• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Parents

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
How often do your parents spoil you? Buy you something because you asked? See that you need a new *insert* and get it for you?

I was just talking to a friend who asks their parents for a new whatever and as long as it's within £100, they get it. Whereas mine, I get standard stuff, food, electric, water, room, ect. The rest I must buy myself.

i buy my own food and work to save money to buy want i want. the only thing i get from my family the garage and it became my room for the time being until i get my own place.

Janny

Dines with dementia
I'm lucky if a day passes and they don't ***** about how much electricity/water I use. For pete's sake, I barely eat anything anymore and they still complain...
So they don't really spoil me... They used to as a kid though, if you count my daily need for candy or anything related to sugar.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
I don't ask for anything, so they can't spoil me but my brother asks all the time, he is spoiled.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
My parents will gladly buy me something if they think it will benefit me. They will also chip in on occasions, for things I want. But for the most part, I buy my own things.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Was never spoilt as a kid because aside from my family being incredibly poor, neither of them were raised in families which indulged their every whims. Tends to go that if you hand everything on a plate to your kids they have an expectation in life that they are entitled to it as standard from everyone - not all kids who are given everything they want are like this, but enough of them are.

When I was living in a homeless shelter then my mother would pay for food or electricity for me because I literally did not have a penny - but I never asked her, she always offered or did it without asking me first. I think it's different in those situations and anyone would help out a family member in that way without thinking they are spoiling them - it's just the right thing to do when someone is in need. I do it for my neighbours now - if their car breaks down, I fix it. If they run out of food, I buy it. Because that's what you do for others - you treat them right when they need it.

My parents will buy gifts for me occasionally - such as stuff for the new baby or perhaps dinner when I go visit - but never something I ask for unless it's on loan so I can pay them back for it. I'm old enough and financially stable enough to fund my own lifestyle. Besides, it's nice to spoil them from time to time instead :D

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I was generally spoiled by my parents quite a bit as I was growing up. Then again, when I entered my teens, I hardly asked for anything and when I reached about 18, it took every ounce of my being to even spend a penny of anything non-essential. I've become much more relaxed when it comes to spending money over the past few years and frequently spend a little on myself and the family (mostly myself). :p

It's strange, now I've got a kid on the way, I love the idea of spoiling him or her rotten but I'm hoping I'll be able to show some restraint. :p

Keaton

Premium
TBH, I haven't had anyone buy me anything (apart from occassions such as Birthdays) for three years+. My girlfriend helps me out if i'm low on funds, but otherwise I'm pretty self reliant. ^^

But, one of the most memorable things was when my Grandmother bought me a GBA Game (The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Time) when I was taken into hospital (I was...15 i think o_O) :)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i don't like to think that i am spoiled. my grandmother always spoiled me but she has passed on now.

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
My parents pay me for the chores i do, and i do more chores than my mother does, the fact is my parents have basically ruined my life by constantly arguing and moving house so i dont like them, even if they do pay me to wash up and other things.

And they blame me for the huge electricity bill but its my sister who leaves the tv on standby not me!

Top Bottom