• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Please Help Me Get SSS Rank On Mission 18 SOS

Noel

When the Bloody Palace and the update was announce for the Xbox360 and PS3, a member of the forum advise to try to get the SSS rank on mission 18,Son of Sparda before the update. According to him/her who purchase the PC version and downloaded the update, it's impossible to get a SSS rank on that mission because there isn't enough enemy to collect enough score.

I own the PS3 version and my best attempt is roughly...

STYLE 200,00 -SS
TIME 10 MINUTE -SSS
AND ALL LOST SOUL/KEY/DOOR FOUND -SSS

...and I still receive SS for that mission. Please anyone give me advise on how to get a SSS rank on mission 18, Son of Sparda before the update.

And also advise me which other mission I should try to get the SSS rank before the update. THANK YOU,

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
There's this exploit in that allows you to get infinite amount of points but it's painstakingly tedious. Enemies will not die when you are performing the trillion stabs move. All you need to do is dodge roll out of trillion stabs so that Dante doesn't perform his final thrust. Keep spamming trillion stabs and keep dodge rolling out of it and you can obtain an unlimited amount of style points. Keep in mind that your time will be affected. This exploit isn't new though since it's present in DMC4 and I THINK it's also present in DMC3.

Another method is too use kablooey more often. IIRC, 6 darts on one enemy gives about 8400 styles points at SSS and it doesn't kill the enemy too quickly too.

seraphmaycry

second question idk but first one i can help with

demon dodge it triples damage and style output what else can i say?

aquila ESSENTIAL in some fights for a impressive style rank leave the stygians and bathos alive in fights so at the end you can use buy in then tornado for WIN

dreamrunners this can be kinda confusing to some people so stay with me first walk up to while spamming ebony and ivory thenif you are close enough he will parry the bullets and hit you parry his parry then while he is recovering from his parried parry smash him with trinity smash or some other attack he cant block the last hit of trinity smash

triple sss time and completion is essential i know you have gotten them both at least once but do your best to remember the quickest routes and line up the conduits in the fastest time so you can farm enemys for style and still get triple s time

try that if that does not work after a bit ill see what else i know that could help

Noel

Thank you Cheesekao and neromaycry. I will try both of your advise as soon as I get the chance.

Take off the points from abilities that increase damage for rebellion/ and for arbitrer. I was the original poster, I just barely scraped 250,000 points to get SSS and granted I didn't get hit at all, but yeah its an annoying mission.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I am stuck on time right now to respond as much as I would like but I can give you a few pointers to at least increase your score and if you work at it enough you can use it to get the ranking you want.

*Use Arbiter a lot with the trinity smash, if you can weapon switch to maximize the speed of which you can accomplish this combo
*Try and get demon dodges when you can
*Aquila is such an amazing weapon abuse it to lock down the enemies you can that may give you difficulties. The best part about it, is that it keeps increasing or at least maintains your rank status when pinning an enemy down and you can always reuse the round-trip skill at any point in time.
*Angel evade is not only an amazing function to get away from attacks but to also close the gap between you and them without using opherion pull or lift. This way you can make sure you will not be hit and can move in the direction you ultimately want without any random problems plus it's fun ^^
*Last if not least! ABUSE YOUR CAMERA. USe your regular directional/movement joystick to move and face a certain direction but also use the other to focus your camera away from harder enemies or ones that may inhibit you. You can also use it vs the dreamrunners to get ready for their teleport and get ready a drive or revanent charge than move the camera back to allow them to jump back at you through their portal so you will be ready for them ^^

Again I would have liked to elaborate more but am getting ready to do an online conference and only had under 2 minutes to type this so I just threw out some good facts that can definitely help and I wanted to help :) Feel free to pm me to elaborate or ask here and I can respond soon.

Noel

Take off the points from abilities that increase damage for rebellion/ and for arbitrer. I was the original poster, I just barely scraped 250,000 points to get SSS and granted I didn't get hit at all, but yeah its an annoying mission.
Thanks for bring it up in previous thread. After hours of gameplay, I finally able to get 225,000 and got my SSS rank.

Noel

I am stuck on time right now to respond as much as I would like but I can give you a few pointers to at least increase your score and if you work at it enough you can use it to get the ranking you want.

*Use Arbiter a lot with the trinity smash, if you can weapon switch to maximize the speed of which you can accomplish this combo
*Try and get demon dodges when you can
*Aquila is such an amazing weapon abuse it to lock down the enemies you can that may give you difficulties. The best part about it, is that it keeps increasing or at least maintains your rank status when pinning an enemy down and you can always reuse the round-trip skill at any point in time.
*Angel evade is not only an amazing function to get away from attacks but to also close the gap between you and them without using opherion pull or lift. This way you can make sure you will not be hit and can move in the direction you ultimately want without any random problems plus it's fun ^^
*Last if not least! ABUSE YOUR CAMERA. USe your regular directional/movement joystick to move and face a certain direction but also use the other to focus your camera away from harder enemies or ones that may inhibit you. You can also use it vs the dreamrunners to get ready for their teleport and get ready a drive or revanent charge than move the camera back to allow them to jump back at you through their portal so you will be ready for them ^^

Again I would have liked to elaborate more but am getting ready to do an online conference and only had under 2 minutes to type this so I just threw out some good facts that can definitely help and I wanted to help :) Feel free to pm me to elaborate or ask here and I can respond soon.
I appreciate you giving your time to help me a lot. Thank you, your advise using the camera is very usefull and had help me kill stronger enemy like the dreamrunners.

You guys have been a lot of help. I finally able to get SSS rank on mission 18 :D. Thank You again.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
The hardest mission for Me to SSS rank was SoS 'Devil Inside', Mission 9. I had to replay it about 10 times before I got it. Eventually ended up having to abuse Demon Dodge during the Devil Trigger limbo segment. Still only got an SS for score, but overall managed an SSS luckily.

Top Bottom