• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

odd one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i dont know why but dmc 2 has never seemed right to me it feels like it dosnt fit in with the rest its completely off course i just dont think they should of released it when it 100% fitted in

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Maybe they were trying to take it in a new direction and it didn't exactly go down so well. So they backtrack and do the opposite in 3 making it seem like DMC2 is the odd one out. DMC2 and DMC3 were like seperate paths leading out of of DMC1, and DMC3 was the one they went with because it sold like crazy and everyone loved it.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
yeah and number 2 is the last one so far in the story 3142 thats the order i thought it was 2314 so they laugh:(

aka958

Don't trust people
Sorry demon general but the way you said it was so funny.

"in order 1234 it dosent make sense if u dont know this already put order as 2314 and you see it fits perfectly "

And the title name was something about the answer to ALL series questions, there are ALOT of questions that are unanswered even if you know the correct order. Also, it's just... So damn funny... How did you come to the conclusion of DMC2 being the first one in the series?

Laurence Barnes

Premium
well if u think about it what happened to force edge hes all alone crying for one more slash at blood oh and in 2 why does the rebellion look like the handels rapped in tin foil:D

aka958

Don't trust people
Got no idea of how the weapons look in DMC2, it and DMC1 is the only ones I haven't played.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've played them all, and Rebellion looks quite different in DMC2. Perhaps it matures along with it's master? Because the Rebellion from DMC3 is a big, thick sword that looks extremely hard to swing. Rebellion in DMC2 looks a bit... classier. Here's a couple pics to compare them.

DMC3 Rebellion
Rebellion.gif

DMC2 Rebellion
Rebellion.JPG

Now, while the DMC2 image may not be the best in the world, there are some serious differences. For example, it looks much more like a typical claymore, without the small crease near the top. It's also much sleeker, and looks easier to swing. The skull design is replaced with a demonic eye, and the entire hilt of the sword appears to be wrapped in metallic tendrils. Incidentally, I like this design better.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;209376 said:
I've played them all, and Rebellion looks quite different in DMC2. Perhaps it matures along with it's master? Because the Rebellion from DMC3 is a big, thick sword that looks extremely hard to swing. Rebellion in DMC2 looks a bit... classier. Here's a couple pics to compare them.

DMC3 Rebellion
Rebellion.gif

DMC2 Rebellion
Rebellion.JPG

Now, while the DMC2 image may not be the best in the world, there are some serious differences. For example, it looks much more like a typical claymore, without the small crease near the top. It's also much sleeker, and looks easier to swing. The skull design is replaced with a demonic eye, and the entire hilt of the sword appears to be wrapped in metallic tendrils. Incidentally, I like this design better.

i agree with you the dmc2 version looks better... But the dmc3 version suits dante better. classy is not dante's style. flashy is and a larger sword is more flashy and dramatic. a sleek looking weapon dosn't quite suit someone who specializes in powerful flashy moves. and dante dosn't need a easier to swing weapon.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
no ofence but mature with its master yeah mature by rapping its self in tin foil but yeah i agree darkslayer dmc3 it suits dante hes younger and stronger he needs a big sword in dmc2 its focused on skill

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Well if DMC2 is set so far into the future as some claim Dante has hacked his way through a lot of demons made of metal and rock and ice and god knows whaat else, after time rebellion would become thinner and weathered after extreme overuse and resharpening over a long period of time. And conveniently enough thats just what the second picture looks like, flashy DMC3 rebellion after Dante has been kicking ass with it for years and years and years.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's one of those old-timey towns that haven't gotten with the times... There are a lot of those in the world, believe it or not. :dry:

Laurence Barnes

Premium
oh yeah well its a bit weird your in an old village go through a tunnel then your in a city

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's not exactly a tunnel as it is an entire labyrinth of catacombs and whatnot. Besides, Dante has to go through a pretty extensive bit of ruins to get back to the city after leaving, so yeah...

Laurence Barnes

Premium
i guess the people really hate each other to seperate each other with a labrinth of ancient errrr stuff

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The submachine guns? They're in the ruins, the ones you fight Bolverk in. In the water pillar room, they're on one of the ledges... I believe.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
i wondered were they were ages ago i herd everyone talking about sub machiene guns i went on mission 11 and saw a hole in the wall went in
YOU GOT THE SUB MACHIENE GUNS! there my favorite
my freind keeps sayin gatling guns one time i used a sentry turret on worms 4 he calls it a gatling turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom