• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory on DMC reboot: "we're not pretending we're Japanese, or apologising for it"

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Dante from DMC 4?

images
Leon-Resident-Evil-6-resident-evil-28510808-620-338.jpg
Cannot argue on this one

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
RE4? Wasn't it all the way back to RE2? Or am I getting my games mixed up? I just thought Devil May Cry 1 was alot older.

Nah they both are same RE2 leon&DMC1 dante because DMC1 dante was supposed to be based on RE2 leon
images
images

So its nothing surprsing because leon in RE6 is something 35ish same age as Dante in DMC4

images
images

ZeroLove

Nah they both are same RE2 leon&DMC1 dante because DMC1 dante was supposed to be based on RE2 leon
images
images

So its nothing surprsing because leon in RE6 is something 35ish same age as Dante in DMC4

images
images

No, I mean, wasn't Dante and Devil May Cry supposed to be the sequal to the first Resident Evil, but was then scrapped and turned into a new original game instead? And then later Resident Evil 2 was made with Leon as main character. I believe that's how it went down.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No, I mean, wasn't Dante and Devil May Cry supposed to be the sequal to the first Resident Evil, but was then scrapped and turned into a new original game instead? And then later Resident Evil 2 was made with Leon as main character. I believe that's how it went down.

WHAT ??? original RE1.5 it was supposed to be little bit diffent from RE2 but was scrapped due to lack of generic atmosphere :-
This is the RE2 you're talking about

Just after when Re3 completed they started working on RE4 but it went through long long process four proposed versions of the game were discarded Initially developed for the PlayStation 2, the first attempt was directed by Hideki Kamiya after producer Shinji Mikami requested him to create a new entry in the Resident Evil series so It wasn't RE2 it was RE4 actually leon was supposed to look like RE2 rather then the RE4 we know :-
images
the environments highly resemble the mundus castle

ZeroLove

Okay, okay, let me rephrase my question then.
What number of Resident Evil was Devil May Cry supposed to be?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That's hard to believe since Devil May Cry is that much older than Resident Evil 4.

Man do you know the game production starts right after the previous game completes RE3 it was made in like 1999 so its production started right after they finished making it RE3.5 aka the scrapped version remade in DMC not RE2 lol it was wayy back 1998

ZeroLove

Man do you know the game production starts right after the previous game completes RE3 it was made in like 1999 so its production started right after they finished making it RE3.5 aka the scrapped version remade in DMC not RE2 lol it was wayy back 1998

I must be imagining things then. I just feel like DMC is older, but I guess it isn't, huh?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Its graphics are dated for ps2 that's all RE2 was released in 98 and RE3 was released in 99 and its production started for ps2 and was scrapped 4 times one version was made into DMC we all know and it got released in 2000 what does it has to do with 1998 RE2 ??

ZeroLove

Its graphics are dated for ps2 that's all RE2 was released in 98 and RE3 was released in 99 and its production started for ps2 and was scrapped 4 times one version was made into DMC we all know and it got released in 2000 what does it has to do with 1998 RE2 ??

I guess it's just me who is getting old. :D

ZeroLove

NT has done some neat work they've added some new melee moves and "Rising rainstorm" which looks Sick

Yeah, the gameplay in the new Devil May Cry looks quite neat, even if people are being iffy about the 30fps engine they use. I think it looks good though.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah, the gameplay in though.

IDK why they just won't release a proper gameplay vid which explains new elements like DMC3 trailer showing off new style mechanics and stuff they're wayy to much secretive look at RE6 even demo and release date is announced ! and still DmC is struggling to get one proper story trailer and release date

ZeroLove

IDK why they just won't release a proper gameplay vid which explains new elements like DMC3 trailer showing off new style mechanics and stuff they're wayy to much secretive look at RE6 even demo and release date is announced ! and still DmC is struggling to get one proper story trailer and release date

Rushing a game can also be a really bad thing, y'know. We've already seen some cool gameplay videos of the new Devil May Cry and they shouldn't reveal everything, just some of the key aspects and I think they already have with the trailers we have seen.

I think the reason they won't make a proper release date is because they want to make the game perfect! They have alot of pressure on their shoulders with this title.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Rushing a game can also be a really bad thing, y'know. We've already seen some cool gameplay videos of the new Devil May title.

Who is asking to rush them ?? i am just asking NT to provide me a decent story trailer like RE6 teaser not like someone puffing a cigar on demon's face that isn't a proper story trailer and about the gameplay i am still in the dark i don't know wtf is angel/demon trigger i don't know wtf weapons he is going to have i don't know exactly wtf is the combat scheme

Fazon

i
Keiji Inafune - another jerk to blame for this stupid directions happening in Japanese games.

I wonder how many games must be ruined before they will realize it's not the art style that matters, but the gameplay, story, music and atmosphere.

If Blood Omen 3 is in a contemporary setting i swear i will go mad...
indeed

Top Bottom