• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Over 1 month later...

Frazz

General gamer
So it's been over a month since DMC4: SE was released... How do you feel about it? What could have been improved? What works really well for you? For me I think the mission 18 saviour battle should have been changed for Trish and Vergil, I think Vergil and Trish are great to play as and I think that as far as remasters go it's probably the best on the market.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What could have been improved?

Definitely balance.

And to hell with Grim Trick, they should have kept DMC3 Vergil's teleport mechanic.

What works really well for you?

Well... the stylishness, as always. It's still the top game in that regard, and the SE brought it a few more steps even higher.

Also the three characters have good control layouts.

I think that as far as remasters go it's probably the best on the market.

Well yeah, it's one of the few I've seen that actually increases the replayability and the longevity of the base game. Often remasters are just graphical upgrades and bundled DLCs, this is not the case.

Khundy

Berserker
enjoying it but waiting for more progress in the mod scene since the update has changed the base game to be more of the newer Resident evil 6 format of the MT framework.

also waiting to see if anything new comes out of the 3 new characters in the way of guard fly and advance combat mechanics.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Definitely balance.

And to hell with Grim Trick, they should have kept DMC3 Vergil's teleport mechanic.

Well... the stylishness, as always. It's still the top game in that regard, and the SE brought it a few more steps even higher.

Also the three characters have good control layouts.

Well yeah, it's one of the few I've seen that actually increases the replayability and the longevity of the base game. Often remasters are just graphical upgrades and bundled DLCs, this is not the case.
Someone has relased a mod that gives Vergil a more traditional trick mechanic, I just can't remember at the moment.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well, I'm enjoying it.
Still I would've liked to have some kind of new missions, or at least a new boss battle like DMC3SE had, they could've ported the Nero Boss from the Iphone version, would've been enough for me to be honest.

I believe after the SE a new title will have a lot to live up to in terms variety, since we have 5 playable characters now, some of which could be expanded on in terms of gameplay with future entries.
And in all honesty I don't think Capcom can top it, but I hope they at least try to.

Top Bottom