• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory has received death threats over Devil May Cry reboot

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
The hate for this game is getting ridiculous. Ever since this game was announced there are some things that make me embarrassed to be a Devil May Cry fan, and this is one of them. I know people don't like this game, they don't have too, but the amount of hate comments on places like youtube and gamefaqs is ridiculous. I say i'm embarrassed because people are going to assume all Devil May Cry fans are all like this. Its like the Sonic series, it has a reputation for having one of the worst fanbases. No matter what Sega does, people just b**** and moan; it's so bad that, as I said, its known for having one of the worst fanbases even though there are some that still enjoy sonic! This is giving DMC fans (and possibly capcom fans) a bad reputation. The people sending these death threats need to grow up and move on, its only a video game.

I can totally bow down and kiss your feet! But then again, I bow to no one. So all I have is this...... I ****ING AGREE WITH YOU!!!!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
This is utterly disgusting. A bunch of foolish little boys and girls sitting behind the safety of their screens and threatening the life of someone they've never met and don't even know all because he's part of a team making a game? Is this for real?

As I've said a billion times before, I actually am in complete agreement with a lot of what Tameem has to say about the DMC series, I agree with how he has responded to SOME of the criticism he has received and I think that people who get so wound up about something so utterly nothing in the grand scheme of things is just completely backwards and stupid. Get a new hobby or occasionally leave your computer screen to check that the outside world is still living because I can guarantee you that it is.

Also, one thing I need to stress here: would some of you guys please just allow others to say their thoughts? Without completely destroying their comments? If someone is mindlessly bashing another person, then fair enough - report and see what happens. But if they say "Dante's not cool" then suck it up and grow a pair - it's no big deal. It's NOTHING.

Lemme troll for a sec: Dante really is NOT cool. He might have been back in the day, but people have grown up, moved on and changed. What new potential fans are looking for is not necessarily what the old Dante could deliver. Another thing: the guy is NOT funny. NOTHING he says is even remotely amusing. Every single one-liner out of his mouth is embarrassing to hear. His dress sense, his humour, his "style", his actions - nothing cool there. The new Dante? I think this kid has potential and you need to remove the ENORMOUS stick from out of your backside to see that. Because like it or not, I'd wager it to be truth. No one knows enough to get all angry about the game anyway, no one here (as far as I know) has had exclusive game access to be able to really bash it for certain and the majority of hate comes from people who just get angry because they've run out of M&M's. Or whatever.

/opinion (not that I should have to even put that because it should be blindingly obvious I'm not speaking on behalf of all mankind or anything)

tl;dr - now go ahead. Report me. I promise to take it at least half-seriously :rolleyes:

ReRave

smug jerk
This is utterly disgusting. A bunch of foolish little boys and girls sitting behind the safety of their screens and threatening the life of someone they've never met and don't even know all because he's part of a team making a game? Is this for real?

As I've said a billion times before, I actually am in complete agreement with a lot of what Tameem has to say about the DMC series, I agree with how he has responded to SOME of the criticism he has received and I think that people who get so wound up about something so utterly nothing in the grand scheme of things is just completely backwards and stupid. Get a new hobby or occasionally leave your computer screen to check that the outside world is still living because I can guarantee you that it is.

Also, one thing I need to stress here: would some of you guys please just allow others to say their thoughts? Without completely destroying their comments? If someone is mindlessly bashing another person, then fair enough - report and see what happens. But if they say "Dante's not cool" then suck it up and grow a pair - it's no big deal. It's NOTHING.

Lemme troll for a sec: Dante really is NOT cool. He might have been back in the day, but people have grown up, moved on and changed. What new potential fans are looking for is not necessarily what the old Dante could deliver. Another thing: the guy is NOT funny. NOTHING he says is even remotely amusing. Every single one-liner out of his mouth is embarrassing to hear. His dress sense, his humour, his "style", his actions - nothing cool there. The new Dante? I think this kid has potential and you need to remove the ENORMOUS stick from out of your backside to see that. Because like it or not, I'd wager it to be truth. No one knows enough to get all angry about the game anyway, no one here (as far as I know) has had exclusive game access to be able to really bash it for certain and the majority of hate comes from people who just get angry because they've run out of M&M's. Or whatever.

/opinion (not that I should have to even put that because it should be blindingly obvious I'm not speaking on behalf of all mankind or anything)

tl;dr - now go ahead. Report me. I promise to take it at least half-seriously :rolleyes:

I had to change my pants after reading so much truth and insight.

Domenic93

it probably was just some people on 4chan at worst, because trust me I've searched all the hotspots on the internet for people who hate this game, and I haven't seen a single threat, the onlything I've found was a Anti-DmC death metal song, just the typical comics and pictures that everyone has already seen, and I say show us proof or it didn't happen

Tiran

The great pretender.
it probably was just some people on 4chan at worst, because trust me I've searched all the hotspots on the internet for people who hate this game, and I haven't seen a single threat, the onlything I've found was a Anti-DmC death metal song, just the typical comics and pictures that everyone has already seen, and I say show us proof or it didn't happen
A really bad Death metal song.

ZeroLove

I too think Dante is outdated. The Divine Comedy is so 12th century.

I see what you did there. XD
I wouldn't say Dante is outdated and not cool anymore. Many animé character still share Dante's style and attitude. It is just not considered all that cool in the more western part of the world. It's actually incredible to think about how different Asian culture is from the rest of the world.

Railazel

? hmmm.....idk what you mean by this so i will try to get back on topic.
death threats = bad. original dante would be disappointed at these people.
I was joking, I really wouldn't support threatening people.

But seriously though, if people want DMC to go back to the way it was, boycott the reboot and buy the HD version of the old games.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Never read Dante's Inferno...only ever heard references to it. One of these days I may just take a look at it.

Chaos Raiden, you are now cited on the front page ;)

Devil Won't Cry - Ninja Theory receives death threats over DmC

I am honoured. :D

Still can't make sense to me as to why the hardcore fans are so agitated about Dante's changes and send death threats to Ninja Theory. The hate on Dante's changes is understandable, but the death threats are not helping things either.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Completely unacceptable. I can't believe we good fans are lumped in with trash like this. Sending a death threat to someone you don't even know, from the safety of anonymity? Yep, way to be a rebel. You're no better than any other troll, you're just trying to start fires, cause arguments. Whoever sent this death threat... Would you kindly STFU and GTFO of your house for just TEN minutes? Please? Maybe you'd see your extreme bias has become outdated.

People like this sicken me and I won't stand for something like this tarnishing the DMC fanbase's reputation. We already had a blemish with the Nero fiasco, but that was the tip of the iceberg compared to this. This is just pure stupidity on a level I thought previously unattainable by DMC fans.

And honestly... Now I've become embarrassed. Embarrassed to be put in the same group as the nerd-ragers who think it's the right train of thought to send death threats. Embarrassed to be even THOUGHT of as part of the same group. It's absolutely vulgar and sickening and I won't have any part of it, thank you very much, Sir Nerd-Ragin'.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
i just have to say that there are two kinds of people in this world stupid/bad and sensible/good and we all know where these people who give the death threats fall in

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I've never read the Divine Comedy either, but we did play the musical piece from it called 'Ascension' in my high school band (that's the AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL HAR HAR). It was a very high performing high school band... Most every section usually got one or more students accepted into the top players in the state.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking more of the game than the book.

People don't have problem with fans overreacting but to the extant of a death threat is too much.

There are easier ways to protest a game.

Top Bottom