• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Hhe also uses variations of DANTE'S taunts while in DT as well.

He wears red blue and purple, is designed to be a mix of both the twins combined, has a story arc that greatly resembles sparda, its given imagry cues intended to invoke Sparda's image, and even directly says " I know that Sparda had a heart" like he KNOWS.

Look beyond just the Vergil cues and see there are Dante cues AND Sparda cues.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hhe also uses variations of DANTE'S taunts while in DT as well.

He wears red blue and purple, is designed to be a mix of both the twins combined, has a story arc that greatly resembles sparda, its given imagry cues intended to invoke Sparda's image, and even directly says " I know that Sparda had a heart" like he KNOWS.

Look beyond just the Vergil cues and see there are Dante cues AND Sparda cues.

I only look at the obvious ones not the obscure ones now you're telling me about clothe colors ?anyone can wear whatever they want and besides i'm looking the obvious fact that Nero's DT resembles Nelo Angelo

and i don't see him using Dante's taunts he mostly says what vergil said in DMC 3

BE GONE ! Blaaaaaaast ! these are one of the frequent quotes said by Vergil in Gameplay

and when his DT is over the "Demonic spirit" Sheaths its sword JUST LIKE VERGIL... OBVIOUS HINT

LOL he only said that because he heard the story of sparda... he said that he was a demon who still loved a human and that is what you lack ! that doesn't imply anything

berto

I Saw the Devil
Has anyone actually gotten the book yet? Any confirmatin that this is true or simply a missunderstanding?

I'm broke so my copy won't arrive for several weeks ao while I would love to provide pictures for translation I just ain't got it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
It's a vague statement, my wife looked at it, and translated "Nero is child to Vergil". Not "son" nor is "father" or "parent" used, the specifc kanji is "child". That can right now mean ANYTHING in terms of early ideas, since the director blew it to the ground dead with official timeline of ten years between 3 and 4, and Nero is in ending end teens while Dante(and also vergil" are end twenties by DMC4.

I'll be ordering mine in a couple weeks, so, I should have some more once me and Kat get our hands on it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's a vague statement, my wife looked at it, and translated "Nero is child to Vergil". Not "son" nor is "father" or "parent" used, the specifc kanji is "child". That can right now mean ANYTHING in terms of early ideas, since the director blew it to the ground dead with official timeline of ten years between 3 and 4, and Nero is in ending end teens while Dante(and also vergil" are end twenties by DMC4.

I'll be ordering mine in a couple weeks, so, I should have some more once me and Kat get our hands on it.
I guess mine will be coming in first then. Well, I don't have a scanner but I can take pictures.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I have a scanner so once we get ours, alone with eth DmC: Art book since me and the wife actually like teh design and the game, we'll make some select scans

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont give a **** about the timeline as it feels a last minute attempt at damage control and makes me feel sorry for Nero as his creators didnt give a **** as they just half-assed his intro.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
@Dante Redgrave

Last time I checked...Nero can't go a full body DT (or transform into a demon) like Dante or Vergil, who are half demons. I mean when he gets Yamato, a Devil Arm, instead the soul of the sword comes out instead. (Some can say that ITS Vergil's soul or the soul of Yamato considering that Devil Arms are really the souls of powerful demons manifested in a physical weapon form. Then does Rebellion and Yamato have a soul to them and so were Dante's and Vergil's respective weapons demons at one point or specially made for them?).

Anyway, I see Nero's demon arm as a result as a failed Devil Trigger for if he was more demon than Dante and Vergil he could go into a full DT state like Lucia (who is a full demon) can easily do without Devil Arms (unless those blades are Devil Arms but I doubt it)...because as hinted in gameplay mechanics...the more demon you are (or the more demonic you become) the easier it is to go Devil Trigger without a Devil Arm.

Plus look at Lucia and Trish, both are full demons and aren't spouting demon growth defects. Plus Nero's arm started changing after he received an injury from a demon attack or a demon related incident so its not like his arm became that funky out of the blue. Its unknown why he has that arm and mixed with all the unclear and implied factors of DMC4's story...anything is possible.

Plus when was it said that Nero was turning into a demon....Nero who doesn't know what is going on just says "Yup I have a demonic arm.....I must be turning into a demon....I don't know why but I'm probably turning into a demon...no clarification just assumption" or was it Agnus who is just as confused as we are who assumes Nero is a demon and not only that said he was a demon to make Kyrie scared of him. Plus I mean Lady in DMC3 constantly refers to Dante as a "demon" because he took multiple bullets to the head and never refer to him as a "half-demon". Its like calling someone who is half black...black...he is not black...he is half it. But that is not that just it, Berial who is a demon refers to Nero as a human and even after seeing Nero's demonic arm and getting his ass kicked by it didn't even reconsider that "Oh this kid is a demon." If anything he refers to him as an unique human.

I have more to say but wanna see yours and others reaction.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
@Dante Redgrave

Last time I checked...Nero can't go a full body DT (or transform into a demon) like Dante or Vergil, who are half demons. I mean when he gets Yamato, a Devil Arm, instead the soul of the sword comes out instead. (Some can say that ITS Vergil's soul or the soul of Yamato considering that Devil Arms are really the souls of powerful demons manifested in a physical weapon form. Then does Rebellion and Yamato have a soul to them and so were Dante's and Vergil's respective weapons demons at one point or specially made for them?).

Anyway, I see Nero's demon arm as a result as a failed Devil Trigger for if he was more demon than Dante and Vergil he could go into a full DT state like Lucia (who is a full demon) can easily do without Devil Arms (unless those blades are Devil Arms but I doubt it)...because as hinted in gameplay mechanics...the more demon you are (or the more demonic you become) the easier it is to go Devil Trigger without a Devil Arm.

Plus look at Lucia and Trish, both are full demons and aren't spouting demon growth defects. Plus Nero's arm started changing after he received an injury from a demon attack or a demon related incident so its not like his arm became that funky out of the blue. Its unknown why he has that arm and mixed with all the unclear and implied factors of DMC4's story...anything is possible.

Plus when was it said that Nero was turning into a demon....Nero who doesn't know what is going on just says "Yup I have a demonic arm.....I must be turning into a demon....I don't know why but I'm probably turning into a demon...no clarification just assumption" or was it Agnus who is just as confused as we are who assumes Nero is a demon and not only that said he was a demon to make Kyrie scared of him. Plus I mean Lady in DMC3 constantly refers to Dante as a "demon" because he took multiple bullets to the head and never refer to him as a "half-demon". Its like calling someone who is half black...black...he is not black...he is half it. But that is not that just it, Berial who is a demon refers to Nero as a human and even after seeing Nero's demonic arm and getting his ass kicked by it didn't even reconsider that "Oh this kid is a demon." If anything he refers to him as an unique human.

I have more to say but wanna see yours and others reaction.
Well Berial did say Nero reminded him of a certain someone. (Which is most obviously Sparda seeing how he never met Dante or Vergil) Plus Trish and Lucia are artificial demons ,with Lucia being a "defect" because she feels human emotions, I wish we knew what kind of demon attacked Nero Dx

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well Berial did say Nero reminded him of a certain someone. (Which is most obviously Sparda seeing how he never met Dante or Vergil) Plus Trish and Lucia are artificial demons ,with Lucia being a "defect" because she feels human emotions, I wish we knew what kind of demon attacked Nero Dx

I think it was officially (or unofficially) stated somewhere it was a Blade demon....makes sense since Nero was in Mitis Forest when he was attacked at the time and in the game they're commonly found there.

However, whatever happened that day is crucial to how he got that arm as he stated when he resurrected Yamato and activated DT for the FIRST time he started talking about "THAT DAY" when his arm changed and before that when he was out cold by Agnus's sword he started to remember a time when Kyrie was attacked and he even mentions that a voice echoes in his head saying something Vergil would say...IF anything its Vergil's key line "I want more power" its like if Nero heard "This party is getting crazy. Lets rock" instead...............Dante.

Now this doesn't support the Nero is Vergil's son theory but what if in someway Nero made contact with Vergil (his soul, fragments, or maybe a demon possessed by Vergil's remaining soul) and during that accident Vergil was talking to him and something caused his arm to change.

Just assumption. I mean with the fact the Order has/found Yamato and the fact that the Angelos were made from fragments of Nelo Angelo, Vergil/Nelo Angelo has some strong story connections to Fortuna for some reason.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I think it was officially (or unofficially) stated somewhere it was a Blade demon....makes sense since Nero was in Mitis Forest when he was attacked at the time and in the game they're commonly found there.

However, whatever happened that day is crucial to how he got that arm as he stated when he resurrected Yamato and activated DT for the FIRST time he started talking about "THAT DAY" when his arm changed and before that when he was out cold by Agnus's sword he started to remember a time when Kyrie was attacked and he even mentions that a voice echoes in his head saying something Vergil would say...IF anything its Vergil's key line "I want more power" its like if Nero heard "This party is getting crazy. Lets rock" instead...............Dante.

Now this doesn't support the Nero is Vergil's son theory but what if in someway Nero made contact with Vergil (his soul, fragments, or maybe a demon possessed by Vergil's remaining soul) and during that accident Vergil was talking to him and something caused his arm to change.

Just assumption. I mean with the fact the Order has/found Yamato and the fact that the Angelos were made from fragments of Nelo Angelo, Vergil/Nelo Angelo has some strong story connections to Fortuna for some reason.
eeeeeegh the more you think about nero's origins the more confusing it gets i mean Nero is one big mind f**k to me, but on a different not i wouldn't mind seeing Nero as the main protagonist in another game along with Lucia as his sidekick like Dante and Trish's relationship at the end of DMC1 , and i have no idea why i would bring that up

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
eeeeeegh the more you think about nero's origins the more confusing it gets i mean Nero is one big mind f**k to me, but on a different not i wouldn't mind seeing Nero as the main protagonist in another game along with Lucia as his sidekick like Dante and Trish's relationship at the end of DMC1 , and i have no idea why i would bring that up

Know what I think?

I think Nero's origins were meant to confusing or a mystery as another allusion to Sparda. I mean Nero has been compared to Sparda in terms of character & concept more than his own sons were. I mean Sparda too is wrapped up in mystery himself....although compared to the player/viewer its not as confusing as Nero but to the story and characters its one big ass mystery just like Nero who (and everybody else) is unknown of his exact origins and Dante (like the viewers) can only assume he has some kind of connection to his bloodline.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Know what I think?

I think Nero's origins were meant to confusing or a mystery as another allusion to Sparda. I mean Nero has been compared to Sparda in terms of character & concept more than his own sons were. I mean Sparda too is wrapped up in mystery himself....although compared to the player/viewer its not as confusing as Nero but to the story and characters its one big ass mystery just like Nero who (and everybody else) is unknown of his exact origins and Dante (like the viewers) can only assume he has some kind of connection to his bloodline.
I remember an interview where one of the actors told the staff at Capcom that people were very confused as to Nero's origin but it seems that they thought it was made very clear. After hearing this, however, they thought that it was rather cool that Nero's past was unclear and decided to leave it at that.

Anyway, it seems my book won't even ship till the 4th of April even though I paid extra for express shipping. If I don't get it by next Tuesday I will ask for the money I spent of express shipping back. It said 2 to 5 days and it might take more than 3 weeks? Nay!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Personally I'm all for Nero being a genetically engineered cambion (demon human hybrid) like Lucia or a clone made from Vergil's DNA....like Snake.....then again I'll like for Nero to have an evil rival/long lost twin brother who too was made from Vergil's DNA.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm against all of those because we have enough clones or those feel too obvious/safe.

For me, i would make him the halfdemon/halfhuman son of this dude who vergil had beef with so vergil takes revenge on him by killing him and then brings Nero as a baby too Fortuna.

Its more of "rubbing the salt on your wounds" type thing where Vergil is making nero grows to be completely unaware of his heritage and his father will not be able to pass his legacy.

Vergil seems like that kind of guy:|.

Its meant to fit in with the novel but turn it on its head. The novel has Sanctus make the assumption that Nero is Vergil's kid with a local prostitute where Vergil just told him nothing and give him Nero in reality.

Why he looks like Vergil is waved away as White hair/Anime hair colors are common amongst hybrids.

I chose this option because its a meaningful echo towards the Sparda mythos and Dante/Vergil's actions while making Nero less reliant on Dante and Vergil. He's given more space to make new connections and see the world from a different perspective than the sparda family.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

This for me anyway, screams that Nero is Vergil's son. Because what the hell else does "child to Vergil" to mean?! Seeing as the DMC4 Novel (whether the fans consider it cannon or not) strongly hinted that Vergil is Nero's dad I say its true. Capcom may have changed the time line and half @ssed it but I believe the facts are before our eyes. (My post wasn't directed at you DR, I'm just using your post to show my point)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
This for me anyway, screams that Nero is Vergil's son. Because what the hell else does "child to Vergil" to mean?! Seeing as the Manga (whether the fans consider it cannon or not) strongly hinted that Vergil is Nero's dad I say its true. Capcom may have changed the time line and half @ssed it but I believe the facts are before our eyes. (My post wasn't directed at you DR, I'm just using your post to show my point)

...~reads the manga~ you mean the Manga were Vergil called Alice a painted whore and walked off like he's castrated himself? or do you mean the AU Deadly Fortune Light Novels, which blatantly contradicted the events and portions of story in the game just to reinclude things Bingo wanted in the storyline that were dropped because they didn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom