• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

One Game I HATE!!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
But not only do I dislike it, I have spent countless hours of my life wasted on this officially and truly despicable game. Oh yes, it may indeed be old; but do not let that change your mind. Despite being old, it is nonetheless nowhere near a classic game. Not even close to a piece of gaming history, more a gaming disaster. It scarred me playing this games, and bored me half to death.

Driv3r

Okay, where do I begin? :rolleyes: Starting the game you may feel excited, anticipating what is about to come. Only to be hugely disappointed, with such greatness it will make you regret putting the disk in at all. Story wise... Well, it's just boring. Chase missions, they were dull. Missions that involved being stuck in a small room, with a forklift and a ladder. In order to escape, simply climb the ladder. Easier said than done, with the controls. Half the time you will find it practically impossible to perform even the smallest task. Running or jumping will lead you astray, and even damage your life. Realistically, jumping from a small wall not even the size of the character himself, would not harm you. But considering this is Driv3r, it will take half your bloody health off!!! What the hell is the point in playing an action game, when you can't even perform much action in the first place. If the environments themselves were to be driven in also, like the title would state. Then why on Earth do you crash into everything? o_O

There is no logic, or dynamic to this game. The fighting and driving engine is completely flawed, and the graphics are surprisingly dull and lack detail. Despite release in 2004, the game developers presumably travelled and mapped these places out with incredible detail. Whether that is so, I never knew that Istanbul, Nice or Miami had a giant glitch World underneath them. Going out of bounds in any of these maps will send Tanner into a huge glitch World.

What they have done here is try to achieve something, graphically, interestingly and truly worthy to stand in the history of gaming. But have taken no consideration in the fact that in such an early stage in games, console capability, graphics and other such realism; they have failed epically >_<

To be final with the review of this game, I am going to go against "This is going to be the ride of your until now worthless life" OP2M (Official Playstation 2 Magazine) That review clearly offends every single owner who has a copy of this game. My review would be this "If you had any sense, keep your worthless life and never play this game!!!"

~LoD and Damien

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I almost, almost brought Driv3r back when it was the flavour of the month for the old Xbox. All the previews seemed to promising and I loved the original Driver for PSX!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
nero xy;182223 said:
are you crezy

Nope, the game is truly terrible in mine and Damien's opinion. No craziness here, Sir XD

Keaton

Premium
Dark Drakan;182266 said:
The first was great, the rest were terrible. Little more has to be said. :lol:

^This.

I loved the first game and I remember spending as many hours on that as I did Crazy Taxi (Epic Win), never felt the need to follow the series though. Kinda confuses me when a game thats about a guy driving decides to give you the ability to get out of the car...kinda felt unnessacary to me.

I enjoyed the original, and I hated the training missions, they were some hard stuff :D

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Dark Drakan;182266 said:
The first was great, the rest were terrible. Little more has to be said. :lol:

This.

Keaton;182271 said:
^This.

I loved the first game and I remember spending as many hours on that as I did Crazy Taxi (Epic Win), never felt the need to follow the series though. Kinda confuses me when a game thats about a guy driving decides to give you the ability to get out of the car...kinda felt unnessacary to me.

I enjoyed the original, and I hated the training missions, they were some hard stuff :D

This.

LordOfDarkness;182226 said:
Nope, the game is truly terrible in mine and Damien's opinion. No craziness here, Sir XD

And this.

Driv3r was a terrible game, the original was brilliant, a kick arse masterpiece, everything after that was just...Well...Crap, quite frankly, I ended up using my disc as a tea coaster...

Top Bottom