• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Peculiar Things We Do When Playing Video Games.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I've come to realize that I do some pretty peculiar stuff when I play games. Most of the time it's just a random habit I develop while playing the game, other times it is some what of a running joke, and some of these are just plain irrational. So I thought it would be fun to share them see if any of you do anything similar.
  • When I play The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask, I have the Ocarina equiped, even when I don't need it for anything.
  • In Metal Gear Solid 3 I tend to run around in the camoflauge combo of Shirtless and Skull/Zombie Face paint, despite it almost never being a combination that actually ups the camo index. I do the same in MGS4 with the Assassins Creed outfit.
  • When I play Crash Bandicoot 2 I tend to belly flop into bonus areas and onto the exit warp pads.
  • When a character in Final Fantasy X scores a critical hit I tend to say " Hmm, {Insert character name here} You are an animal."
  • Also from FFX, whenever I need to use Wakka in some way or another I make the Pacman sound effect "waka waka waka"
  • In Dragon Age games, I don't like to kill bosses if my character has already died in the fight.
  • I nickname things a lot. I think the most glorious example would be nicknaming Detective Sebastian Castellanos from The Evil Within, I dubbed him "Detective Sea Bass"
That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to share your own strange gaming habbits, I'm sure someone will get a kick out of them.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
  • When I play The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask, I have the Ocarina equiped, even when I don't need it for anything.
  • When I play Crash Bandicoot 2 I tend to belly flop into bonus areas and onto the exit warp pads.
  • Also from FFX, whenever I need to use Wakka in some way or another I make the Pacman sound effect "waka waka waka"
I the first 2 things as well, although with Wakka I quote Bender from Futurama when he KOs an enemy. I also yell like Christian Bale when I can't find a certain item, "WHERE IS IT?"

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't make them spin, I make them dance.

I get competitive with games I'm better at than my friends. Specially if we're doing co-op.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
if i'm playing a game and i get a B rank instead of an A/S rank
i immediately go "WELL that won't do" and retry over and over again until i get it perfect

if it's in the game i always try and finish bosses with a super move
example: In DMC4 as nero i always finish off Sanctus with a DT Buster

berto

I Saw the Devil
When trying to kill monsters I've said to my friend "Shoot it in the human."

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
  • I like a few other folks have said: I like to run around in circles for no reasons.
  • If the level has a map that needs to be filled out I will not leave that area until I have completely, even if it's not necessary.
  • I tend to talk to the characters when playing any game. E.I: Coaching them, yelling at them or congratulate them. >.>

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
If a game has breakable objects in the environment I have to break of the things. ...even if said things respawn when I re-enter an area
Edit: This is more like a strange opinion but I'm still going to include it here anyway. Crabs , in almost every video game that I can think of that has the, are the most smug creatures in the game

Last edited:
Top Bottom