• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[OFFICIAL]incoming DMC art book reveals Vergil is Nero's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valcorn

@DR, except Bingo worked on DMC3 thus he was responsible for Vergil as we know him, so who is to say "it's against character" more like he always intended it that way. Remember, the manga was written by another person and is non-canon, Vergil as 95% of fanbase know him is Bingo's creation unless I'm mistaken. If he wanted him to be a father, then he did DMC3's plot in mind with that already.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
@DR, except Bingo worked on DMC3 thus he was responsible for Vergil as we know him, so who is to say "it's against character" more like he always intended it that way. Remember, the manga was written by another person and is non-canon, Vergil as 95% of fanbase know him is Bingo's creation unless I'm mistaken. If he wanted him to be a father, then he did DMC3's plot in mind with that already.

Clearly not since there is only a ten year gap between Nero and the twins, unless Bingo truly intended that Vergil was a father at 10. Also, Bingo was not the only writer for DMC3 and 4, so just because he wanted a certain outcome doesn't mean his was the only voice.

Timelines, in game stated(or lack of) info and director statements trumped one writer. Capcom couldn't even ball up and give an origin story to the ACTOR for Nero to explain it.

Nero has no actual origin; he is a literary void. end of story.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Someone asked Kamiya how old was Dante on DMC1.Kamiya answered " same as Cobra" ( ).
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya@PG_kamiya18 out 11
Similar in age to Cobra, I guess. RT @josemlparrado: What's the age of your Dante? It's late 20s-early 30s or hundred of years?

Space Pirate Cobra was 29 (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_(Manga) (He made a false tombstone for him( since he forged his death to get free from his pursues and murders).His tombstone had his name, his birth date and his supposed death date ( which seemed to be correct; if not it would rise suspicion.So his tomstone confirmed he was 29 years old. . Our friend Kamiya not only confirmed Dante was 28/29 in DMC1, as he confirmed Dante age like a normal human( even him being a "enhanced " one). He was not milion or thousands of years as some people believe.About Nero, well friends, it's not the first time writers make mistakes on DMC, so nothing more surprises me.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Let's not forget the Tokyopop translator made a big mess and instead of a faithful translation, the guy put Dante and the all cast saying whatever he wanted and not what it was.So manga is full of nosenses.See for yourself some of those sad examples here:
http://www.twilightvisions.com/dante/books.htm.

I've the Devils-lair. org version and it's completely different. In japanese version Dante loves tomato juice and prostitutes were warned to avoid him. In Tokyopop version he proposes a mop and his a pervert who likes to use kinky stuff on women.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I thought Nero was 16/17. So if anything Vergil had a kid at the age of 13/14.....that is if Vergil/Dante is 29/30 by DMC4.

Also...I don't buy the time gap between DMC1-anime-DMC4 statement by Kobayashi being only 1 year.

Here is why:

Lady and Dante....both seemed to have changed a lot in 1 year.

Mostly its Lady.

In the anime, she barely looks that much different from her DMC3 self and that was.......9-10 years ago.

lady_anime.jpg
Lady_DMC3_portrait_01.jpg
Lady_4.jpg

Yet DMC4 Lady looks much more maturer than anime Lady.

Also, Lady still has that scar on her nose in the anime.

miss-lady-devil-may-cry.jpg

But in DMC4 its gone.
dmc4lady.jpg

How come a scar she had in DMC3 still be around 9 years for the anime but disappear in 1 year for DMC4...unless if she was using skin products or make up.

Then there is her breast size. Her breast size in the anime seemed to be the same from DMC3.

Lady_Anime.JPG
images

Meaning that Lady didn't mature much over the course of DMC3 to the anime but she matured a lot from the anime to DMC4.
lady_dmc2_by_AR_0.jpg

Her breasts grew a few cup sizes in a course of 1 year....maybe less but remained almost the same from when she was 19 in DMC3 (???) to 28/29 in the anime.

Plus the 10 year comment came from Kobayashi...just one guy who works at Capcom. I mean at this point Kamiya, the guy who made the first DMC game and the creator of DMC, can say anything about DMC and it will get shot down by Capcom.

Nothing in the games, anime, or other source confirms the time gap between DMC1-DMC4 is 1 year. Just one comment/statement from one person who technically isn't the proprietor of DMC (that would be Itsuno). Capcom can literally come out and now state (in an artbook maybe) that Kobayashi was wrong, the time gap between DMC3 & DMC4 is not 10 years. If anything it seems making Nero the child of Vergil was an idea Kobayashi was against and did everything in his power to not make it possible in regards to the story (making statements that aren't really backed by the game itself). Bingo was most likely for it and left Capcom to write his own version of DMC4 since Kobayashi was being a prick.....I wouldn't be surprised.

But I could be wrong and maybe Itsuno also said the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 was 10 years....but I don't recall that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Dude, ur genius, but don't bother, there's a lot of Vergil-Nero haters around.

I know right. Its like they'll do at anything to deduct reasoning.

What is the timespan between DMC3 and DMC4?

10 years.

Says who?

Kobayashi.

The guy who only worked on one DMC game and isn't the current proprietor of DMC. He was only involved with DMC4 and wasn't involved with DmC or any recent decision/matter DMC based now was he. Hey I guess Tsuyoshi have more say that Kobayashi since he worked on DMC2 and DMC3 as producer.

Well he said it didn't he.

Yeah he said it in an interview when someone asked him the question. He (or Capcom) never officially stated the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 not in the games/anime/or any other source.

DEAL.WITH.IT.HATERS.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I know right. Its like they'll do at anything to deduct reasoning.

What is the timespan between DMC3 and DMC4?

10 years.

Says who?

Kobayashi.

The guy who only worked on one DMC game and isn't the current proprietor of DMC. He was only involved with DMC4 and wasn't involved with DmC or any recent decision/matter DMC based now was he. Hey I guess Tsuyoshi have more say that Kobayashi since he worked on DMC2 and DMC3 as producer.

Well he said it didn't he.

Yeah he said it in an interview when someone asked him the question. He (or Capcom) never officially stated the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4 not in the games/anime/or any other source.

Specifiying a time frame, as director, makes an official source; He oversees and approves everything on the game as director, that's his job. He also speficied after the teaser was released that Nero was not immeditaly related to Dante(and thus Vergil). This overrides what one person(morihashi bingo) may have intended. Being that the twins were 19 in DMC3, 28 in DMC1, and as supervisor of the anime, Kobayahi ALSO stated that the anime happens between DMC1 and 4 within a year gap between those two, that is CANON word of god info.

DEAL. WITH. IT. THOSE WHO DENY THE DIRECTOR'S WORD.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Specifiying a time frame, as director, makes an official source; He oversees and approves everything on the game as director, that's his job. He also speficied after the teaser was released that Nero was not immeditaly related to Dante(and thus Vergil). This overrides what one person(morihashi bingo) may have intended. Being that the twins were 19 in DMC3, 28 in DMC1, and as supervisor of the anime, Kobayahi ALSO stated that the anime happens between DMC1 and 4 within a year gap between those two, that is CANON word of god info.

DEAL. WITH. IT. THOSE WHO DENY THE DIRECTOR'S WORD.

Kobayashi was the producer not director. Itsuno was still director for DMC4.

No one is arguing where the Anime & DMC4 took place but when (referring to the 10 year time gap). Its clear as day the anime is after DMC1 & before DMC4. I dont need Kobayashi telling me that.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Itsuno was a producer of DMC4, Kobayashi was the director, it even shows that the opening and enging credits, and Kobayashi is listed in all official sources as having taken over as director

IncarnatedDemon

Could someone who knows better than me enlighten me on arguments for Nero being Vergil's son.

Offical statements is irelevant to me though, because that could just be "Oh fans think Nero is Vergils son? Lets say he is then!".

If it isnt hinted clearly in the story of DMC 4 , then i really dont see how Nero is Vergil's son.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
When would Vergil even have the time between finding out how to obtain Sparda's power and serving under Mundas? And if he did and Nero was born before the events of 3 he would only be around 10 or 11 when 4 took place and during 4 he's 21, 19 at the youngest.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Nero's supposed to, by statment of Kobayashi in one production interview, be around the same age that Dante had been in DMC3, that places around 19. that means by the stated timelines, Vergil was 10 when Nero popped out. Honestly, I think a lot of what happened in eeh end was Capcom really had no idea, Bingo wanted to have Nero be vergil's kid, but probably got over ruled since the actual game gives no such hints, and no, Yamato is not "a big hint" since Nero gets no association with Vergil(quotes don't count since he also uses some of Dante's taunts as well.) and Yamato was originally SPARDA's sword he used to seal the hell gates 2k years prior...wehich means since a number of fans insists he was Vergil's son, they just ran with it to copout. Even Johnny said they "thought it was obvious" but never gave him an actual answer when he asked them about it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Okay I played and beat DMC4 again.....been awhile since I played it and it felt.....harder for some reason....well just the Diablo Sanctus boss fight.

Saw the credits and I was wrong Kobayashi was the director and Itsuno was the producer.

Pfffffttttt....nah I'm kidding the game at the credits clearly stated and I quote.

"Director: Hideaki Itsuno" "Producer: Hiroyuki Kobayashi"

Valcorn

Even Capcom says Itsuno was the director of 2,3,4 but what do they know... :D Dante Redgrave knows better, right?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I will summarize some of the things discussed here in the last pages and give my opinion on that:

- Vergil would not had a son with a human

We can say that considering how Vergil was presented in DMC3, it's very reasonable to conclude that, seeing he considers humans to be weak and he despites weakness. But how he was before? We have no clue at all of what he were doing since his mother gets killed and he get separated from his twin. So, it could much be explained by his life since he's 8 to the age he was in DMC3. We cannot take solid-rock conclusions about this because we don't know Vergil's past, but still, we can speculate something here and there.

- Kobayashi's statements about the series have to be true because he were involved with the production of DMC4

I don't really think so. If something is not stated clearly in the games, this can very much be changed in a next installment. We are talking about a fiction story here, they can change everything if they want to, the only need is that what they say to us seems coherent with what the games shows to us. Another thing is that were things that have been changed along the games despite what early writters have said, to minor things like Rebellions design to major things like Trish's ambiguous statement about Vergil's fate.

- Nothing points out that Nero was somehow related to Vergil

Actually, most things in DMC4 can be interpreted that way, even if we don't have a real answer to some questions. Yamato reacting to Nero and Devil Bringer seemed similar to Reb's reacting to Dante's blood in DMC3, although we don't really know if Yamato possess this properties too. The "Give me more power" thing is another hint that relates strongly to Vergil, some of his quotes makes reference to Vergil too ("You're going down") and as a complement Sanctus refers to him as someone who inherited Sparda's blood too. A thing that i think that's more personal than anything else, me being an avid fan of Vergil, is seeing that most of Nero's expressions when he's dealing with Sanctus in a serious manner looks a lot like Vergil's ones in DMC3 (the cutscenes in the Savior mission i think that it's in M11 or M12).

- Nero is like a void

Here i agree, there's such a mess the writters did with DMC4 relating to another games that until now we don't have good clues or answers to know more about Nero.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Even Capcom says Itsuno was the director of 2,3,4 but what do they know... :D Dante Redgrave knows better, right?

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_4 argue with you own primary resources, which you have yourself often referred to, Valcorn; several interviews also specified that Kobayashi had taken over as Director. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if they had accidently mis-credited Itsuno. Dan Southworth was only Mo-cap for Credo, yet they mis-credit him AS the full actor, when TJ Rotolo in fact voiced Credo and went uncredited in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom