• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Persona Vs Final Fantasy

Which is the better jrpg?

• Persona

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Final Fantasy

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
This thread is to discuss the franchises as a whole, not which verse would win in a fight or which individual characters would win in a fight please keep it civil

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hard choice, mainly because each instalment in both franchises are different from each other rather than a continuous story. As a result, I like some games better than others.

If I had to make a choice, I would go for Persona as I enjoyed more of their games as a whole than I did FF.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Back in the day it would have been FF. But today….*sigh* since FFXII I havent played single compelling FF game.

Meg

Persona, As of now, I haven't liked any of the main entry FF games I've played. Although I certainly hope I find one that I like! And I did enjoy some of the spin offs. But overall, Persona by a long shot. P3 is one of my favorite games and I thoroughly enjoyed P4 as well. Its stories and characters grabbed me in a way FF hasn't been able to (yet! ^^).

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Persona, As of now, I haven't liked any of the main entry FF games I've played. Although I certainly hope I find one that I like! And I did enjoy some of the spin offs. But overall, Persona by a long shot. P3 is one of my favorite games and I throughly enjoyed P4 as well. Its stories and characters grabbed me in a way FF hasn't been able to (yet! ^^).
Try FFX

Reactions: Meg

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My personal favorite FFs are FFX and FFIV. IV is, admittedly, a little dated, but I love its characters.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I've just started my venture into the Persona series with the Vita port of 4 I'm not all the way finished yet (50 or so hours in) but it has been scratching an itch that FF15 did not for me. So if the Final Fantasy series keeps going in the direction of 15, I'm happy that the Persona series is there to be new and exciting for me.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I've just started my venture into the Persona series with the Vita port of 4 I'm not all the way finished yet (50 or so hours in) but it has been scratching an itch that FF15 did not for me. So if the Final Fantasy series keeps going in the direction of 15, I'm happy that the Persona series is there to be new and exciting for me.
I feel a big part of it is that final fantasy is sort of detatched from its japanese roots, feeling more westernized because it knows it has a bigger audience and thus tries to cater to a wider variety of people but because of that it can only please each group of people with small aspects while persona is basically "we made anime into a game. Deal with it." so it can focus more on a very specific audience

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I feel a big part of it is that final fantasy is sort of detatched from its japanese roots, feeling more westernized because it knows it has a bigger audience and thus tries to cater to a wider variety of people but because of that it can only please each group of people with small aspects while persona is basically "we made anime into a game. Deal with it." so it can focus more on a very specific audience
I'd say that's pretty accurate. Sometimes with the later games in the Final Fantasy series I've felt like they don't know what they want the series to be anymore. And while my experience with Persona is so far pretty limited, the game clearly knows what it is and I appreciate that.

Reactions: Meg

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Final fantasy tries to not put too nany cultural references in their games which would be fine if they elaborated on the culture of the fictional world more but theyce started doing it less and less, FFX is my fav because you got to see so much of that culture

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Premium
I think most of my friends who have played both Ff15/P5 enjoyed p5 more, they feel its better polished in terms of story and gameplay.

I have played more KH games so i enjoy the gameplay of KH more but the story of Persona 3/4/5 is more appealing to me than KH.

Hope that helps.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like I said, porque no los dos.
Each one has something to offer and I find both to be quality games with heavy flaws but hardly deal breakers.

FFXV is gorgeous, fun, enormous and constantly growing.

P5 is bold, stylish, funny and uncompromising.

Both games took me over 100 to finish and there is still more to do.

On the other hand FFXV has the single most anemic plot to any Final Fantasy game ever, even shorter than FFXIII 2 or any other spinoff, and what we got pales to what we were promised with Versus.

P5 becomes tremendously repetitive before long and the final boss fight is meh and even hooky, a far cry from P4G's.

Neither game might be perfect but I love them both and find them very different from each other, so much so that asking which I like more is like asking if I like apples or a speedy passage through the US/México border better; if I had to pick I would but they're not exactly in the same category.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Like I said, porque no los dos.
Each one has something to offer and I find both to be quality games with heavy flaws but hardly deal breakers.

FFXV is gorgeous, fun, enormous and constantly growing.

P5 is bold, stylish, funny and uncompromising.

Both games took me over 100 to finish and there is still more to do.

On the other hand FFXV has the single most anemic plot to any Final Fantasy game ever, even shorter than FFXIII 2 or any other spinoff, and what we got pales to what we were promised with Versus.

P5 becomes tremendously repetitive before long and the final boss fight is meh and even hooky, a far cry from P4G's.

Neither game might be perfect but I love them both and find them very different from each other, so much so that asking which I like more is like asking if I like apples or a speedy passage through the US/México border better; if I had to pick I would but they're not exactly in the same category.
I know that, its not meant to put one or the other down i just mean as an jrpg experience taking both pros and cons into consideration which do they prefer

Top Bottom