• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

No more stupid emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus

Rebellion
No more stupid auto emails telling me how much you miss me. It's ****ing stupid and I'm not amused or impressed by it.

Tyles

Isn't there an option to disable such a feature in your User CP?

Would unchecking the "Receive Email from administrators" box work?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Sorry about that, Solidus. I recently installed a modification for our forum software that is supposed to auto-email users who have been inactive for about a week. You haven't been the only person to complain and I can honestly say it isn't impressing me a whole lot either thus far.

I can promise that unless I can get this feature to be a bit more user-friendly then I will be disabling it. Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
I thought you can only disable emails telling you that you have new private message, not all emails sent to you from this forum lol

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Solidus;17114 said:
No more stupid auto emails telling me how much you miss me. It's ****ing stupid and I'm not amused or impressed by it.

man...............its bad ****ting Hell.......i hate it man :(

Dark Drakan

Admin
d4rkn1ght;19589 said:
man...............its bad ****ting Hell.......i hate it man :(

We understand it can be frustrating and ive had this system tested on me on our other forums so i know what you mean but it will be fixed soon im sure just have patience.

Dark Drakan

Admin
d4rkn1ght;20011 said:
ya........u can bet that..........i better be patient and wait for the results

During one test of ProjectEgo's i had about 14 in a row, just teething problems with systems that you just have to bare with until we sort out the bugs.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
And besides, there are better ways to ask for something to be stopped - kinda lucky Steve got in there first before I did...:lol:

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
There are simple ways to resolve this I get stacks of emails from DMC.org I know there PM's so I just delte them its rather easy.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I've got an email address I use just for spam and emails that I have to receive as part of a deal but cannot be bothered to read. Once every so often I bulk delete the lot and carry on ignoring them

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Exactly same as here Angel I have loads of accounts on Websites that send Email PM things and I get a little annoyed but then I claim down and press delete lol.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Yuppers - and as with any system there are bound to be glitches - like Dark Drakan said, he received a whole bunch of emails in one day - I got twice as many. It's hardly the end of the world...

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Exactly claim down and just chill there are worst thing in life to worry about than lots of emails I feel loved when I get loads of emails lol.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Nel0 Angel0;20478 said:
Exactly claim down and just chill there are worst thing in life to worry about than lots of emails I feel loved when I get loads of emails lol.

Yeah i thought i was popular at the time until i realised they were all repeats of the same email... :(

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom