• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

original Dante reboot design

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I really enjoy the new Dante but I would also like to see how the original design for Dante would've acted throughout the game it seems as if he would've drove the game in a different direction and btw NO NEW DANTE HATE you can voice negative opions with actual reasons but please do not hate for the sake of hating

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think the result would've been the same, however Dante would be suffering from mental unstable headaches that seemed to have come from memories of being tortured in mental institutions.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I really enjoy the new Dante but I would also like to see how the original design for Dante would've acted throughout the game it seems as if he would've drove the game in a different direction and btw NO NEW DANTE HATE you've voice negative opions with actual reasons but please do not hate for the sake of hating

Which design? from the concept art? or from the the tgs 10 trailer?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It feels like a good fanfic prompt. I dug the trailer a lot when it first aired and I was curious as to how they were gonna reconcile tgs10 Dante with classic Dante.

It be interesting to read the original scenario for DmC like how RE5 had one. I know there is concept art but that can only tell you so much.

EDIT- I think Dragonmaster2010 had a point when he said most of the game's story would be the same but I feel it still might have some differences from the final product. Tgs10 Dante is at a different place than captivate12 Dante so he might have different motivations, interactions, reactions etc.

It would be like if I rewrote DMC3 with the first light novel still in canon and that is what Dante referred to as happening a year ago rather than what the Manga was supposed to be.

50% of the game's story would still be there but the other half would be different because you are dealing with a different Dante/vergil etc.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yea i liked how the dante in the trailer right when i first watched it, and that was the time when all hell broke loose, i dig skinny, shabby and untreated characters.. i kinda imagine the game would be deep and heavy storywise, but from the trailer we couold still see the gameplay is still a lot of fun, especially the gunplay..

and i agree with DM, we would have moments of headache when playing the game, and it will be cool when that headache interferes with our gameplay.. like when we were having fun slashing and then the headache came, we would go "****, not now!" i think it's fun..

personality wise, he would be very unlikable-- an uber arrogant, senile brat, and maybe a bit more beastly and vicious.. i imagine any supporting characters will have a hard time getting along with him

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The trailer looked at least semi-different from the game.

Not too much, but enough to notice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
this Dante seems more raw and driven by revenge than the final product who was driven by revenge but looking for a purpose so i think you would have to give him more time to actually want a purpose.

So maybe there is a timeskip with him being Vergil's right hand man but he rebels?

Top Bottom