• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not good news 360 owners...

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
It doesn't make any difference for me , cuz i don't play original xbox games . why would i play halo 2 if i have halo 3 ODST ?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Oh. Well that's slightly irritating.
I guess I'll have to start using the mammoth sized original Xbox if I want to play the only original Xbox game I gave a damn about, the original Fable.

Oh wait. No I won't.
*Goes off and installs it on the laptop.*

Now, for a far less cynical, "couldn't give a damn either way" response.

God damn it Microsoft, what if people no longer own their original Xbox systems? It's a damn poor excuse that they've given too. Sadly my Xbox went south after taking a sledgehammer to the thing to see how durable it was, and my god, is it ever durable, that bitch took 20 full swings from the damn hammer before even the Xbox logo on the top cracked!

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
I was pretty ****ed off about this from being a huge Halo fan and still occasionally playing Halo 2 online. I still have like 8 people on my friends list who are dedicated Halo 2 players, and they can no longer play it online on original xbox which is not cool.

It angers me that possibly the main reason behind this is so Microsoft can increase the friends list limit, which now stands at 100, to something higher. I've seen on multiple forums where peolpe were crying for more than 100 friends list spaces, which is just insane. NO ONE needs that amount of space, I mean I play with the same 6 or 7 people on Xbox Live out of my 90something friends right now. But seriously who can say that they need more than 100 friends to play on Xbox Live with.

I would actually say this is good news for the majority of 360 owners as Microsoft can do a lot more with Xbox Live now that they basically are cutting off the "old" Xbox Live. Not many people still play original xbox games online anyway.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I never really played any original Xbox games online so it doesn't directly affect me but it's a shame that a fair few Xbox "oldbies" will be effected by this. Hopefully, however, this will mean better things for the future of Xbox Live.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't play Xbox Live to begin with, but from what they've said, this doesn't really seem valid. What about those who still play the old Xbox Live? I bet most people are gonna flock back to their old Xboxes and play that way, because there's no way else to do it...

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I don't really use XBox Live since I rarely play online with the old XBox games and XBox 360 games. Doesn't really matter to me, but people who plays the old XBox Live will be really disappointed.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Was only a matter of time and doesnt bother me at all. Save the server space for new games and free up some of those old servers and get with the times.

Im guessing the article in the link has changed since you posted it too as it now says things about The future of Ghost Recon. However i knew which article you were referring to by everyone elses comments.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Ember To Inferno;202012 said:
Well, I have an old Xbox to play them on >_> Doesn't effect me XD. Although I can see how you guys feel, I would get pretty mad too.
It's cutting of Xbox Live on all original xbox games, regardless of which console you are on.

Top Bottom