• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Perfect Casting: Willem Dafoe is Ryuk in Netflix's Death Note!

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Best news I've heard all day.

tumblr_lobwjeGhwl1qjxm01o1_500.gif

Willaim F*cking Dafoe has been cast as the shinigami Ryuk in Netflix's live action Death Note adaption.
dafoe-death-note-193278.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/02/willem-dafoe-joins-death-note-movie/

Last edited:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Holy crap! It never ever crossed my mind Willem Dafoe could play Ryuk, yet now it seems so obvious.

This just made my night.

Edit: I also like how L's supposed to be African-American in this adaptation. It seems like one of those things that may bother you, but it doesn't. I think what characterized L was his calm demeanor and borderline sociopathic methods in solving his cases, not his skin color.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Certainly a better choice than CGI.

Edit: I also like how L's supposed to be African-American in this adaptation. It seems like one of those things that may bother you, but it doesn't. I think what characterized L was his calm demeanor and borderline sociopathic methods in solving his cases, not his skin color.
Funny thing about L's heritage. He's a quarter English, a quarter Russian, a quarter Japanese and a quarter French/Italian.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Thread name changed.

The man's name is Willem, Willem Dafoe, not Willaim. What is wrong with you? Are you trying to incur the wrath of Defoe upon your head? You know not the forcer you middle with!! Pray that he didn't notice your mistake. I can do no more for you.

Skagewid

Thread name changed.

The man's name is Willem, Willem Dafoe, not Willaim. What is wrong with you? Are you trying to incur the wrath of Defoe upon your head? You know not the forcer you middle with!! Pray that he didn't notice your mistake. I can do no more for you.
Because now he is a Shinigami with a Death note. He can kill who he want when he want.

Top Bottom