• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory has received death threats over Devil May Cry reboot

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
sorry chocolateghost, it was the official 360 magazine and it was from Company member Alex Jones:
"its pretty hard for me to back the decisions we made without showing actual gameplay to the public"
Obviously more trailers... they're afraid to go 'full-steam-ahead' just incase they get it wrong.
And the articles are great... my fave thing points out how infuriated 'fanboys' will be if its good and it does well...

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don't support death threats. You all know how much i dislike Tameem Antoniades.

But you wanna know what the X is DMC DNA? Dante is!

That "DNA" is no longer. So X you Tameem.
Ninja theory isn't to blame for the bad copy, Capcom is.
But saying Dante is no longer cool?

BEYOND FORGIVENESS.

ZeroLove

It is so sad that some people can get so attached to something fictional that they are willing to break the law and dish out death threats. They are just not right in their heads, there is seriously something wrong with those people. They must miss something in their lives and are trying to fill the void with fiction instead of facing reality and do something about their problems and then they take it out on others like that. It's just really sad.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
And here I thought the bitching on the Devil May Cry page on Facebook was bad enough. Death threats? Really people? Have you no common sense? It is a game. A form of entertainment. There is no reason to grab tourches and pitchforks and acting like madmen over something that is fictional. I expected this kind of behavior from 12 year old Twilight fangirls.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
this is a little scary and unnecessary as their are better ways of protesting this game.
Just make it clear that you aint going to buy it.
No need to threathen or do a "occupy NT".
this aint worth killing over.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Death threats? Over a video game?
No wonder why Tameem acts like a **** sometimes.
Please stop...
Death threats are reaction to Tameem bad mouthing DMC. It came after Tameem talked trash not before.
So don't put what Tameem has said aside and say "He did it because people threatened him". Threats came AFTER!

Game companies can do whatever they like and get away with it because we Gamers aren't united against them. We fight eachother instead of the problem : THE GAME COMPANIES. That is why certain developers shows disrespect like Tameem Antoniades. The only way to protest is through peace. But just because Tameem has gotten death threats it does not justify his behaviour.

1:58 to 2:10 (relevant part of my point):

When Capcom or other game developers treats us gamers bad they either apologize or not. In Tameem's case he never said sorry to DMC fans. A honest apology from Tameem would make MANY DMC fans say "He apologized. He's cool!".
Me personally i not forgive him but not continue bashing him.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Why would Tamtam talk trash to dmc fans before they provoked him? Alex Jones seemed like he felt the same way too.
And who cares about game developers anyways?
Thats taking things way to personal. To many interviews for these new games and all you care about is an apology.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Why would Tamtam talk trash to dmc fans before they provoked him? Alex Jones seemed like he felt the same way too.
And who cares about game developers anyways?
Thats taking things way to personal. To many interviews for these new games and all you care about is an apology.
You know what you do when your dealing with a game that many fans love? You don't provoke those fans! You don't go saying "Old Dante is no longer cool" but go and be a hypocrite and make DmC Dante a 1970 type of character because that's how UK youths look like after the impact of punk movement which was from 1970.

Again Tameem trashtalked before fans "provoked" him.
But i see it...you want to let go off this discussion now.

First we discuss it, then when you see that your wrong you go on the same old excuse every Ninja theory supporter use to justify their TamTam or Ninja Tam "Why do you care, your taking it personal. So many interviews and all you care about is apology".

About those interviews TONS of them repeat the same -----crap. TOOOOONS.
And i want a apology.

Because i am a potential customer. And where i work if i tell a customer "You look ugly" i will be fired, as well be shouted at by the customer. Dante is a character but i like him along with MANY DMC fans. So when a pompus and arrogant scum says "He's no longer cool" and "Skeptics secretly want to like DmC" i say "HELLL NO you scum".

Like Vergil says "SCum die!".

And the money i am to spend on a game is money earned from hardwork. It's money that i want to spend on a game that i know will be great. And Tameem thinks Dante is not cool. He thinks Dante is not cool ....seriously?
He thinks AAA games are crushing "innovation". You know what innovation is? Innovation is not entirely dependt on MONEY. A small game with GREAT and Unique gameplay is INNOVATION. Not a stuck up high graphic game with ONLY story as main thing.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I only read the first line because... Well yeah.
Because he said the old Dante is not cool?
Cry me a river will ya?
Im sure VergilsBitch thinks Dante is not cool. Should she apologize too?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I only read the first line because... Well yeah.
Because he said the old Dante is not cool?
Cry me a river will ya?
Im sure VergilsBitch thinks Dante is not cool. Should she apologize too?
VergilsBitch can say Dante is not cool as much she wants. That's her opinion. I respect that.
And i am not crying you a river. I am telling you how it is, but your rejecting it.

I will stop then because i don't want to created a meaningless argument.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Um... Many people might say what I like isn't cool, I don't take it as an insult to me rather a critique on the subject itself. That's simply Tameems take on Dante. Personally, there are many things I cannot stand about Ruben Langdon's Dante. That's simply my opinion and I and anyone else has every right to express what they think. Nothing was said by me directly about the fans, who do like him, for liking him. (Unlike twilight and Justin Bieber fans who are constantly trashed for their unwavering allegiance to mass produced watered down teen trash.) Using Tameem is just a hot button used to cause controversy by people who would still not support this game otherwise.

ZeroLove

Um... Many people might say what I like isn't cool, I don't take it as an insult to me rather a critique on the subject itself. That's simply Tameems take on Dante. Personally, there are many things I cannot stand about Ruben Langdon's Dante. That's simply my opinion and I and anyone else has every right to express what they think. Nothing was said by me directly about the fans, who do like him, for liking him. (Unlike twilight and Justin Bieber fans who are constantly trashed for their unwavering allegiance to mass produced watered down teen trash.) Using Tameem is just a hot button used to cause controversy by people who would still not support this game otherwise.

Quoted for truth.

ReRave

smug jerk
Well, there isn't really anything to add. I can only repeat what people before me have already written: Death threats are nuts. There is absolutely no reason at all, to get this heated over a game.
I don't even understand, what the fuss was all about back in 2010, when this whole mess came up.

Haha, smooth, dude. :cool:

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
The hate for this game is getting ridiculous. Ever since this game was announced there are some things that make me embarrassed to be a Devil May Cry fan, and this is one of them. I know people don't like this game, they don't have too, but the amount of hate comments on places like youtube and gamefaqs is ridiculous. I say i'm embarrassed because people are going to assume all Devil May Cry fans are all like this. Its like the Sonic series, it has a reputation for having one of the worst fanbases. No matter what Sega does, people just b**** and moan; it's so bad that, as I said, its known for having one of the worst fanbases even though there are some that still enjoy sonic! This is giving DMC fans (and possibly capcom fans) a bad reputation. The people sending these death threats need to grow up and move on, its only a video game.

Top Bottom