• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nite-Runner

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi guys.

My next story. I'll update on here as i write it.
I got the base for story and the name from a song by my favorite group called Duran Duran (and some dudes called Timbaland and Justin Timberlake). The song is also called Nite-Runner. The first time i listened to it, the whole thing made me think of Devil May Cry. I dunno why...:D I can just see a red neon sign that says Nite Runner in the style of Dante's Devil May Cry shop sign.

Here's the lyrics to give you some idea...

"Nite Runner"

You're nocturnal
Only come out at night
And I'm learning
All the ways you want to ride

Cuz you're on the roam
But not until the darkness arrives
And I'm certain
I'll catch up to you one of these times, baby
Oh

Can I get my hands on you tonight
(I must be feeling something)
Some thing tells me I'm in for a ride
(I wonder if you see me coming)
Can I put my hands on you tonight
(One night has got me running)
Something tells me I'm in for a ride
(Right into your nighttime world cuz I'm a)

Nite Runner
I think I'm falling for you
Nite Runner
You got a style that put me under
Nite Runner
What you gonna do with it now
Nite Runner
Nite, nite runner

Light scatters
When you walk into the room
Under shadow
I can feel the heat in you
Should I be surprised
I see the possibility
Moving right across to me
And it all matters
When I'm getting close to you, hey yeah
Uh huh

Can I get my hands on you tonight
(I must be feeling something)
(I wonder if you see me coming)
Can I put my hands on you tonight
(One night has got me running)
(Right into your nighttime world cuz I'm a)

Nite Runner
Nite Runner
You got a spell that puts me under
Nite Runner
Nite Runner
Nite, nite runner

Love is haunting
She wanted to go
That's what she told me
Love is haunting
She wanted to go
But I can't, can't

Nite Runner
Nite Runner
You got a spell that put me under
Nite Runner
Nite Runner
Nite, nite runner

Nite Runner
Nite Runner
You got a spell that puts me under
Nite Runner
Nite Runner
Nite, nite runner

Hope you guys like the story...
VB

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Nite-Runner

"Oh Please!..." Dante said "... too easy!"
"Well, from where I'm standing it doesn't look possible, let alone easy." Vergil replied.
"Watch and Learn from the master!" Dante said with a wink.

Vergil and Dante were playing pool, for the first time that evening. Vergil had always tried to make some excuse, but Dante wasn't falling for it anymore. How many times could he say, "I've got tennis elbow" without his younger brother realizing that he didn't play tennis. When Vergil said, "Okay, I've got sword elbow" Dante laughed, thrusted a cue in Vergil's hand and said, "Stop taking the p***".

In the background, Dante had the television on. A news flash appeared. A picture of a shadowy figure leaping rooftops was shown., "Hey Dante, turn the volume up," Vergil ordered.
"Do it yourself..." Dante sniggered
Vergil marched over to the tv... on closer inspection the figure was just a blur. Vergil managed to catch the words monster and murder.
"Didn't know you were into the news Vergil..." Dante said, still trying to figure the shot with his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth.
"No, I'm not... it's just..."
"DAMN!..." Dante interrupted as the cue ball went into the top left pocket, "Sorry Vergil... you were saying..."
With a sigh, Vergil's reply was "Forget it..."

Suddenly, something made Dante and Vergil devil trigger and then disappeared again. "What the hell..." Dante said, "...that's never happened before!" It was like a wave of power.
Vergil looked out of Devil May Cry's shop window, then turned back to the table.
"Told you didn't I..." Vergil said smugly "...that shot was IMPOSSIBLE!"
"Yea, yeah! Get on with it!"
Vergil placed the cue ball on the table... potted one... then smugly potted the black... "That's my game, I think."
"Not one to boast, are you brother?" Dante said."You've changed since you came back..."
Vergil shrugged... then the same wave activated their Devil trigger again.
Vergil grabbed his coat and Yamato, as he walked out of the door he heard Dante shout "AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T TOLD ME HOW YOU GOT BACK!!!"

Vergil walked to the corner of the street. An instinct kicked in. As he turned the corner he felt something hit him... it was a hooded figure... except the hood had fallen off that persons head. Vergil could smell that the person was a female. It was too dark to see her face.
"I'm sorry..." she said, pulled her hood back up...then ran off.
Vergil walked back to Devil May Cry, ready for an 'ear-bashing' from Dante.

Surprisingly, When Vergil got back, Dante had passed out on the sofa and was snoring his head off. Vergil rolled his eyes and made his way to his room.

Vergil kept thinking about the person that bumped into him... she wasn't just female... she had a demonic smell to her... a familiar smell...

The next morning, Vergil walked downstairs to find that Dante hadn't moved from where he was... now he was talking in his sleep...
"Oh... that tickles Chantelle... stop it.... no not there... oh, your good..."
Vergil rolled his eyes again, Dante sounded like he was having a good time.
He walked into the kitchen, it was in such a mess, 'Dante...' Vergil thought to himself.
As Vergil started to clean away the empty beer bottles that had been gulped down by his little brother, a realization hit him... that person that bumped into him, looked a bit like the figure on the news... but there was something else... he recognized the clothing that girl wore, he couldn't think where from though.
"VERGIL... I HOPE YOU'RE MAKING COFFEE!" Dante shouted.
"You have legs, do it yourself"
"I heard that!" Dante said as he appeared in the doorway.
"Have fun?" Vergil smiled to himself
"What... I wasn't talking again... was I?" Dante ased. Vergil nodded in reply
"Well..." Dante said smugly staring into space in deep thought"I was good... and she was good... that's twice now I've dreamt about Chantelle..."
"Great, Dante... don't you have any jobs on?" Vergil asked
"Nope...well I said I'd help Lady out... but she left yesterday. I told her I wanted to spend sometime with my bro!"
"I'm flattered" Vergil said with a bout of sarcasm. Not picking up on it, Dante's reply was,"so you should be!"
"Or did you really want to spend your day with Chantelle?" Vergil retorted.
"A guy can sleep... can't he?"
Vergil passed a mug of coffee to Dante, then dived into a cupboard.

"Anyway, what are your plans for today?"
"I have to go and find someone..."Vergil said rummaging about that same cupboard "...a friend"
Dante spat out a mouthful of Coffee "Oh, I didn't know you had ANY friends".
Vergil appeared out of the cupboard with a jar in his hand and picked up a fork from the draining board by the sink. His strength made light work of the jar lid, and stuck his fork in.
"Bleh, I dunno how you can eat those things" Dante said with a shiver.
After fishing in the jar with a fork, Vergil pulled out a round green thing and said "Just because you don't like olives, doesn't mean to say that I can't eat them."
Dante watched Vergil eating the olives whilst holding his nose and his breath. By the time Vergil had eaten four olives and put the lid back on the jar, Dante was turning purple. Plus the thought of Dante squirming made them taste even better.

"I hope your gonna freshen your breath bro. I don't think your friend will appreciate the smell" Dante said as Vergil walked out of the room.

Later that Morning, Vergil was stood on the roof of the Devil May Cry shop looking across the city. As always Yamato was by his side.
Vergil became aware of the instinct that had washed over him the night before. A vibration came from Yamato.
Before he knew it, Vergil was in his Devil Trigger form leaping rooftops.
When he reached the Square in the City, there was a huge demon 'stomping around' and making his presence known to others.
It was the usual pointed teeth, red eyed, grumpy, black cloaked demon... AND 8 feet tall. The weird thing was, this lesser demon usually stalked the halls of Mundus' keep in the Underworld.

"Your Master must be feeling generous if he's let you out." Vergil Shouted
"Ah, you... the traitor to our Emperor..." The beast snorted.
"Traitor?" Vergil questioned.
"You have done a quite few things to upset my master... but it doesn't matter anymore, you will die, and Mundus will gain a grip on this world."
Vergil couldn't understand. Pieces of his memory were in fragments...
The beast then lunged at Vergil with its crude metal staff. It caught him off guard. The demon never had time to reach Vergil, as its head 'fell' off of it's shoulders. Vergil hadn't unsheathed Yamato.
A cloaked figure walked over a picked up the head of the demon. It was the girl from last night.

"Hello Nelo" She said as she disappeared.
"Nelo?" Vergil questioned... Then he remembered, she was there just after Mundus had defeated him. Then, it hit him... he remembered her name...

"Nite?... Nite-Runner?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhmm... I just now read this, and HOLY SHIZZLE! I love your writing! Dante and Vergil seem just like they did in the game, although Vergil is acting a little bit more impulsive than he normally would. :p

Great writing, girl!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thanks, I'm working on the next bit. Vergil has changed a little since he came back from the dead.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I read this the other day.....I just wanted to say I loved it.

The random DT's and Dante just falling asleep, brilliant.

Looking forward to reading more.....

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
"HEY, and make sure that it doesn't happen again..."
Nite found herself (yet again) yelling at a group of 5 Lesser demons "... see that your friend gets a good burial too."
She always found herself cleaning up the mess that others created. As Nite started to walk back to her room, one of the demons caught up with her.
"Mistress Nite, I'm sorry if my brother cause any trouble in the human world." The demon said in a gruff voice. He looked exactly like the Lesser that she had just saved Vergil from.
"I don't understand how he managed to get out from the here. I hope he didn't harm anyone."
Nite could never understand why some of Mundus' created demons actually gave a damn about the human world.
"No harm done, but you do know that killing your brother was the only way that I could've brought him back." Nite said.
"Thank you for bringing him back anyway Mistress Nite." The demon said as he walked off
"Whatever... it's only a head..."

Nite got back to her room and piled her cloak onto the table beside the door. It was a black hooded cloak made of velvet. It had gold embroidery hand-stitched into the edges. Nite herself wore black knee-high boots, Black leather trousers and a black coat that came down to her waist. Nite had a pale skintone and long black rough cut hair which came down to her bum. She called it the rebel/rockers hairstyle.
Around her neck was her prized possession. It was a fragment of Nelo Angelo's armor. Nite always had it with her. She never took it off. It had a black aura to it.
The red and orange tones of the Underworld's glow shone through Nite's window. Looking out, her thoughts turned to that day's earlier encounter with Vergil.
She did know that Vergil was his name, but decided to call him Nelo.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the door.
"Come in" Nite said with a sigh.
A rounded/plump lady walked in the room. She had short brown curly hair, and wore a long green dress with a mini apron attached to her waist. Her face was a little squashed up too.
"Ah, Nite... good you are back...." she said with a strong Italian accent
"Hello Nanny." Nite Said "Anything wrong?"
"Your father would like to see you."
"Oh cr*p... so there is something wrong." Nite turned cold. The prospect of seeing her fatherfilled her up with hatred and dread.
"Now, now Nite, you know i don't like those words coming out of your mouth. How can such a pretty mouth spill such filth?"
"Have you heard yourself swear lately Nanny?" Nite laughed
"Yes, but my mouth is horrible, so I can say those things."
"Sorry Nanny" Nite said smiling softly.
"That's okay. It's understandable with what you have as a father."
"Do I have time for lunch?" Nite asked woth a little hope in her vioce. Travelling between the Demon World and the Human World always made her peckish.
"No, your father wants to see you straight away... I do have this though" Nanny said rummaging around in her apron.
She threw a round object towards Nite.
"Thanks Nanny... another apple" Nite said with a smile "That'll do."
Nite picked up and put on her black Velvet cloak. As she walked past Nanny going out of the door of her room, Nite gave her a peck on the cheek. "See you Nanny"

Nanny had raised Nite from a baby. For a demon, Nanny was very gentle and mother-like... but she cursed like a sailor. The things Nanny would come out with had Nite in stitches with laughter. Nite's father was never interested when she was a baby growing up. He was only interested when Nite was old enough to clean up his mess. This cleaning up included bring rogue demons back to the Underwold, especially those who had escaped the wrath of the Emperor. She couldn't blame these demon to taking up refuge in the Human World. Nite respected these demons, and orders from the Emperor normally meant that she was sent out to kill them.

By the time Nite had reached two huge Marble doors she had finished her apple. She put the core in a plant pot. She did the same thing with previous apple cores.
Nite wiped her hands on the inside of her cloak and proceeded to the big marble doors. She flipped her mind into 'don't give a damn mode'. It was the only way she could handle a conversation with her father.
Obvoiusly someone was expecting her, as usually, she would have to open the big marble doors herself. This time, they opened for her...
"Finally, a little respect for once" she mumbled to herself.
"You decided to come." A voice said.
"Well, Nanny told me that I didn't really have a choice. Plus, I've gotta cherish these rare occasions when I do get an Invitation from the old man." Nite was really getting into 'not giving a damn' "Just because I'm here, doesn't mean to say that I Love you all of a sudden...Daddy."
The voice grumbled, "Lets get this over with". Its as if the shadows were talking to her.
"That's fine by me" Nite replied.
"I have a job for you..."
"Oh, what this time? Defile a statue of Sparda, hunting down more rebels? Let's face it, It's all I ever do."
"Don't be insolent child" The voice boomed. "I want you to track down these two... Don't kill them, just bring them back to the Underworld"
"Why" Nite asked, although she wasn't expecting an answer.
"I have found another way of ruling the Human World, I just need the power from these two... half breeds to help me"
To pictures appeared in Nite's hand. She glanced over them "NO WAY! Not this time father, do your own dirty work."
"You will obey me daughter, or your insolence will be punished"
"No... not this time... why don't you do it, instead of sitting here and picking the fluff out of your belly button. After all, you are Mundus, the Emperor of the Underworld.
"SILENCE" Mundus' voice boomed around the marble room."For your disobedience and Insolence towards me, your father, your Emperor you will be punished."
And with those words, Mundus' third eye started to glow and Nite fell into a portal. The two pictures that she was holding fell to the floor. One Dante, the other was Vergil...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"So... did you meet your friend?" Dante asked. Dante was lying down on the couch again.
"Briefly" Vergil replied. Vergil was sat on a chair polishing Yamato.
"Did you get a chance to talk" Dante said in a yawn
"No" Vergil said bluntly.
After a brief pause Dante said "Well your a great conversationalist today"
"Oh, a smart word Dante. You won't remember it, so shall I write it down for future reference?"
Dante sat up "What is your problem Vergie?"
"Just go to sleep Dante" And on that remark Dante started to snore. "Have a good time with Chantelle."
Vergil was surprised that Nite remembered him. He was still trying to piece together bits of memory where Nite appeared.
Vergil cleaned up Yamato and his mess and headed up to the roof of the shop.

As dusk approached, Vergil was still stood on the roof of Devil May Cry.
"Hey, I'll see you later, I'm going to the bar" Shouted a voice... It was Dante
Vergil didn't say anything
"Ah, suit yourself" Dante mumbled.
Vergil knew that Dante wouldn't be back until three or four in the morning, so he headed back into the shop.
When Dante wasn't around, Vergil found that it was the perfect opportunity to read or listen to classical music. Vergil couldn't stand the noise that Dante listened to.
But, upon entering the roof entrance to the shop, a redflash caught his eye, and he Devil Triggered for a few seconds.
He saw a portal open. His nostrils flared as he recognised the portal being from the Demonworld. He could smell the dank aroma of death and demons.
He saw something fly out of the center of the portal.
Vergil jumped off of the roof and approached the 'heap' that the Underworld didn't want.
On closer inspection, it wasn't a something... it was a someone.
They had landed on their front. Vergil turned the body over.

Vergil removed the material that covered their face.
"Nite?"
"MMM... that a**hole, he won't get away with this." she grumbled.
"Be careful, you hit the ground quite hard"
"I know..." Nite grumbled again.
Nite looked up towards Vergil... "Hey, Is that your twin... he even styles his hair like yours Vergie"
"I think your a little concussed" Vergil said
"Nite rubbed her head and yelled "OWIE!!!"
Vergil scooped Nite up into his arms and carried her into the shop.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
:wub: :wub: Love it, VB! Nite Runner sounds so sweet, I really really like her :)

MORE PWEAASSEEE!!! :D

Oh, and um...hehehe....this was sooo cool to read...

"Well..." Dante said smugly staring into space in deep thought"I was good... and she was good... that's twice now I've dreamt about Chantelle..."
TWICE?:O :wub: *faints from overdose of pure bliss*

"Or did you really want to spend your day with Chantelle?" Vergil retorted.
"A guy can sleep... can't he?"
:lol: YEAH! Go to sleep, Dante, just close your eyes...and...go...to..sleep...:sleep:

ANYWAY! lol. I love the idea you got going here VB, I hope you keep it up because I really enjoyed reading the banter between the brothers.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooooooh very cool indeed......!

I like the fragment of Nelo Angelo's armor around her nack and I really love her name.

Keep it up ;)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vergil looked at the clock hanging on the wall... '10pm', he thought to himself.
Nite had fallen asleep on the sofa. She had a little concussion... she told Vergil that she would be okay after she had a little sleep.
Nite had been asleep for 4 hours. In that time, she had mumbled quite a bit. Vergil couldn't make out what she was saying. He had spent two of those hours watching Nite sleep, the other two he spent reading.

Vergil looked at Nite again, then turned his attention back to the book.

"Argh!" Nite suddenly sat up.

Vergil dropped his book, "What's wrong?" he asked.
"Nothing..." Nite replied quickly "...bad dream"

Vergil got up from his chair, "Are you hungry?"
"No... a little thirsty though" she replied.

As Vergil walked out of the room, Nite sat on the couch and rubbed her head. She noticed the moonlight shining through the window of the shop onto her, it made her feel better. It was as if the moon had taken away all of the pain in her head and her body.
Nite stood up and walked to the window. She closed her eyes and bathed in the light.

"What are you doing? You're not well..."
Nite stopped Vergil mid-sentence by putting her finger over her lips to hush him.
The clouds covered the moon and she snapped out of her 'meditiation'.

"You don't remember... do you?" Nite asked.
Vergil looked at her confused and handed her a drink, "No..."

All of a sudden... "Hi, Vergie... hic...I'm home...hic... does you have a...hic... kiss for your little... hic... brother."
"Dante... right?" Nite said to Vergil "From what you told me, he hasn't changed much."

"Hey there baby..." Dante said to Nite with a stupid grin on his face "... do you dance... I'd like to Tango with you!!"

"He's drunk... ignore him..." Vergil said.
"If he was sober, I'd be flattered... sorry Dante..." Nite replied.
"Aww... HANG ON!!! you'd rather Tango with Vergie"
Nite's reply was "Sorry Dante... I don't Dance"
Dante grumbled as he sat on the couch... I'll go see Chantelle then... Dante put his head on the arm of the chair and fell asleep.

"Chantelle?" Nite asked
"His... pleasure" Vergil whispered
"Ain't no woman got a patch on Chantelle," Dante said half awake "She does things that would make Mundus squirm."
Vergil and Nite looked at each other in disbelief.
"EWW", Nite proclaimed in disgust.
"Yeah, but it keeps him out of trouble" Vergil Replied.

Nite scanned around the office, and spotted the book that was placed on the table beside the chair that Vergil had been sat in. She walked over and picked it up.
"Dracula?" Nite asked "I didn't think that was your sort of thing."
"I can't always be standing up on the roof or training all the time now, can I? Plus, I'm a bit bored."
"Really? You get bored?" Nite said in disbelief "Dracula happens to be my favorite horror story"
Nite put the book down then turned to Vergil and smiled... "I think the Vampire look would really suit you."
Vergil didn't know whether to be flattered or insulted... although it didn't stop them from both chuckling at the thought.

The moon started to shine through the office window again.
"Mind if I head up to the roof?" Nite asked.
"Go ahead." Vergil replied.

Gesturing towards Dante, Nite said,"When sleeping beauty wakes up. I'll tell you how and why I am here, I'll see you later." And headed up the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just as dawn broke and the rising sun started to hit the rooftops, Nite headed inside. For all of those hours she had been stood on the roof breathing in the air of the human world, basking in the moonlight. At least the air of the human world was a bit clearer than the dank stench of death in the Demon world.

As she walked into the office, Dante was still asleep on the couch, and Vergil had fallen asleep in the chair. He had dozed off reading his book.
Nite looked a little closer at Vergil. Sat on the top of his head, were a pair of glasses. Nite was shocked.
'Glasses?' She thought to herself 'Perhaps its the human blood getting its revenge for accepting his demon heritage?' Of course, she was joking.
But, whatever the reason was that he needed to wear them, they suited him.
She smiled to herself , and headed into the kitchen.

A couple of minutes later, she came out of the kitchen with three staming mugs of coffee and put them on the table in the middle of the seating area where the boys were asleep.
Dante was still moaning Chantelle's name.
Nite gently nudge Vergil's arm, "Hey nice glasses Vergie."
Vergil bolted up from his sleeping positition and fumbled to get the specs out of his hair. As soon as they were free, he ran his hand through the mess until he was satisfied with it.
Nite laughed and said, "Don't worry Vergil, you don't have to impress me... you wear glasses... so what?!"
"It doesn't bother you? It bothers me!" Vergil retorted.
"Just do me a favor and tear your brother away from his hot-chick.
"Hey Dante, wake up..." Vergil said "...Nite has made you a coffee... wake up and drink it!"
"whaa?" Dante said.
"Excuse me Nite" Vergil said.
Nite looked in wonder... all of a sudden Vergil threw a cushion at Dante.
"Ow, sod off!" Dante shouted. Vergil threw another. "Ow!!!" Dante yelled "Okay... I'm awake!!!"
"Stop moaning and drink your coffee brother." Vergil told Dante.
Dante sipped his coffee "Hey, this is good... Vergil didn't make this... It usually tastes of p***"
Vergil leaned toward Nite and said "Well, the toilet is blocked, where else am I supposed to go?"
Coffee spurted everywhere, "Dude, you aren't serious... I always said you were an evil bastard"
"Dante... Calm down, I think Vergie is joking." Nite said with a smile.

"So, why are you here Nite?" Vergil asked.
Turning to Dante Nite said, "You defeated Mundus before, didn't you?"
Dante smirked "Yeah, I did... why?"
Nite sipped her coffee and put the mug back down on the table, "I need your help... Both of you."
"What for?" Dante asked.
"I need you to help me bring Mundus' reign to an end... for good"
The brothers looked at each other in disbelief.
"Are you serious?" Vergil asked.
Nite's eyes narrowed, "VERY..."

------------------------------------------------------------------
The three sat in silence.
"Who are you really?" Dante asked.
"I'm Nite"
"No, I mean who are you? I know you are a demon, I can smell it." Dante replied.
Vergil looked at Nite and said, "Nite is the daughter of Mundus... a Lunar demon."
Dante laughed, "She can't be... she's too nice AND she hasn't tried to kill us!"
Nite smiled "welI I AM... but I wish i wasn't though."
"Vergil, I'm confused... can we trust her?"
"I do..." Vergil replied. He couldn't understand why he said it, but her felt like he could trust her.
"Well... If Vergie trusts you.. you've gotta be okay... but then again... there was baldy, back in the tower"
"Arkham?" Nite said
"How do you know?" Vergil replied.
"I don't really know anything," she lied. It was in their best interest not to know... not at the moment anyway.

Nite cringed at a sudden pain in her back.
"Hey, you okay?" Dante asked
"Fine..." Nite changed the subject "You wanna know who I am? Okay...I'll tell you"
------------------------------------------------------

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
GYARGH!Cliff hanger!!! It's cool VB, the longer the better :D...The FIC I mean, c'mon! LOL. So what were Dante & Chantelle doing - the tango? ;) Hehehe, you make my day, you really really do! Gah! Got the goosebumps again, hehehe.
And Vergil as a vampire? Mmmm...that's frightening!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I think Vergi would make a great Vampire... (thats my other obsession).
I wasn't too sure whether I should make Vergil wear glasses though.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I am Nite... A Lunar Demon... also a manipulator of shadows.
I am also known as Nite-Runner as I chase the darkness, whether it is the moon or evil.
I am the daughter of the Emperor Mundus. I do not know who my mother is.
He has never mentioned anything about my mother, and I am punished if I ask.
I was raised by Mundus' female servants. Mundus never took any interest in me when I was a child, until I reached an age where I could hunt, kill and retrieve demons successfully.
I am disliked by Mundus himself. Hated by his closest man-servants and his personal guards.

I suppose... I am a Demon Hunter.

My... job... is to bring back to hell demons that have 'escaped the wrath of the Emperor', as Mundus so delicately puts it.
He believes that the mind captures the essence of the soul, so I only return to the Underworld with their heads.
Mundus Corrupts the soul and shapes it to his own sick and twisted design... or... he will keep the soul in some sort of dungeon until he is ready to use that soul... for his own purposes.

I hate it... with a passion....
I've even had to retrieve the souls of demons that I have respected.

If i don't agree to tasks that I am given I am sent to the whipping boy in the torture chambers... not by my own choice of course. My dear old Daddy will send me there.
It also applies to being Insolent and questioning Mundus' motives and reign.
I questioned and disobeyed one too many times.. and here I am...

----------------------------------------------------

"Punished... That's sick..." Dante said in disgust
"We are talking about Mundus here." Vergil replied. "What did he want you to do?"
Nite looked at the floor, she felt really uncomfortable... then she looked at Vergil and rubbed her brow.
"He wanted me to... try... and bring the both of you to back to the Underworld... I mean, you're men... hauling your butts isn't...wasn't gonna be easy..." Her voice started to tremble, "plus... I respect you both... I can't do it again...not to you two."

"Why does he want us?" Vergil asked.
"Mundus has decided that his power alone is not enough anymore... he wants power from other demons too... especially you two. Dante defeating him obviously didn't go down too well. Also. The more power he has, the easier it is to take over the human world. He will have no need for Hell Gates or portals or anything."
The boys were hit with an uncomfortable feeling.
"Plus, he's still p***ed about Sparda." Nite continued

"Over 2000 years... and the a**hole still bears a grudge" Dante retorted.

"I've got nowhere else to go... Can I stay here... I'll pay you rent." Nite asked
"With what money?" Dante asked
"Don't worry about that" Nite winked.
"You don't have to pay anything... of course she can stay here... right Dante?" Vergil said.
"Yeah, okay... I dunno where you'll be sleeping though."
"She can sleep in my bed" Vergil answered.
"What with you in it as well?"
"Why not... It's not as if we've got our hands all over each other"
Nite gleamed. She got up and kissed Dante on the forehead "Thank you", and then kissed Vergil on the forehead "Thank you so much." She then picked up her cloak, and dashed out of the office door.

"Plus, it'll be good to have a girl around the place to clean up..." Dante smirked.
Vergil didn't say anything... he just threw another cushion at his brother.
"OW"
------------------------------------------------------

Three hours had passed... Nite still hadn't returned.

"Dude... sit down... you're like some worried father... or boyfriend... or something."
"She is an enemy of the Underworld..."
"...And she can handle herself"
Vergil gritted his teeth and flared his nostrils.
All of a sudden, the silence in the office was broken by the telephone ringing.

"Devil May Cry" Dante said.
"Where are you?"
Vergil looked at Dante...
"Okay... we're on our way..."

Vergil looked away and grabbed Yamato. "What is it?"
"It's Nite... she is okay... She just ran into a bit of trouble at the edge of town."
"Trouble?"
"Yes... Demon trouble... Do you wanna stand here and debate... or are we gonna help her?"

The twins headed out of the door and jumped into Dante's car.
-----------------------------------------

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
"COME ON DANTE... PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!"

As they got to Nite's location... they could see a demon portal. It was throwing out red lightning.
Even before Dante had a chance to slow down the car, Vergil had already jumped out onto the bonnet and Devil Triggered and ran off.
"HEY! Have some respect for other people's property bro!!!"

When Vergil reached the clearing, there were plenty of demons... but Nite was nowhere to be seen.
"NITE... WHERE ARE YOU!?" Vergil surprised himself by calling out for her.
Suddenly, shadows from the nearby trees started to rush at the demons. Grit flew everywhere from the sand based demons.
"What the..." Dante said as he arrived at Vergil's side.
Then a shadow appeared at Dante and Vergil's side... Nite appeared.
"I'm sorry about that... the more I kill... the more that come through."
"You are hurt" Vergil said
"I know..."
"Let's deal with the hells Dante, Nite, you seal the portal."
"Okay" Nite an Dante said in Unison.

Nite touched the shard of the Black Knight armor. A katana appeared in her right hand, "Lets go!"
The katana was black with white veins in the sheath. The handle was also black.
Nite ran straight through the middle into the lightning of the portal.

"Isn't she full of surprises" Dante said.
The boys both Devil Triggered and ran into the middle of the herd of demons.
Vergill was slicing several demons at a time with Yamato, and Dante was mixing his gun play with Rebellion.

As Nite got closer to the portal... she could hear Mundus voice.
"Still trying then father?" Nit giggled to herself "Father... what would I call you that? You know nothing about being a father..."
Nite held out her hands and attracted a ball of lightning. "Here's a pressie just for you..." In that moment, Nite pictured in her mind the portal closing... as it did, she sent the bolt back to the Underworld along with the closed portal.
She smiled as she could faintly hear Mundus' screams.

Dante and Vergil had made light work of the hells.
"Too easy..." Dante joked
"You always say that brother" Vergil replied

Just as Nite was walking back towards the brothers, she felt very light headed. The katana disappeared and she fell to the ground.

"S**t..." Dante said. They both ran over to Nite.
"Is she okay Verge?"
"She's a Lunar Demon... she isn't supposed to be out at this time of the day."
"Let's get her back then" Dante said.

Vergil sat in the back seat of Dante's car and held Nite's head on his lap, she was lifeless.
Dante said,"Hold on you two. We'll be home soon."
-----------------------------------------------

As midnight approached... Nite still hadn't stirred.
Vergil had placed her on his bed.
It was raining, so the power of the moon wasn't going to help Nite now.
"What do we do Vergil?"
Vergil was looking through the books on Demonology. Nite's Demon heritage was rare so not much was known about it. "I'm not sure." He was in so much of a rush that he had to keep pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"What was that thing around her neck?" Dante asked
"If she ever wakes up... why don't you ask Nite herself... I am a bit busy" Vergil replied.
"She doesn't really seem to be... like us?" Dante said
"What are you talking about?"
"Have you seen her Devil Trigger yet?"
"No..." The mention of the Devil Trigger gave Vergil hope "Come on Dante, I've got an Idea"

Vergil ran upstairs... Dante followed behind.

"Well, bro... whadda we do?" Dante asked
"Go over to Nite's left side... put your hands on her arm and when i tell you... Devil Trigger"
"This is nuts Verge... what makes you think this will work?"
"She has spent most of her life in the Demon world... hopefully our demonic power will be enough to revive her... on three....one, two, three."
The boys triggered in unison. They directed their power towards Nite.

After a while, their power had faded away...
"What now?" Dante asked
"We wait..."
---------------------------

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Very Very interesting. I really like this.

*Ebony sits and waits patiently with D and V. :)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It was late afternoon the next day when Nite woke up.
She sat up in bed. The dark curtains kept the daylight out of the room. The only noise she could hear was coming from the traffic outside.
She steadily got up from the bed... Her body was stiff and very sore.When she took her first steps, her bones clicked and cracked. "Bloody hell!" She said to herself.
She never really spent much time in the Human world normally. Nite would come out of demon world, do the job, then go back. But, because she couldn't go back, the human world started to affect her. It made her wonder if Sparda had become weaker whilst in the human world.

Nite tip-toed her way down the stairs into the main office.
She was greeted by by a sight that she found hilarious. Dante and Vergil snuggled up on the sofa.
Dante had his head on Vergil's chest .Vergil was sat upright in the chair normally, and Dante was lying across the sofa... they were both snoring.

"Afternoon boys," she giggled "I didn't know that I would be walking down to a scene from a Yaoi book."
"What?" Dante and Vergil grunted in a daze.
They both looked at the position they were in before they realized.
"Get off of me" Vergil growled.
"My pleasure" Dante replied.
The boys stood up then looked at Nite... "Are you okay?" Dante asked.
"A bit sore... but, I'll survive." Nite replied.
"Good, I'll make some coffee" Dante chimed.
As Dante walked out of the room Vergil said, "Are you sure?"
"Yeah, Although, I am missing the Underworld..."
"Seriously?" Vergil asked
"Oh yes...and it's lovely stench of sulphur" She joked.
Nite then walked to the office window. She looked out to the traffic filled road and said, "That was a very good idea that you had... using your devil forms."
"It was Dante that gave me the idea."
"Really?"
"Well, he said something and I... you know"
"Right..."

"Here we go" Dante said putting the mugs onto the table.
"Thanks Dante." Nite said.
Vergil walked over to her "What are you thinking?"
"It's nothing really."
"Go on"
"I'd like to get out of here." Nite whispered.
"You can't, your too weak..." Vergil replied.
"Come with me then..." Nite then turned around " How about it Dante... an afternoon out."
"Okay, I'll get the car" Dante said as he grabbed Ebony, Ivory and Rebellion. Then ran to his desk to get the car keys, and shot out of the door.
"Wow... I've never seen him move so fast," Vergil said in astonishment.
-----------------------------------------------------

"Okay then...where shall we go?" Dante asked.
Nite was sprawled out on the back seat of the car, she loved the feeling of the wind rushing past her head at high speed, "Let's... get some food, head to a field with some tree's and have a picnic?"
Dante and Vergil looked at each other... "Seriously?" Dante said
"Yeah, I've never been on a picnic before." Nite replied
"We've got no money" Vergil said
"I've told you before... not to worry about that"
"What are you gonna do... rob a bank?" Dante chirped
Nite leaned over the back of the front seats and joked "shush, not so loudly... although, we do need to get to a bank."

Dante swerved a corner and screeched the car to a halt.
"You two go to the food store... get what you want and I'll be with you in a minute"
"What we want... Hell, I'm not gonna argue with that!!" Dante said.

The twins headed into the store.
Dante picked up some alcohol, and other junk food. Vergil picked up the more healthier stuff... soya based stuff... basically the stuff Dante wouldn't touch.
"I can't help but feel like we're taking advantage" Vergil said.
"She said whatever we want!" Dante replied.
Nite waved at the boys as she came into the store. She picked up a basket and dashed around the shop.
She picked up cola, crisps, chocolate and some fruit. When she met the twins at the checkout they looked at her basket with their mouths opened.
"That's worse than my diet" Dante said
"Hey, I'm in the human world... I need food to convert to energy. If I was back home, I wouldn't need to eat."
Nite paid for the food.
"$100?" Dante gasped.
"Shush" Vergil whispered.

They walked out of the shop and jumped back in the car. "By the way boys, we'll stop at the pizza place too."
"YEE-HA" Dante screamed
"It's like being with a child" Vergil mumbled

Nite ran off into a pizza parlour and bought pizza for all three of them.
"Dante... No Olives. Vergil... Olives. Me... Ham, Chicken, and onion... now we find a field and chow down."
--------------------------------------

They found a secluded hillside. There were a few trees so that Nite didn't have to spend too much time in the sun.
"I love human world food" Nite said
"Here try this", Vergil said handing Nite a piece of sushi.
Nite gushed and moaned at the flavor.
"You've never done that to a woman before.. have you Vergie?!
"Shut up Dante.. would you like some more Nite?"
"No thanks"

The three sat eating... well two sat eating... Dante sat there shovelling food into his mouth.
Nite leant back against a tree.A wave of pain shot through her back.
"What's the matter?" Dante asked.
"I've just got a pain in my back."
"Funny, I've got a pain in my neck." Vergil said looking at Dante.
Dante curled his top lip and mocked his brother.
Nite gasped again. Her back was stinging. It hurt ever since she was thrown out of hell.
Vergil got up and walked behind to where Nite was sitting. He rubbed Nite shoulders. As he was moving his hands he moved Nite's jacket.
"What the hell?" Vergil said scowling.
Vergil pulled down the neck of Nite's jacket further. Her clothes were black, so he couldn't see down her back very well.
"I think it's gonna be easier if you take your jacket off." Vergil said to Nite.
"I don't want to. I don't want to show you"
"Please Nite. You trust me? Don't you" Vergil asked
Nite sighed. She pulled off her jacket. Vergil rolled Nite's black shirt up her back.
" Who did this to you?" He shouted
"Did what?" Dante said getting up."Holy s**t!"
Across Nite's back were streaks of purple and blue skin... lash marks.

Tears ran down Nite's face... "I wanna go back to the office now..."
Dante helped Nite up and Vergil packed up the food.
Nite walked back to the car alone.
The brothers exchanged glances.

The ride back was quiet, in comparison to that afternoon's joyful excursion.
Nite sat in the back seat trying not to think.
Vergil kept looking in the rear mirror at the melancholy female, he had to get Nite to talk.
---------------------------------

Top Bottom