• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

PlayStation or Xbox?

CIAdevil

Devil Dante
I am trying to decide between buying Xbox or play station?

I usually play with my pc but I can't wait for the pc version release?

Which one is better regardless ps3 is expensive? :\

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
do u want an honost opinion on wich version is better, or do u just want to know what we prefer?...lol, ur kind of asking the most biased bunch of ppl ever. we will all give u a different answer. personally i prefer the ps3, not only because of the fact that it is a blu-ray player and is basicly a computer, but it just looks better and isnt likely that you will run into any huge problems with it..ive had my ps3 since the launch date and i havent had a single problem, i also have 3 friends that have had it since then and they also have had no problems..ive heard of some regions having burn out problems with it.. but so far i havent heard of a single problem in the American region, atleast not anywhere near here, and i live in Michigan..lol but i suppose it all comes down to what you want and what system ur a bigger fan of..wich games and type of games u urself are interested in can make a huge difference in wether ur happy with the system u get

aka958

Don't trust people
well i prefer Xbox360 , sure they talk alot about the 3 red rings or something but what the hell?!??! it has never happened to me, the only game that have been stoped in gameplay was the one that i losed and found on the ground a week later :) and you got achivements its super COOL..... it got superb Games to (ps3 got some cool games too but not like Xbox360) example : Lost Planet, Turok, Bioschock and much much more!

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Turok is on the ps3 too so u can scratch that one..lol, atleast it is over here in the states, although the 360 does have some great games

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
All I know is that with the x box you have rumble but with the PS3 you will have quicker loading times (so I have heard) I think they look exactly the same though.

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
darth_angelo45;81011 said:
All I know is that with the x box you have rumble but with the PS3 you will have quicker loading times (so I have heard) I think they look exactly the same though.

the ps3 is getting rumble next month...lol atleast the American ones are..Japan already has it

Arwen

Lost Soul
Hmm, I wouls say PS3 as you can upgrade the memory if you want and add linux to your system. Now come on that's kinda cool. Besides that I heard thet the xbox360 isn't backwards compatible like the PS3 which sucks if you got the older Xbox games.

neoLogy!

Xbox 360 Elite Version goes for cheaper than some PS3s. You have nice exclusives ( won't say PS3 doesn't have them too.) The two systems are very alike, tho, I do prefer the Elite, basically for the games. Be honest, why would you put Linux on your PS3? And Xbox 360 IS backwards compatible. Well, not for some games, but for most of them. Go with what you like. I wouldn't, of course, suggest changing from a PS2 to a 360, or from a Xbox to a PS3.

*IMHO, the 360 looks hella better :D*

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
Dalkin;81047 said:
Hmm, I wouls say PS3 as you can upgrade the memory if you want and add linux to your system. Now come on that's kinda cool. Besides that I heard thet the xbox360 isn't backwards compatible like the PS3 which sucks if you got the older Xbox games.

it wasnt backwards compatible at launch, they've since then retooled it and made it partially backwards compatible to gain all the old fans back...lol, all in all it's pretty much just a fan call on wich is better..personally im for the ps3 although i will give the 360 it's props...i will most likely get one when i get the money

CIAdevil

Devil Dante
WoW, Thank you very much for your answers. Seems like i will go for the ps3 since i have a lot of ps2 and ps1 games and is all compatable with the ps3 and this is all about DMC so I will have DMC, DMC2, DMC3 and DMC4 is playstation. I belive DMC was born in Playstation 2 so i will stick with ps3 and save my self from buying an extra expensive dvd for the blue ray movies :) and since i have a pretty decent computer I will play the rest of the games in my pc :)

Sparda™

CIAdevil;81085 said:
WoW, Thank you very much for your answers. Seems like i will go for the ps3 since i have a lot of ps2 and ps1 games and is all compatable with the ps3 and this is all about DMC so I will have DMC, DMC2, DMC3 and DMC4 is playstation. I belive DMC was born in Playstation 2 so i will stick with ps3 and save my self from buying an extra expensive dvd for the blue ray movies :) and since i have a pretty decent computer I will play the rest of the games in my pc :)

Wise choice! :D

neoLogy!

Well, Blu Ray isn't really a thing that should worry you, but good choice going for the PS3, considering you already have the other 2.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i have played the first mission on both (i played xbox in a shop and PS3 with my friend) and i dont really mind, its just how do you want the controler? but i cant believe that you cant wait 2 days to get the PC version

Joyce_Nero

Mhm...this is really hard to tell because it is something you have to know personal because both systems are close together. So...don't just think about DMC4....think about games you are interessted in and will be released in future. I prefer PS3 because (I'm a Sony ***** XDDD) there are more games I play than X-Box360! ^^

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i aws having the same problem deciding, 360 has more FPS, but PS3 has more action games, so i dont know which to pick lol

Top Bottom