• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

nightmare weapon ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's something I drew a while back.

Fgallery5-11.jpg

I think if we combine the helmet, chest and arm design and combine it with this guy...

Fgallery5-8.jpg

We'd be in business! What do you think? Are they good enough? I mean, I DID draw these...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
hey hello anyone here we've got work to do ( fun work but it still needs to be done ( well technicly it dosen't have to be done but still you get my point)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, I think we've run out of meaningful letters. We should start working on the one's that don't have meaning. I got one!

Nightmare Epsilon: A high-powered machine gun that can be changed into a sniper rifle.

I chose the sniper rifle idea because having a sniper would be totally new for a DMC game. However, with this comes a price. The gun has limited ammo. You must collect Black Orbs to replenish certain weapon's ammo. If your weapons have full ammo, Black Orbs are converted randomly into Devil Trigger energy or health.

Now that I have the Black Orb idea, I was wondering... Should DMC have an ammo system? I mean, E&I wouldn't have ammo, but other guns would. What do you think?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
darkslayer13;202643 said:
we're almost out of usefull meanings and i cant think of any for the two left so im going to start on the other ones

epsilon: a blade of pure energy ( basicly a demonic lightsaber blade color varys based on the deamons aura )
next challange think of a cool weapon for stigma ( not to be confused with sigma)

i made this post a while ago it included epsilon so your going to have to use the next letter.

i've always wanted to use black orbs for somthing. but not limited ammo. do you realize how annoying limited ammo can get. some games it works but devl may cry is not one of those games. so its best to stick with infinite ammo for all wepons. its good that your thinking outside the box but think of something else. maybie on the other side of the box.

aka958

Don't trust people
I was forced to post here, a little late but still.

Great idea, i think i read it before but don't remember and i'll just guess that it is great.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm still here. Running out of ideas though. I think Black Orbs should be the uber rare "Wholly **** I GOT one!?" item of DMC5. Black Orbs always come in full, no fragments, and they up both your health bar AND your DT gauge. Also, DMC5 should be the first game to let you get Purple Orbs without buying them. Here's the Black Orbs item description.

"An arcane stone created from raw demonic power. It surges with energy, and will power up your abilities greatly."

I also have another idea for a gameplay mechanic. When you get low on health in DMC2, you could go into Desperation Devil Trigger, correct? I think this needs to be explained in DMC5. After getting it, there's an entire mission where you're stuck in DDT, and you gain the ability to use it freely after that mission. This is where another new orb idea of mine comes into play. It's called the "Rainbow Orb" and they're dropped about as commonly as White Orbs. Rainbow Orbs fill a "Desperation Gauge" that, when filled completely, allow use of the DDT for as long as the gauge lasts. Buying "Rainbow Charms" from the Statue of Time will increase the capacity of this gauge, and therefore let you use DDT longer.

No Nightmare weapon ideas, but good ideas for gameplay, right?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
good ideas. it whould be cool to have a orb for every color.

the point of a despeation devil trigger is that he is desperate ( AKA. about to die) when he uses it. however the rainbow orb could be used for a differnt kind of special devil trigger. ( its okay to have more than one.)

lets continue this discussion in my dmc5 thread it actually fits there.

the best way to come up with a nightmare weapon is to just pick a random existing weapon and make a energy version, or a organic version which ever one fits the type of weapon.
and you can pick another letter for your epsion idea. ( or if you are really set on using epsion i could swich what letter my epsion idea uses.)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
just making sure this thread dosen't go away

oh and i have an idea

zeta- a organic katana that allows the user to skip part of a movement. instantly moving the sword or even the entire user . ( zeta is 7 the letter before it is 5 so it skips six so this weapon skips movements )

well turns out there was another weapon with a meaning that is useful to come up with ideas

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nightmare Kappa: A long chain used as a whip. Contains the ability to vanquish evil. (A reference to the Vampire Killer whip used in Castlevania)

Nightmare Lambda (it can be spelled Lambda or Lambada. They both mean the same thing): A bladed boomerang. It can be straightened out to use like a sword, but can only be used to slash with gunslinger mode. (Like Nevan can only slash in Swordmaster)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
And while I'm at it, my original Nightmare Epsilon will be changed to Nightmare Nu, because 50 sounds like the normal amount of bullets in a Machine Gun's/Sniper Rifle's clip.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
ok that works. but you don't really need a reason at this point. come up with ideas for weapons then just use the first unused letter. it saves time.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nightmare Rho: A sword that seems to be made of crystal. Slow, but powerful.

Nightmare Sigma: Nightmare Stigma's little brother. It's a small dagger that stuns enemies with it's blinding speed. (No, it literally stuns enemies.) Can be used in tandem with Stigma or alone.

Nightmare Upsilon: A huge, seemingly heavy sword that controls time. Using Quicksilver will double it's strength.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
good ideas but im not sure how i whold have sigma and stigma work together. so please make that part of your idea more specific.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Basically you would use Stigma as a sabre (It doubles as a sword) and Sigma would be used as a parrying dagger. Basically, Sigma takes the backseat, although it is still used in combos, Stigma takes the spotlight.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i get that part but im wondering more how it whold be incoperated into games. whould it be as simple as haveing " sigma", "stigma" and "sigma and stigma" as three differnt weapons or did you have a more imaginative idea in mind. ( or did you forget that i am going to be using these ideas )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom