• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

platinum game's or ninja theory for future DMC.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
And if the two get together and do a DMC , the Plantium could work to make the gameplay , and Ninja Theory the story , the art , etc . The result would be interesting.
add Square Enix for visuals (for some odd reason) n THAT would be perfect (i think)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Dude, the fallout aint worth the effort.

I aint raising no mutants.
mutants could be cool

Well...they really shouldn't if Capcom doesn't ask them...that's rather arrogant of PG to assume that...that's all I'm saying...like I said, there are so many hack-and-slash companies, why are we narrowing it to these specific ones? All I care about are more good DMC games...I don't care who makes them...if NT fails AND Capcom says "Hey we don't want you" then I don't care who they choose...if NT succeeds, then of course I want them to continue, since they should get the credit and that privilege.

i was saying it in a good way...i love those games...i was saying the GoW games upped the ante a bit....
that they did

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
MGRR is more like a game calld Vanquish which is also made by PG, except that's a TPS game.
Vanquish was a fun game, but the solid snake rip off and off the wall story made the gameplay, for me, very repetitive. PG seems to think using big words in they're stories dialog makes the story more intelligent. The only thing I give PG's credit for is their gameplay, but without any direction, their games seem more like space invaders.

Optimus Crime

Vanquish was a fun game, but the solid snake rip off and off the wall story made the gameplay, for me, very repetitive. PG seems to think using big words in they're stories dialog makes the story more intelligent. The only thing I give PG's credit for is their gameplay, but without any direction, their games seem more like space invaders.

I'm not too excited about the same part either, but PG always has some real good stuff with gameplay. Not like NT, you can't see all the awesome part of PG's game from one single trailer. I've read some interview of PG and the producer of MGS(I don't know how to spell that guy's name. In China, we can use Chinese words to spell Japnese's names. You know, their words came from ours. That guy's is 小岛秀夫,means a beautiful man from a little island). It seems that it's his idea to make MGRR a exciting action game like it now, but his own team failed. And then they found PG which with plenty of experience of that. They named the game MGRR to let fans seperate this game from the MGS series. In my opinion, PG's work is worth expecting. For DmC... I'm not realy satisfied with what they've shown so far.

BTW, CAPCOM hired NT to make new DmC to learn how to make games more "western". Those awesome action games made by them were not sold as good as those were made by western people. No offence, but even as good as Batman: The Akham City isn't for the players who are realy into games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta or God Hand. And action games like Darksiders or Dante's Inferno I find realy boring sold even more than those. CAPCOM believes that they can still make action games as good as PG's(although DMC4 is not that good already), what they realy need is how to deal with things like storyline and overall game ambience. That's why they found NT who's good at it and also not too expensive. :) They think they can take care of the rest parts, but I don't think they did a very good job for now. The moves of Dante in DmC are all from Nero and Dante in DMC4. Too many air combos.I know in both DMC 3 and 4, there are many air combo exist, especially the latter. And this even make a lot of players think that fancy combo system is the soul of the game. So what I'm worrying about is Ninja Theory is misguided by this viewpoint too. DMC 1 is a game from 10 years ago with no so called combo. But it was this game, which draws so many players’ attention when it comes out. And the same reason why comments about DMC 3 are way better than DMC 4’s is that 3 actually has better in game balance. Too many air combos actually make combat easy as you can just pull an enemy to some places where other enemies cannot reach, and then tear that enemy apart. If the time that can stay in the air is relatively short, or there are some other kinds of limitation added on this system so that players can’t kill the enemy that easy, then it's not a big deal (such as DMC 3). But in DMC4, almost infinite air combo has dominated the whole game and it in fact pulls down the overall combat rhythm or even break it.

Railazel

I'm not too excited about the same part either, but PG always has some real good stuff with gameplay. Not like NT, you can't see all the awesome part of PG's game from one single trailer. I've read some interview of PG and the producer of MGS(I don't know how to spell that guy's name. In China, we can use Chinese words to spell Japnese's names. You know, their words came from ours. That guy's is 小岛秀夫,means a beautiful man from a little island). It seems that it's his idea to make MGRR a exciting action game like it now, but his own team failed. And then they found PG which with plenty of experience of that. They named the game MGRR to let fans seperate this game from the MGS series. In my opinion, PG's work is worth expecting. For DmC... I'm not realy satisfied with what they've shown so far.

BTW, CAPCOM hired NT to make new DmC to learn how to make games more "western". Those awesome action games made by them were not sold as good as those were made by western people. No offence, but even as good as Batman: The Akham City isn't for the players who are realy into games like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta or God Hand. And action games like Darksiders or Dante's Inferno I find realy boring sold even more than those. CAPCOM believes that they can still make action games as good as PG's(although DMC4 is not that good already), what they realy need is how to deal with things like storyline and overall game ambience. That's why they found NT who's good at it and also not too expensive. :) They think they can take care of the rest parts, but I don't think they did a very good job for now. The moves of Dante in DmC are all from Nero and Dante in DMC4. Too many air combos.I know in both DMC 3 and 4, there are many air combo exist, especially the latter. And this even make a lot of players think that fancy combo system is the soul of the game. So what I'm worrying about is Ninja Theory is misguided by this viewpoint too. DMC 1 is a game from 10 years ago with no so called combo. But it was this game, which draws so many players’ attention when it comes out. And the same reason why comments about DMC 3 are way better than DMC 4’s is that 3 actually has better in game balance. Too many air combos actually make combat easy as you can just pull an enemy to some places where other enemies cannot reach, and then tear that enemy apart. If the time that can stay in the air is relatively short, or there are some other kinds of limitation added on this system so that players can’t kill the enemy that easy, then it's not a big deal (such as DMC 3). But in DMC4, almost infinite air combo has dominated the whole game and it in fact pulls down the overall combat rhythm or even break it.
I agree, I'm a man of ground action and heavy gun- shooting, what am I supposed to do with a bunch of air combos? I'll just end up spamming the attack and grab button, I don't even think I'll come back down to the ground.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I agree, I'm a man of ground action and heavy gun- shooting, what am I supposed to do with a bunch of air combos? I'll just end up spamming the attack and grab button, I don't even think I'll come back down to the ground.
With the way the nu DT's set up, u'll do jus fine ;)
ps. ASK QUESTIONS FIRST!! KILL DURING!!

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Trust me it'll happen. I don't think anybody would be able to concentrate on the original point of this thread now.
*panics* UMMM UHHH PLATINUM GAMES FOR FUTURE DMC'S BECAUSE I THINK KAMIYA SHOULD DO ANOTHER DEVIL MAY CRY (considering how Capcom ousted him after DMC 2 bombed)

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Am I the only one that thinks SE spends to much time on putting to much visuals in one shot. I find it very hard to look at at times because theres to much all at once. I like in game graphics like konami or naughty dog or NT. It keeps you in the game and I love moments when I cant tell the difference from cinematics and gameplay.
NT should get the chance to do DmC and if its good, they should have another shot at it.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Yet again i say neither
Heavenly sword from what i heard is exactly like god of war only and if i wanted to play a GoW clone i would play Dante's inferno
and Bayonetta from the demo felt like i only needed the guns and i really hate games that give you a sword and no reason to use it

If i were forced to choose i would go with platinum games for the reason the first DMC was made by kamiya
But overall DMC is made best by the one who made 3 and 4 but that is because i prefer gameplay over story

Railazel

Yet again i say neither
Heavenly sword from what i heard is exactly like god of war only and if i wanted to play a GoW clone i would play Dante's inferno
and Bayonetta from the demo felt like i only needed the guns and i really hate games that give you a sword and no reason to use it

If i were forced to choose i would go with platinum games for the reason the first DMC was made by kamiya
But overall DMC is made best by the one who made 3 and 4 but that is because i prefer gameplay over story

Actually, the swords felt like a good edition to some folks. Bayonetta is one of those games you'll have to buy the whole game for in order to get an legit idea of it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So i think i probably wouldn't let either of them do it on their own.
these two companies are too lopsided in one area so i would bring someone else too oversea aspects that they are weak with.

Top Bottom