• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm excited. Anyone else excited?

1447882603-odin-sphere-leifthrasir-storybook-edition.jpg

Storybook Edition Revealed for Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir presents the interwoven tale of five incredible characters – Gwendolyn, the fearsome Valkyrie caught between family and love; Cornelius, the hapless lover turned into a beast (albeit a cute and cuddly one); Mercedes, the reluctant Fairy Queen; Oswald, the blood-thirsty Shadow Knight; and Velvet, the mysterious forest witch – as chapters in a storybook, read by a young girl. So naturally, it's fitting that the complete HD remake of one of the most vaunted games from the PlayStation 2 era is receiving a premium "Storybook Edition". Exclusive to the PlayStation 4, the "Storybook Edition" will be available in spring 2016 for $79.99/CA$99.99. Pre-orders for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir "Storybook Edition" and the standard versions of the game are now open at game retailers.

Contents of the "Storybook Edition" include

64-page Hardcover Art Book - Filled with the original drawings from the legendary George Kamitani and Vanillaware.

Potion Recipe T-shirt - This large-size t-shirt is emblazoned with a helpful reminder of one of the more common uses of Alchemy inOdin Sphere Leifthrasir: turning the living Mandragora plant creatures (Habaneristos, in this case) into potions vital for survival.

Collector's Metal Slipcase - The PS4 game will come nestled in a special metal slipcase with the game's key art on the front, and a not-yet-revealed image on the reverse.

Art Print - Also included with the game will be a high-quality art print with another not-yet-revealed (but different) design.

Premium Outer Box - All the contents in the premium edition will be packaged in a large, sturdy outer box.

To reiterate, the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir "Storybook Edition" exclusively contains the PlayStation 4 version of the game. However, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir will also be available for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. The PS4, PS3 and PS Vita versions of Odin Sphere Leifthrasir will include a softcover version of the 64-page art book at participating retailers. The non-premium editions will cost $59.99, $49.99, and $39.99 for the PS4, PS3, and PS Vita respectively.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Put in my PS4 and Vita pre orders in today. I'm splurging for the PS4 collectors edition since it'll be around my birthday.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like it says above, $79.99.

There are a few months left till release so if you want to start putting in a little at a time you can start now.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Like it says above, $79.99.

There are a few months left till release so if you want to start putting in a little at a time you can start now.
I think I can handle 79.99 dollars if i order from play-asia. its about same amount I would have paid for any new game in my country :) thanks

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is now a Japanese demo on the PS Store.

And, yes, those are open to all. I talked to a guy at Sony about it once, it's not even kinda, sorta or a tinsy bit frowned upon.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I would downloaded it, but I already played original and its enough for me to get it day one :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
I would downloaded it, but I already played original and its enough for me to get it day one :D
You should still give the demo a go. I just played it and they revamped a lot of the gameplay. There is quite a bit of new in this remaster.

EDIT: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DOWNLOADED THE JAPANESE DEMO, REMEMBER O IS CONFIRMED IN JAPAN, NOT X.

June... Are you kidding me? The game's been out in Japan since January, why is it taking so long to get stateside?

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
limited edition preordered
Sorry to one up you, mate, but not only did I preorder the limited edition and mostly payed for it, I preordered the Vita version, which means 2 copies of the preorder artbook:laugh::devil::laugh::devil:!!!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Sorry to one up you, mate, but not only did I preorder the limited edition and mostly payed for it, I preordered the Vita version, which means 2 copies of the preorder artbook:laugh::devil::laugh::devil:!!!
nice :D I was tempted get VITA version as well, but than remained by PS4 one :D

berto

I Saw the Devil
The thing is that the game was announced so long ago and back then they announced a February release and I figured if I didn't have the money I'd just get the PS4 version, but as they pushed the date back so far I decided to put a few bucks every paycheck towards the games. If the games had been released earlier I'd have to pick one or, but since it's so far away I can put a little at a time and pay it off in installments.

Top Bottom