• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Olde english

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I thought the ersatz Shakespearean texts were kind of cool in this, they gave it a definite "angry goth turned poet" edge. I guess that's the best way I can phrase it.:lol:. Bet you can do better.

e.g. "Thou shalt return from the abyss with thy lionheart and thou shalt receive the Pride of lion"

Keaton

Premium
^i think those sections are great too.

instead of..."Dante, your new mission is..." it adds a 'realistic' flair or at least a sense of time and ancient-ness....o_O

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
These things rule no matter what game I encounter them into. It not only gives you the feeling that someone ancient/powerful/cool was here, or that an ancient civilization was here before you, but some times sounds creepy too:lol:

w33l33

meh...
yeah but after writing an essay on the themes of jealousy and deception in othello you dont really wanna be writing/seeing anymore shakespearean english... i hate english literature

i must agree though under normal circumstances it is awesome

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I think the old language at the start of missions was awesome, and creepy as Tony said.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
WTF: Othello was a great play. Iago was a great antagonist, Machiavellian, brutal and sadistic, he was everything a good villain should be.

Yeah it kind of conveys a willingness baroque suspension of disbelief. I think that's a good way to phrase it at least. (Yes I do take English literature and enjoy it)

w33l33

meh...
yeah i enjoyed the play but i mean why go to such lengths just for some extra cash an new job title? i mean i know he is an uber vilian but surely he's got a brain!

you seen the film with keneth branagh and lawrence fishbourne?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Not just that, Iago was a complete misanthrope, an unashamed hater of humanity. That he would go to such means to merely get a better job seems a bit absurd to me. He wanted to see Othello in pain, Cassio's promotion was a a factor contributing to his descent into madness but it wasn't the only thing Iago had in mind. Remeber he won the lieutenancy after Cassio was dismissed yet continued to scheme against Othello.

w33l33

meh...
indeed he is one of those sick people who thrive off of others misery the kind of person i would like to kick really hard in the nuts...

and even after he took Cassio's postion he still set up Cassio's death!

w33l33

meh...
yeah "your next mission is..." sounds so ordinary and boring exactly what we woudnt expect from capcom

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
w33l33;83326 said:
indeed he is one of those sick people who thrive off of others misery the kind of person i would like to kick really hard in the nuts...

and even after he took Cassio's postion he still set up Cassio's death!

Cassio survived and was governer of Cyprus at the end. I agree with your attitude towards Iago though.

I also agree that it sounds infintely better than "your next mission is...".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom