get one for the kitchen. I think my sim had a butler at the time and he called the fire department. The problem is they seemed to think the best way to my sim's house was to run down the path behind her house instead of going around on the road.

Yeah, that's what I tend to do. And then I get and idea for something else I want to do and start over. lol. In Sims 2 I've actually been able to go for five generations which is long for me. That was the most patient I'd ever been.

Britt690

Really ?
I've never had that happen.
I have two saves for two different households & the maximum number of Sims in each household & i haven't lost a Sim on the PS3.
Yup, that's happened to me at least 6 times since having the game. One time, my sim was cooking breakfast, and after she washed her plate, she vanished right in front of my eyes. I clicked to follow her, and she was in the grid.:bored: Couldn't get her out for sh*t and I had to start it over.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
Yea CastAways is a great Sims game, i like TheSims2 on PSP too.
In TheSims2 on PSP you can become a vampire.
TheSims on consoles are slightly different from each other.
Sims CastAways has the damage clothing aspect, growing hair while you can make the fat & they can exercise & lose weight.
TheSims2 on PSP you can become a vampire.
While TheSims2 on console you can't.

2. Hmm it could be a design thing.
Certain ways you design a home sometimes the Ai will adjust oddly.
Oh i couldn't figure out how to plant seeds in TheSims3.

3. TheSims2 i had my Sims reborn into a different design & it was pretty cool.

Oh anyone remember TheUrbz ?
OMG TheUrbz character models looked sooooooo much better then TheSims2.
I loved TheUrbz, i wish they'd return.

Sims 2 is pretty good. I almost have all of the EPs for that one, but keep putting off ordering Free Time. I like the supernatural sims you can have.

That sounds strange that the console version of Sims 2 doesn't have vampires.

Maybe. I know I've had some sims end up on the wrong side of a wall in the basement.

If it's anything like the PC version, you select the seeds/produce while it's in your inventory and it should have the option to plant.

I think I actually had The Urbz on PS2. I don't remember. Either way I let my brother sell it since I wasn't playing it any more.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
1. I wished they included the supernatural in TheSims2 but EA doesn't really add to many expansions to console versions.
I like how TheSims2 you could die easily because everything was dangerous lol.

2. Yea it sucked, the PSP did & it was one vampire.

3. Hmm, try making more doors maybe, or making a walkway.

4. I think it was planting seeds, i don't remember.
I know it was something with plants i had trouble with.

5. TheUrbz was great, i like how you went to work & there was gameplay of their jobs.
That sucks that they don't. They really limit the console version.

Just one? Quite a different from the PC version. I've heard about people with games that just had vampires because the game kept spawning them.

I don't think that would work with a basement. I usually just have it as one large room.

You could probably find out again.

Okay, maybe that wasn't the one I had. It was a few years ago, so I don't really remember.

EllDawn

@EllDawn
1. Yea they do.
It was understandable on PS2 but PS3 i don't get it.
They could've milked this worse than Capcom does with StreetFighter4.
TheSims3 expansions, dlc, GOTY editions.

2. Yup just one in the PSP version.
They were different from each other.
TheSims2 on PS2 was another game from the PSP version.
The PSP version was much smaller & different storyline.

Castaway on PS2 & PSP were the same.

3. Hmm, i guess you have to fiddle with the furniture or something.

4. I could harvest, & water plants, i don't remember what exactly it was i had trouble.
I'll play it & comeback & tell you.

5. Ah
Was there a Sims with a Werewolf ?
That's what I really don't get. The PS3 can have so much, and yet they really didn't do anything with it. They could have had DLC for it, and didn't. The PS3 is practically a computer that's more game oriented.

I didn't even know the Sims console versions had story lines. lol. They probably do so little with console versions to make people want the PC games more.

Maybe. It's just strange to see.

Okay. Maybe it's something I can help with.

In Sims 2 for PC you got werewolves from the Pets expansion. In Sims 3 for PC they come with the Supernatural EP. I don't know about the console games.

Britt690

Ah, I remember the Urbz. I got that on the gamecube, but I remember it took up so much space. Did either one of you complete the sims 3 with all the achievements? I think I have over 500 hours playing it, but right now, since I've had this terrible hobby for interior decorating, I spend all my time creating houses, but being the semi-perfectionist that I am...I don't like em.

I do pride myself on my gardens, though :D

EllDawn

@EllDawn
I know right, & TheSims games themselves could've gone on a long time.
1. World Adventures
2. Ambitions
3. Late Night
4. Generations
5. Pets
6. Showtime
7. Supernatural
8. Seasons
9. University Life
10. Island Paradise
11. Into the Future
Those were the expansions for PC lol, around $10 each right ?
EA could've gone nuts on consoles.

2. Well the consoles Sims didn't i don't think.
The PSP Sims2 & Castaway did.
The PSP Sims 2 was to stop an evil scientist.
And PSP Sims Castaway was like a gilligan's island thing.
You get stuck on an island & live of whatever & try to find a way off.
For PC they're more like 20-30. But because of how accessible they'd be on today's consoles, they could lower it and get even more sales.

So all the story lines were saved for the PSP systems. Now that's cruel.

@EllDawn
3. Yea it is lol.

4. Most likely lol.

5. Really ?
I thought it was dogs & cats, normal stuff.
Yep. They have certain wolves, with glowing eyes, that will bite a sim and turn them into a werewolf. I care more about the vampires, though. They have one transformation, and that's it. Werewolves change every night, which can really slow down the game.

EllDawn

Ah, I remember the Urbz. I got that on the gamecube, but I remember it took up so much space. Did either one of you complete the sims 3 with all the achievements? I think I have over 500 hours playing it, but right now, since I've had this terrible hobby for interior decorating, I spend all my time creating houses, but being the semi-perfectionist that I am...I don't like em.

I do pride myself on my gardens, though :D
I have a hard time just getting myself to let my original sim die. I can turn off aging, but that gets boring. Trying to complete anything in the game would probably never happen with me.

lol. I love having a garden in Sims 3. I like to garden anyway, but this gets to be all year round.

Britt690

I have a hard time just getting myself to let my original sim die. I can turn off aging, but that gets boring. Trying to complete anything in the game would probably never happen with me.

lol. I love having a garden in Sims 3. I like to garden anyway, but this gets to be all year round.

Yeah on the 360 version you can have a max amount of 6 sims. And it's kinda irksome when they don't "expire" so I have to "off" them so the new generation can come in. I hate when that happens.

Yeah i think the ability to garden is a hi-light for me. So is fishing and catching the ones that are high in quality. I wonder if they'll keep that in the sims 4. Then again, isn't that coming out for the PC only?

EllDawn

Yeah on the 360 version you can have a max amount of 6 sims. And it's kinda irksome when they don't "expire" so I have to "off" them so the new generation can come in. I hate when that happens.

Yeah i think the ability to garden is a hi-light for me. So is fishing and catching the ones that are high in quality. I wonder if they'll keep that in the sims 4. Then again, isn't that coming out for the PC only?
I have enough of a problem with the limit being 8 on the PC. Six would really drive me insane. Four was even worse.

They'll probably have it in Sims 4. As for it being just for PC, that's probably how they'll start but later have one or two versions for consoles. That seems to be the pattern so far.

@EllDawn
I don't think it was saved for the PSP or handhelds but was created because of the tech limit.

That could be. I think they should have something like that for the PC versions. Give the players something to work toward.

EllDawn

@Britt690
I never really tried for them, i'm usually busy building, fishing or trying to take out an Ai Sim lol.

@EllDawn
I agree, i think story mode should return.
I remember TheSims did have a story mode & free mode on consoles, on PSP it was just story mode. You progress at your own pace.
They should have that option for the PC version. That's all free-play and tends to get boring. At least with Sims 3 World Adventures you can go through puzzles. That's one thing I love about it.

Top Bottom