• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Why are we all shipping Kat with Vergil? Kante! OTP!

She's over him now, she clearly likes Dante.

Also, If we get a sequel, does any one else feels she will get the Gwen Stacey treatment and get killed-off so that Trish/Lady/Lucia can take their role as romantic interest? )=

Dante and Kat were explicitly stated to not be a couple. Kat isn't a love interest.

And why are we talking about this? This artbook is talking about the classic Vergil being DMC4 Nero's father, not DmC's incarnation of Vergil and a non-existent character.

Remember - DmC is it's own canonical universe, it has nothing to do with the classic canon other than certain themes and elements.

And according to the horribly-paced Vergil comics, Kat and Vergil did fall in love briefly, but Vergil wiped her memory for their protection.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Do you think Kat may be the Key to get Vergil on the good track again? Maybe our main Villain is Arkham or Argosax(sp?)

Blazer-X

For what it's worth, the timeline and amount of time spanned in-between the games has never particularly been one of DMC's strengths. Taking the director's words for the timeline for a series that more or less gets retconed with each new game is not the most reliable way to go.

Like some others, I tend to just settle for the idea that Dante and Vergil are actually much older than their apparent age in DMC3.

And why are we so sure Nero is only quarter demon? Playing devil's advocate here, but he has more demonic qualities than either twins with his completely demonic arm. Who knows? Maybe Vergil did the deed with a demon because he thought it'd give him MOAR POWER. Maybe Nero is actually 3/4 demon.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Maybe the older they get, the slower they age...?

That'd explain why Dante is such a childish sh!t for most of his life - he's literally a kid in a grown man's body :p

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Dante and Kat were explicitly stated to not be a couple. Kat isn't a love interest.

And why are we talking about this? This artbook is talking about the classic Vergil being DMC4 Nero's father, not DmC's incarnation of Vergil and a non-existent character.

Remember - DmC is it's own canonical universe, it has nothing to do with the classic canon other than certain themes and elements.

And according to the horribly-paced Vergil comics, Kat and Vergil did fall in love briefly, but Vergil wiped her memory for their protection.
I know, but i think they'll re-introduce characters at some point

D H

Maybe the older they get, the slower they age...?

That'd explain why Dante is such a childish sh!t for most of his life - he's literally a kid in a grown man's body :p

Got that backwards. By that logic, Dante could be 250 while looking to be around 30. If you had said "The older they get the faster they age", then Dante could be 14 while looking to be about 30.

Jane Sweetbee

:lol: And he will be my squishy.

Obviously you did not read the comic. All your questions can be addressed in it.
Vergil becomes less and less humane is because he overused DT to save Kat previously. And, Kat knew it.
All the erratic behaviors of Vergil can be explained in the events took place in the comic. He was a responsible person when he first met Kat.

And, i guess Kat recovered her memory in the game for some reasons, but Vergil unfortunately did not. That's why she was so obedient to him even when his order threatened her life because she knows what has happened to Vergil. Still, they need to achieve their goals at any cost.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Obviously you did not read the comic. All your questions can be addressed in it.
Vergil becomes less and less humane is because he overused DT to save Kat previously. And, Kat knew it.
All the erratic behaviors of Vergil can be explained in the events took place in the comic. He was a responsible person when he first met Kat.

And, i guess Kat recovered her memory in the game for some reasons, but Vergil unfortunately did not. That's why she was so obedient to him even when his order threatened her life because she knows what has happened to Vergil. Still, they need to achieve their goals at any cost.
I did read it. I bought it from France as soon as it came out. It's up to opinion whether he was responsible. He still used Kat because he needed her for springing Dante out of prison.He's always been a user of people for his own goals. There had to be something in him in the first place that made him want to take control of the humans, that made him seek out Kat because she was useful to him and then made him erase the feelings. He did it to protect himself, not Kat. From an early age, Vergil learned that feelings were a weakness. His parents fell in love and died for it, so in his warped mind, he'd think that if he fell in love that it would get in the way of his goal and get him killed.

Yes, he kissed her, but when you're in that kind of life or death situation, feelings happen quickly and aren't necessarily going to stay the same once the two are in a more stable and safe situation. They used each other. Vergil used Kat for her abilities, and she used him to rid her of the nightmares and the demons. Those sort of relationships don't last a long time.

She remembers that he saved her, so she stayed with him during the raid as a debt of gratitude for what he did for her: killing the demon, taking her from the streets and teaching her to hone her abilities. It was not out of love, but out of duty that Kat stayed and got captured.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Got that backwards. By that logic, Dante could be 250 while looking to be around 30. If you had said "The older they get the faster they age", then Dante could be 14 while looking to be about 30.

Oh wait...yeah...bluuuh.

Jane Sweetbee

I did read it. I bought it from France as soon as it came out. It's up to opinion whether he was responsible. He still used Kat because he needed her for springing Dante out of prison. [So what's wrong with it? He is looking for his brother] He's always been a user of people for his own goals.[everyone uses others for personal goals. Isn't it?] There had to be something in him in the first place that made him want to take control of the humans, that made him seek out Kat because she was useful to him and then made him erase the feelings. [it is clearly stated by Vergil the reason of erasing the memory. It is not because it is weakness. it is because he cannot let his darkness overwhelm his feeling towards Kat. this is something he is really afraid of] He did it to protect himself, not Kat. [No. He stopped Onyx and asked Kat to take the chance to escape.] From an early age, Vergil learned that feelings were a weakness. His parents fell in love and died for it, so in his warped mind, he'd think that if he fell in love that it would get in the way of his goal and get him killed [He erases the memory in order for not feeling the pain when his humanity (and his feeling towards Kat) is overwhelmed by his darkness. That's Sparda did to the twins. Erasing their memories in order for them to forget about the pain!].

Yes, he kissed her, but when you're in that kind of life or death situation, feelings happen quickly and aren't necessarily going to stay the same once the two are in a more stable and safe situation. They used each other. Vergil used Kat for her abilities, and she used him to rid her of the nightmares and the demons. [No. When the comic ends, it is Kat, NOT Vergil, begging to stay with him. She knows he is a lonely person and always does thing on his own. She decided to help him and asked him not to cast her aside.] Those sort of relationships don't last a long time.[probably you did not understand the comic]

She remembers that he saved her, so she stayed with him during the raid as a debt of gratitude for what he did for her: killing the demon, taking her from the streets and teaching her to hone her abilities.[more than that, she knows she in part is responsible for Vergil's inhumanity] It was not out of love, but out of duty that Kat stayed and got captured. [at the end of the comic, Vergil is only one step from becoming a full demon because of over-DT]

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What's wrong is that this is Vergil we're on about. He used Dante to do all the work for him, killing the succubus, Bob...so that Vergil could stay hidden in the shadows. Then as soon as Dante disagrees with Vergil, he casts him aside and wants to fight him. I don't think he wanted to find Dante out of brotherly love, but because as a Nephilim, Dante was the only other worthy being to rule humanity with.

Yes, Vergil says that, but Vergil could be lying. He's, to put it mildly, not a nice guy. Yes it could be the demonic infulence, but how do we know what is truly going on in his head? Vergil's downfall shows that it is a very messed up place.

He told Kat to escape because what use would she be to him if she was dead? He still needed her for the missions shown in the game.

Even so, she had nowhere to go. Vergil actually says when he recruits her 'But I do still need you. You're a psychic, Kat. Your powers...They'd be very useful to me-- And my cause.' He was using her from the beginning. That's what he says to her.

And she refuses him. On top of that, Vergil was already warped in the comic. His demon side had already got some infleunce over him. He introduces himself as the son of a demon, so who's to say he wasn't letting his demon side influence his actions then?

The he puts Kat in a position where she has to join him, he says 'In the end it doesn't matter what you think. In a few seconds, the demons will catch me on cameras and decide you really are my accomplice'. He forces her hand into joining him. He needs to use her and forces her to join. Then he puts her in another situation where she has no choice but to be taken to Hellfire prison because of his actions.

As for loving Kat, he says in reference to Sparda 'love got the better of him' and that he is the son of 'a traitor and a whore'. I'd say that does indicate that Vergil doesn't have much humanity even then. It seems like everything in that comic is Vergil manipulating Kat.
Just because he acts like he needs no one doesn't mean that he's not tricking Kat. He's tricked her before, so how is the kiss and his sudden confession any different? He's a liar and a manipulator.

I'd say he already was more demonic than he let on by the end.

vergilthedemonking

Hmm interesting that vergil is nero's father. I think kat is his mother because they fell in love in the comics and maybe she was alreay pregnant during the game, who knows lol. But even after vergil went bad in the end abandoned kat, she still plead for his life when dante was about to take it. She really does care for him and it would be cool to see it in the sequel. But please no game with nero as main character. Just put him in the story and thats it. DmC 2 should be about vergil as the new demon king, he has taken the role as king of the demons and he seeks sparda's sword, force edge to gain absolute power. Dante having started business hears about the ravage some demons have causes and wants to find out who's responsible. Show sparda, eva, a bit of trish and nero in the game and make the final boss vergil again with both dante and vergil in their ultimate form for the ultimate battle ever about to proceed in the history of gaming. Make it like cloud versus sephiroth muhaha

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
THERE IS NO NERO IN DmC, NOR IS VERGIL HIS FATHER

THIS IS ABOUT THE CLASSIC VERGIL AND THE NERO FROM DMC4

ADMITTEDLY THIS IS REALLY IN THE WRONG SECTION SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE KEEP THINKING THIS IS ABOUT DmC BUT IT'S NOT

Jane Sweetbee

What's wrong is that this is Vergil we're on about. He used Dante to do all the work for him, killing the succubus, Bob...so that Vergil could stay hidden in the shadows. Then as soon as Dante disagrees with Vergil, he casts him aside and wants to fight him. I don't think he wanted to find Dante out of brotherly love, but because as a Nephilim, Dante was the only other worthy being to rule humanity with. [Without Vergil dispatching Kat to assist Dante, he is probably dead in the first fight with hunter.]

Yes, Vergil says that, but Vergil could be lying. He's, to put it mildly, not a nice guy. Yes it could be the demonic infulence, but how do we know what is truly going on in his head? Vergil's downfall shows that it is a very messed up place. [don't blame on him, he lost too much humanity in the comic because of using DT to save Kat]

He told Kat to escape because what use would she be to him if she was dead? He still needed her for the missions shown in the game. [at that time he was facing onyx, a demon he knows he is not capable to defeat. he was risking his life in order to protect Kat.]

Even so, she had nowhere to go. Vergil actually says when he recruits her 'But I do still need you. You're a psychic, Kat. Your powers...They'd be very useful to me-- And my cause.' He was using her from the beginning. That's what he says to her. [at the end, it is obviously he did not want to risk her life anymore. but this time, it is Kat who begged to stay with him.]

And she refuses him. On top of that, Vergil was already warped in the comic. His demon side had already got some infleunce over him. He introduces himself as the son of a demon, so who's to say he wasn't letting his demon side influence his actions then? [he introduced himself as a son of a demon and an angel. did you read the comic????]

The he puts Kat in a position where she has to join him, he says 'In the end it doesn't matter what you think. In a few seconds, the demons will catch me on cameras and decide you really are my accomplice'. He forces her hand into joining him. He needs to use her and forces her to join. Then he puts her in another situation where she has no choice but to be taken to Hellfire prison because of his actions. [She will be dragged into limbo whenever, it does not depend on Vergil's intention]

As for loving Kat, he says in reference to Sparda 'love got the better of him' and that he is the son of 'a traitor and a whore'. I'd say that does indicate that Vergil doesn't have much humanity even then. It seems like everything in that comic is Vergil manipulating Kat. [sorry, i don't agree at all]
Just because he acts like he needs no one doesn't mean that he's not tricking Kat. He's tricked her before, so how is the kiss and his sudden confession any different? He's a liar and a manipulator. [trick when? he didn't trick Kat at all.He was straightforward right from the very beginning. When Kat's brain was occupied by demons, Vergil was truly ****ed off and was forced to use DT to protect her.]

I'd say he already was more demonic than he let on by the end.

IncarnatedDemon

I've long time ago given up on the story of DMC. It's dead.
Time for all DMC fans to move on :)

I hope for BayoXDante game, not for a big plot but for the fun of it. Though if i was in charge i'd ensure that the plot would be decent and at same time create hillarious scenes of Bayo and Dante.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Maybe Dante would have been dead, maybe not, but it still stands that Vergil was using Kat as a tool to recruit Dante. And he only wanted Dante as a fellow Nephilim to rule by his side.

But he had to save Kat because she was useful to him. And the only reason he fought the Onyx was because Kat had an accident and drew him in too early, so he had no choice. He had to fight the Onyx or die. He was as much saving himself as her. Even Kat says 'youd've know all along that I'd have to leave my body...that I'd die here...' He used her in his plan to get Dante with the knowledge that Kat would probably die in the mission. And he admits to that begrudgingly. The only way for him to live was to use the triggger.

At the end, yes she asked to stay with him, but I just don't know if this was one big lie to get her attached to him so that he could use her further. He'd already used the trigger once in the comic, so who's to say that it hadn't warped his mind? I just don't trust Vergil, not after the comic, the game or the DLC. Besides, Kat kissed him. I'd say he calulated it so that she would have feeling for him and want to stay.

When he takes his mask off he says 'My name is Vergil. I'm the son of a demon.' That's what he says in the comic, word for word. He doesn't mention Eva or angels. When he does mention her, he says she is a 'whore' and that is later on.

But she was dragged into limbo because of Vergil's plan. He needed her in there because of getting into Hellfire. He made the whole plan so that would happen. He knew the guards would come for her, he knew she would be taken there. He manipulated her.

He says just before her brain is taken over 'we're a team, I need your powers' not that he cares about her. He needs her abilities and she has already proven how useful she is to him. He's only mad because he thought his tool was going to be damaged and of no further use to him, and he uses the trigger because it's those powerful Onyx again. That's the only way he can fight them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Am I the only one who is exited for this book and not the crap about DMC vs DmC or Nero this or that?

I want this f%^in' book NOW. The damn thing is the first time I've seen some of that concept art from DMC2 and that is a first.

EDIT: Next time you can't see the images the thing you can do is copy the image's URL and view it through the browser. If you don't know how to do that you right click the image and you select properties and it will give you the URL or if you got Chrome then right click and select copy image URL.

For those who want DmC related content:
http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/cmDispRc.../1/1/A10004141/10/10/cmDispRcmndProductDisp/1

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Proof that DMC4 is bad at its story and didn't know what they were doing!
victory-is-mine.gif

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I want this f%^in' book NOW. The damn thing is the first time I've seen some of that concept art from DMC2 and that is a first.

Same here, I'm DYING to some concept arts of the Majin Form. Do you know whether or not they ship worldwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom