• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Gaiden is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Seriously. I my brother rented NG 2 at his place (he got 360, I dont) and I attempt to play (even though I hate 360) and I cant even get past the first part. Why the hell are NG games so hard!? Thats BS! I hated NG, NG Black, and NG Sigma as is because of ridiculous difficulty but I thought I'll give NG2 the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, WTF is wrong with the creator of NG!? NG2 is harder than Contra and Battletoads combined!!! I just quit and drunk sum Long Island ice tea to cool my nerves. If I didnt, I would of broken that NG2 disk.

Sparda™

Played It over a friend's. Seriously, the game is ridiculous in all aspects - gameplay, storyline, character depth.

And Itagaki also makes statements like Kobayashi and Mikami make 'good' games. P-lease! Team Ninja just keeps bragging and nothing actually comes up.

I wouldn't say crap, but It's not worth the hype.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'll say it once and I'll say it again.

1: What's the point in spewing hate about a game?

2: Ninja Gaiden was never DESIGNED to be picked up and played by a casual gamer, it's always been an insanely difficult game to just pick up and play without former experience, I'll be the first to admit it's not exactly ideal for everyone, but despite that, it's got a huge cult following that would tend to disagree with you, thing is, the sheer, ball-busting difficulty of the game is what makes it both great and unique, as opossed to all these games now that you can pick up and finish in a day or two.

Esura

Angelo Credo;119590 said:
I'll say it once and I'll say it again.

1: What's the point in spewing hate about a game?

2: Ninja Gaiden was never DESIGNED to be picked up and played by a casual gamer, it's always been an insanely difficult game to just pick up and play without former experience, I'll be the first to admit it's not exactly ideal for everyone, but despite that, it's got a huge cult following that would tend to disagree with you, thing is, the sheer, ball-busting difficulty of the game is what makes it both great and unique, as opossed to all these games now that you can pick up and finish in a day or two.

I like easy games you can finish quick. Its the reason why I like DMC2 and Heavenly Sword. A hard game doesnt make a good game, or at least to me. The only reason I put up with the DMC series is because of Dante and Nero.

Sparda™

The game's quality isn't defined by its level of difficulty. There are various elements in making a decent game.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well then of course you're not going to like it, with that game, patience is key, and with games that you can finish easily, there's little to none of that involved, and if you don't like games that take a decent amount of time to finish...Then...Well, I don't know, I don't see the point in finishing a game quickly, it takes the fun out of it entirely to be done with it as fast as you can, thing is, with Ninja Gaiden, it's got that value of knowing it'll actually take you a decent amount of time to finish, so you get to enjoy the spectacle for longer, as opossed to other games where it rushes by you so fast that you might miss it if you blink.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119593 said:
The game's quality isn't defined by its level of difficulty. There are various elements in making a decent game.

To me, it seriously is. I get ****ed too easily on a hard game. Been like that since I started gaming (around 4 years old).

@ Creedo
The only type of games that I make an exception to in difficulty are RPG game. Imma hardcore RPG nut.

Sparda™

Well, then, don't throw insults at a game you know Its difficulty level. Since you like easy games, you should know well which ones are to be played, and which not.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119596 said:
Well, then, don't throw insults at a game you know Its difficulty level. Since you like easy games, you should know well which ones are to be played, and which not.

Itagaki dude said NG2 was at least going to have a nice learning curve so I gave it go. And dude, as a warning, dont tell me not to throw insults at a game. Thats my right. Its not like I insulted anyone.

Sparda™

Don't put It to a personal view here, DUDE.

Check what people say in the forums on the Internet, check what your X360-equipped friends say, play the game at someone's house, rent It, I don't know. People did put effort on making that game. It's another thing how It came out. None of us here, except the guys who made It, can b1tch about the game's outcome.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119602 said:
Don't put It to a personal view here, DUDE.

Check what people say in the forums on the Internet, check what your X360-equipped friends say, play the game at someone's house, rent It, I don't know. People did put effort on making that game. It's another thing how It came out. None of us here, except the guys who made It, can b1tch about the game's outcome.

Your logic is flawed. The consumers who are ACTUALLY buying and renting the product have every right to b itch if it sucks or praise it if its good. They are the consumers. Thats their right. If the game was free, I would agree with you, since its free. Its stupid to b itch over free stuff, however, people are BUYING! Consumers have the right to b itch!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
It might have been more accurate to say it's pretty damn hard. That's true, even on the easiest difficulty you'll generally be dead after a few hits but Gaiden is now a cult game.

Now when you're asked why you think it's crap and your answer is a whiney "It's too hard." It's not the NG team who are going to look idiotic.

I mean if you had actually bought it unknowingly, fair enough. The fact is that the Ninja Gaiden games have had that reputation since their birth. Any gamer worth their salt knows that.

Sorry if I sound blunt.

Esura

The Phantarch;119612 said:
It might have been more accurate to say it's pretty damn hard. That's true, even on the easiest difficulty you'll generally be dead after a few hits but Gaiden is now a cult game.

Now when you're asked why you think it's crap and your answer is a whiney "It's too hard." It's not the NG team who are going to look idiotic.

I mean if you had actually bought it unknowingly, fair enough. The fact is that the Ninja Gaiden games have had that reputation since their birth. Any gamer worth their salt knows that.

Sorry if I sound blunt.

Its really not whiney nor idiotic to say a game is hard and thats quite ignorant to say.

Also, games has been changing as of late. I assumed NG2 was changed from its predecessors. I assumed wrong.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119609 said:
Did you buy It?! You, personally?

Your brother rented the game...Why are you complaining?

WITH MY MONEY!

He just had the car to drive up to Hollywood Videos. I didnt pass my driver's test yet. And he got a discount card.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;119631 said:
You first say your brother rented It, and then you bought It! Whatever!

WTF! Stop going off topic.
We are discussing the logic of my hate for NG series dude.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Dark Esura;119588 said:
(even though I hate 360)

I use to be a dumb kid like you once, but then I realized as a gamer I love everything that involves gaming. Doesn't really matter what system you play gaming is still gaming.

2, you're an idiot.(never thought I would have to be mean online)

Yes Ninja Gaiden is a hard game, but as with all hard games you adjust to the playing style. Stop being a baby go back and play the game and have yourself a challenging good time.

Keaton

Premium
This thread is nothing but Trolling from the title.
I have asked, in a similar thread as this that everyone approaches likes and dislikes of games politely because there are fans here. I like NGII and yeah its tough, but its a tough game.

I'm locking this right now and I am also going to say that I am getting a little tired with all the trolling and flaming that seems to be spreading lately, and so, from this point forth I will be deducting rep accordingly to the crime.

Naturally I will still award Rep to great and relevant posts, but things are getting out of hand. This thread fails, if you want to discuss your hate of a game Esura do it via PM's with someone who shares your hate. If you’re going to make a thread about it, keep it open minded so you allow fans to argue their point in a mature fashion.

Nuff Said...thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom