• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Gaiden 3 sucks. Why?

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
So i took the time to look at the new Ninja Gaiden 3 game. I looked at reviews Magizens and even saw some small gameplay. The Game Sucks. With a captial SUCKS.
They dumbed it down so much that in hero mode you don't even have to do anything with the controller to do stuff, Ryuu will block bullets and attack on his own. You praticly have to kill your self PROPOUSLY! in order to die in the game. Where as in the last two you die at least 5 times before you figure out the pattern of your enemy. And this time, pressing one button will cut a guys head off with out even trying.
In the last to, you NEEDED relexes. Or you wouldn't so much as get past the 1st Chapter!
They've dumbed it down so much, a 3 year could play it. And I am not kidding either.
I give this game a 4.5 rating, I'm not impressed one bit. Whats your opion on this?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know, i so disapointed by this!
I love the Nijna Gaiden games, but this was a bad bad move.

They gave in to the "fans" whining about it being too hard and they took out my favorite part of the game, dismemberment/obliteration techniques!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The story was ass and it didnt think itself true or go far enough to convince me of its themes.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I thought the presentation of the game was the best. But why, why make the game a piece of cake? And you can only use a katana? huh? why? who decided that? at what meeting did they discuss that more than one weapon is a bad thing. And if they were going to use just a katana, how come the combat never changes through out the whole game? Its like playing the LONGEST DEMO EVER

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Ever since Tomonobu Itagaki left, Tecmo has been on a whole new reworking spree.
The victims? Ninja Gaiden 3 and DOA 5.
Poor Ryu....

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Now if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to play a real man's game. *pulls out NGII, begins playing* Lunar Scythe FTW.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Game sucks ass yo, knew it would after playing it at Eurogamer.

Seriously, never died once during that segment, QTEs out the ass, insta-kill everything on screen without any real effort, restore all your health with your ninpo.
I was genuinely perplexed, turned out it was even on the hardest difficulty as well, I can only imagine someone had the same reaction as me and cranked it up.

I do not know what Team Ninja were thinking, but I can only imagine it went something like this.

Dev 1: "Hey, let's take Ninja Gaiden and casualise it to cater to morons, alienating our entire fanbase in the process and guaranteeing we never sell another game ever again!"

Dev 2: "Sounds like a great idea!"

Then their brains began leaking out of their ears.

Demon619

Deadman walking
So...they basically killed the most important and well known part of the entire franchise?...the difficulty...

Wow, I would think they would have killed the story, characters, and graphics before they did that...thats just sad.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I just got done watchings the entire playthrough on hard and i gotta say that on hard it actually looks very fun and frantic. But then i guess thats it since there isn't any other difficulty after that. I thought the story was very good. And the arm thing actually made me think that Ryu is a complete murdering ninja and when he interacts with his team, more so a little girl who is deadly afraid of him at first. I almost felt a little sympathy for him and his journey and what would happen by the end of the game, way more than i felt for him in other games.

But the fact that on Hard mode, the guy playing the walkthrough only started to die after the 4th day was a big let down because NG1 on hard will kill you no matter what level your on.

Top Bottom