• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane Sweetbee

It's not about DmC Vergil, this is DMC3 Vergil. I was just going by what was said about the book.
Plus, I know Vergil in DmC has gone pretty low, but I don't think he'd rape a woman.
DmC Vergil and DMC3 Vergil are the same person. The same relationship holds for them.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DmC Vergil and DMC3 Vergil are the same person. The same relationship holds for them.
DmC Vergil shares traits with DMC3 Vergil, like alust for power, but they are not the same. Plus Nero has not been introduced in DmC's story yet. I really hope he doesn't come into existence as a result of Vergil raping a woman. I just can't see him doing that. Heck, even Mundus didn't do the raping thing to have his heir.

Jane Sweetbee

DmC Vergil shares traits with DMC3 Vergil, like alust for power, but they are not the same. Plus Nero has not been introduced in DmC's story yet. I really hope he doesn't come into existence as a result of Vergil raping a woman. I just can't see him doing that. Heck, even Mundus didn't do the raping thing to have his heir.

It is hinted in DmC. He killed Mundus' child. It is highly possible someone will get his child. May Kat abandoned Nero in order to protect him.

D H

What if Dante and vergil dont age?

Most people already assume that at a certain point Dante, Vergil, and Nero would stop physically aging for the most part. I mean it would make sense seeing as how their bodies, while they look human, have drastically different functionality including but not limited to: Rapid regeneration, inhuman strength, inhuman stamina, the ability to stay fully conscious despite major damage being done to the brain and other vital organs, extreme durability (nothing like taking 200 tons of brute strength to the face to wake you up in the morning), supernatural senses, the ability to channel magic through their bodies, and the ability (for at least Dante and Vergil... although concept art of Nero's Devil Trigger exist and apparently it was going to be used at a later date) to create a dimensional rift to access their Devil Forms which drastically change their bodies.

But no, according to Bingo: "Dante may be half-demon... but his cells are human". Okay, sure. The rapidly regenerating and demonically enhanced cells in Dante's body are "Completely human". I mean, I just took 2 bullets to the head an hour ago and I just made a joke about it and walked off!

It's reasons like this that many refuse to hold even stomach the mere notion that the the novella is canon. 8 or 12 year old daddy Vergil; Demon but not really demon Dante; Nero opening up his own branch of Devil May Cry in Fortuna; Lady and her "She only screws Dante over so damn much because she needs the money more than he does... she's totally not mean for doing this." explanation... the list goes on.

Thinking of the Novella reminds me of why I would never want a Devil May Cry 5 story under the direction of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 writing team.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Okay, had my wife translate; the exact translation is "Nero is CHILD of Vergil". This has multiple implications and interpretations. Nero could be some kind of CLONE, Spiritual split off ala Kid from Chrono Cross, or a created SPAWN of Vergil. Timelines nor character fit the idea of Vergil impregnating a woman when he was 9(or even 12), so this is either something other than traditional version of "child", early concept ideas that were dropped for good reason, or someone was just plain stupid and obsessed with making Nero Vergil's offspring(Aka, Morihashi Bingo). Because it doesn't work. plus a QUARTER Breed should not be more powerful than a half-breed.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It is hinted in DmC. He killed Mundus' child. It is highly possible someone will get his child. May Kat abandoned Nero in order to protect him.
But it hasn't been shown yet that Vergil even slept with Kat, let alone had a child with her. He was more focused on his goals, even erased his feelings so that he could do his work.

I don't see Kat welcoming Vergil back after the fight in DmC either. He didn't want to save her from Mundus, nearly got her killed in the trade and then said that she didn't help them save the world. She seems to be more attached to Dante now.

Why would this DmC Vergil have a child with Kat when he thinks that humans are weak, useless and like children themselves? If Vergil wanted an heir, he'd probably have it with a demon female as he now relates more to his demon side.

Thinking of the Novella reminds me of why I would never want a Devil May Cry 5 story under the direction of the Devil May Cry 3 and 4 writing team.
I wouldn't mind that so long as they wrote it in a way that made sense. But they do their story too inconsistently and left too many plot holes. Which is why this confusion is happening now.

D H

plus a QUARTER Breed should not be more powerful than a half-breed.

Nor should Quarter have more demonic qualities than a Half. Nero's right arm is literally called "The Devil Bringer" and is fully demonic; that spectral being behind Nero, according to the Novella, is his soul... meaning his soul resembles a full demon than human; and apparently he would have gotten a Full Devil Trigger sooner or later.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Goddamit, all those trolls telling me Vergil is a cool character IN THE GAMES, because BOOKS tell his story are going to have field day with this one )=

Just like people defending movies beceause "It's explained in the book" )=

also, despite being a MASSIVE PLOTHOLE, i'm kinda glad it's officially canon

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
But it hasn't been shown yet that Vergil even slept with Kat, let alone had a child with her. He was more focused on his goals, even erased his feelings so that he could do his work.

I don't see Kat welcoming Vergil back after the fight in DmC either. He didn't want to save her from Mundus, nearly got her killed in the trade and then said that she didn't help them save the world. She seems to be more attached to Dante now.

Why would this DmC Vergil have a child with Kat when he thinks that humans are weak, useless and like children themselves? If Vergil wanted an heir, he'd probably have it with a demon female as he now relates more to his demon side.

I wouldn't mind that so long as they wrote it in a way that made sense. But they do their story too inconsistently and left too many plot holes. Which is why this confusion is happening now.

It would depend how a sequel would go, if the story somehow shaped it that he did care for Kat or that she forgave him enough to look out for him, then maybe. But with how Vergil's Downfall ended I really don't know. But if you wanted to pick someone willing enough to have his kid, best bet would be Kat since it's hints through the game she does have feelings for him. I think that's why Kat begged Dante not to kill him.

That or she was already pregnant when she got shot and tortured, in which case, Vergil you're a terrible father! :lol:

Fran0823

Or maybe Nero is Vergil's son AFTER downfall, we know now that DmC's female demons are pretty slutty

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It would depend how a sequel would go, if the story somehow shaped it that he did care for Kat or that she forgave him enough to look out for him, then maybe. But with how Vergil's Downfall ended I really don't know. But if you wanted to pick someone willing enough to have his kid, best bet would be Kat since it's hints through the game she does have feelings for him. I think that's why Kat begged Dante not to kill him.

That or she was already pregnant when she got shot and tortured, in which case, Vergil you're a terrible father! :lol:
Considering how badly they wanted to show Mundus and Lilith going at it in the game, if Kat was pregnant, they probably would have shown those two doing it too.>_< One weird sex scene is enough for me....besides, Vergil was too into his work to be putting the moves on Kat.
But it would have put an interesting spin on the trade, and made Vergil seem like even more of a monster for not caring about Kat and his child.

With how the downfall ended, he seems too far gone to care for Kat now.

Plus why would Kat want Vergil's kid after what happened to Lilith. That thing was beating her up from the inside and then crawled out of her head. :blink:

Fran0823

Why are we all shipping Kat with Vergil? Kante! OTP!

She's over him now, she clearly likes Dante.

Also, If we get a sequel, does any one else feels she will get the Gwen Stacey treatment and get killed-off so that Trish/Lady/Lucia can take their role as romantic interest? )=

Jane Sweetbee

Why are we all shipping Kat with Vergil? Kante! OTP!

She's over him now, she clearly likes Dante.

Also, If we get a sequel, does any one else feels she will get the Gwen Stacey treatment and get killed-off so that Trish/Lady/Lucia can take their role as romantic interest? )=
I don't think so. She begs his life at the last moment. She still has strong feelings on him.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I don't think so. She begs his life at the last moment. She still has strong feelings on him.
I think she would have begged for Dante's life too if Vergil was the one doing the stabbing. She cares for both of them, and faced with either one of them being hurt badly, she would want to save them.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Considering how badly they wanted to show Mundus and Lilith going at it in the game, if Kat was pregnant, they probably would have shown those two doing it too.>_< One weird sex scene is enough for me....besides, Vergil was too into his work to be putting the moves on Kat.
But it would have put an interesting spin on the trade, and made Vergil seem like even more of a monster for not caring about Kat and his child.

With how the downfall ended, he seems too far gone to care for Kat now.

Plus why would Kat want Vergil's kid after what happened to Lilith. That thing was beating her up from the inside and then crawled out of her head. :blink:

Well there was some deleted dialogue of someone saying 'I love you too' I don't know if that was an exchange between Mundus and Lilith or Vergil and Kat. And no no, I mean what if Vergil didn't know she was pregnant at the time or even Kat herself. Wouldn't that be one hell of plot twist in a sequel if Dante spilled the news on him all 'but the kid ain't mine!'. You'd be getting a DLC afterwards called Vergil's Wake Up Call.

Well I don't know, Kat could. It might be she would be unable to terminate it because she couldn't bring herself to and that'd be that. But I don't think it would be a Lilith birth where it crawls out of her head, hell no XD. Kat's a human and Vergil's a Nephilim, so it'd be different from a pregnancy of plastic skin demon carrying the child of a demon king.

Would be kind of crazy though if the reason why Nero had that demonic arm was because of how Kat got beaten up. Kind of like how in Finding Nemo the egg got damaged and Nemo winded up having a little fin.

...Omg, i'm imaging Nero's face on a clown fish now! :lol:

Jane Sweetbee

I think she would have begged for Dante's life too if Vergil was the one doing the stabbing. She cares for both of them, and faced with either one of them being hurt badly, she would want to save them.
Have you paid attention to the conversation between Kat and Dante? every time Dante tried to get Kat talking about herself, she soon started to talk about how Vergil saved her. Vergil is very important to Kat. Plus, they did have feeling to each other in the comic prequel. Vergil did not retrieve his memory with Kat in dlc,which leaves a plot that they may one day realize they loved each other. Vergil risked his life to save Kat (He erased the memory). Dante never did the same to Kat.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well there was some deleted dialogue of someone saying 'I love you too' I don't know if that was an exchange between Mundus and Lilith or Vergil and Kat.That was between Vergil and Kat when she's talking to him on the phone. And no no, I mean what if Vergil didn't know she was pregnant at the time or even Kat herself.I get what you mean now. That would be a plot twist:p Wouldn't that be one hell of plot twist in a sequel if Dante spilled the news on him all 'but the kid ain't mine!'. You'd be getting a DLC afterwards called Vergil's Wake Up Call.

:troll: More like, Vergil's paternity suit and child maintenance money court battle.

Vergil: Kat, I've returned after all these years and I realise that I love you.
Kat: That's great. By the way, you have a son and you owe me money. Child support services have been trying to track you down for ages.
Vergil:....Oh shi.....

Well I don't know, Kat could. It might be she would be unable to terminate it because she couldn't bring herself to and that'd be that. But I don't think it would be a Lilith birth where it crawls out of her head, hell no XD. Kat's a human and Vergil's a Nephilim, so it'd be different from a pregnancy of plastic skin demon carrying the child of a demon king.I hope it would be different because that was just plain freaky. I wouldn't want that to happen with Kat. Lilith....she deserved it:troll:

Would be kind of crazy though if the reason why Nero had that demonic arm was because of how Kat got beaten up. Kind of like how in Finding Nemo the egg got damaged and Nemo winded up having a little fin.You mean because demons beat her up, Nero got the arm? Something like that?

...Omg, i'm imaging Nero's face on a clown fish now! :lol:
:lol: And he will be my squishy.

Have you paid attention to the conversation between Kat and Dante? every time Dante tried to get Kat talking about herself, she soon started to talk about how Vergil saved her. Vergil is very important to Kat. She's grateful to him for saving her, and he was tied deeply to her resolving her nightmares, so how could she not talk about him. We don;t know much else about Kat for her to talk about. Plus, they did have feeling to each other in the comic prequel. Vergil did not retrieve his memory with Kat in dlc,which leaves a plot that they may one day realize they loved each other. Vergil risked his life to save Kat (He erased the memory). I don't think his intentions were that pure. Vergil did it to stop his feelings from getting in the way of using her for his plans. He refuses to save her when she's with Mundus, he lets her be caputred and beaten by SWAT because he wanted to rescue his data files more than her.Dante never did the same to Kat.Dante is the one who convinces Vergil to use Lilith as bait to rescue Kat. If Vergil had got his way, Lilith would have just been used to bait Mundus out of the tower. It is Dante who goes to the club to get Lilith for the trade, it is Dante who tells Vergil to save Kat. And then Vergil risks Kat's life by shooting Lilith before Kat is even out of the way of SWAT guns. Again, Dante is the one dodging bullets to pick Kat up in that scene and make sure she is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom