• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

nightmare weapon ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the seven sins concept is already used in dmc but i suppose it can be used again

okay let me think ( crap can"t ...focus ....cat sitting on...me .....)
i'll get back to you later on the specific weapons
( maybe it could be a devil arm version of pandora )

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;202646 said:
Nightmare Stigma: Seven different weapons, each powered by one of the seven deadly sins. Comes as a set, and some can be dual-weilded. I'll leave what the indvidual weapons are to you, DS13, okay?

i've realized that my descrption of stigma is a little inaccuate. it has more to do with shame and isolation. the part about sin is only there because of the shame that comes from sins. and not all of the seven sins whould cause shame. someone might be ashamed of actions done because of lust or gluttony. shame may contribute to low self esteem whitch is part of envy.but pride and greed defintly dont cause shame ( even when they should). sloth and wrath might or might not.
your idea is cool and i want to use it but i'm going to have to use it somewhere else.

so that means the challange is still open

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Shame... Alright.

Nightmare Stigma: A spear that causes pain through shameful, false memories. These memories, though false, confuse the target while causing pain. However, it causes very little physical damage. Used to stun enemies.

How's that for unique?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
stun the enemey by making it ashamed of its self. odd but odd is what i'm looking for. hey what happend to that other person contributing. and can you try to get a few more people involved

i actually have some ideas for what to do with that 7 sins idea you had it won't be a nightmare weapon but i think i know what to do with it. just wait untill i get to it in my dmc5 idea thread.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
is eveybody out of ideas we have a lot but there is still quite a bit to do

alpha: miniature version of nightmares primary weapon an ice cannon ( darth angelo)
beta: muti shot ( in dmc1)
gamma: improve other nightmares (darth angelo)
delta: muti form (dreadnought dt)
epsilon: a blade of pure energy (darkslayer13)
eta and heta: dual energy pistols lower rate of fire than bullets but stronger (darkslayer13)
theta: gathers 9 dead souls into a ball of fire and fires it causes alot of damage (darkslayer13)
iota: attatches to other weapons it dosen" t accomplish mutch but is has a secret use (dreadnought dt)
mu: demonic water gun only works underwater (darth angelo)
xi: a devil arm that takes the form of of a sword attatced to a giant die that is rolled with each attack. if it hits the ground somthing happens based on what you roll.(darkslayer13
omicron: a gauntlet/greaves weapon( darkslayer 13)
pi: a large bladed ring (darkslayer 13)
tau: a weapon that heals the user it draws on the enemies life force (dreadnought dt)
omega: high powerd demonic armor with mutiple weapons attacted, the last in the nightmare project ( dreadnought dt)
Nightmare Stigma: A spear that causes pain through shameful, false memories.(dreadnought dt)

final challange ( but not the last thing to do ) nightmare phi

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nightmare Phi: Nightmare Omega's true form. If it's combined with Gamma and Iota, an unlimited power is born.

I'll try to see what Darth Angelo is doing. Last I checked, he said he wasn't interested in this anymore. I don't know why...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;203327 said:
I'll try to see what Darth Angelo is doing. Last I checked, he said he wasn't interested in this anymore. I don't know why...

When was that?:huh:

I am having trouble thinking of devil arms. My problem is that I associate Nightmare beta with a gun too much so everytime I end up making a gun in my head even when im trying to make a devil arm lol.

Once we run out of letters with meanings are we doing the rest from scratch?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
dreadnought dt: omega, gamma and iota together whould just be omega equipped with gamma and iota. no reason to give that is own name, and the symbol for the devine proportion deserves a bit more don't you think so.

darth angelo: holy crap where have you been. and yeah for the ones i couldn't find usefull meanings for just make somthing up. i recommend using Nightmare's weapons as a source of idea's after all it is the centerpeace of the whole thing.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No, Nightmare Phi is Nightmare Omega in an awakened state. Nightmare Omega is the "dormant" state of Nightmare Phi. Nightmare Phi is the same thing as Omega, just powered by divine power. Also, it isn't a suit of armor anymore. No, it's powered armor complete with six different weapons. A spear, a sword, a buster sword, a dagger, a spiked shield, and an axe. See? It's more unique than you thought.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
ok, it's unique but phi should still be its own thing and not another form of somthing else and omega is the end there can't be something after omega it's the final letter.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Fine... What if Nightmare Phi was made from a divine source? Sort of like a "God Gun"... I still think my old idea was better. Maybe Omega and Phi could be switched around so that Omega is Phi's awakened form. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right when you get an idea shot down like that...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
sorry i don't mean to be rude but im not very good at finding polite ways to say things.and its never plesent to be told that an idea of yours isn't good. but i have a very good opinion of most of your ideas. i hope that makes you feel at least a little better.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, at least you know how I feel. Anyway, do you think that Omega being the true form of Phi would work?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
there is no reason for it to not work and i can't think of any ideas for Phi so lets try to come up with a few details for Phi. we could use omega's orginal description for Phi whith a few modifications to fit the theme and then change omega to be even more impressive.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;204574 said:
there is no reason for it to not work and i can't think of any ideas for Phi so lets try to come up with a few details for Phi. we could use omega's orginal description for Phi whith a few modifications to fit the theme and then change omega to be even more impressive.

I think Phi should look kind of like this picture of Golbez from Final Fantasy. check it out!

591px-Dissidia_Golbez.png

And then this could be what Omega looks like.

Gabranthiddia_Art.jpg

Sorry for the GINORMOUS picture, but it's the smallest I could find. :p I think the helmet needs some redesigning though...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
due to Phi's connection with nature and the fact that Nightmare is a bioweapon it should be more organic looking. remember phi represents a ratio that is one of the basic rules of nature. omega however can look more mettalic after all as long as nothing comes after it it fits the theme. good ideas though.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Maybe Phi should look like how the Sparda sword does. All fleshy and whatnot. But it has to be solid enough to withstand heavy blows.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
that sounds about right except Phi has to look really pretty after all it is also used in art and arcetecture. and the pure expressions of nature are also supposed to be pretty. so imagine a pretty version of the sparda swords texture and you have the perfect look for Phi.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No! Wait! Instead of looking like the Sparda sword, what if it's made out of crystal? I like the idea of a suit of crystal armor. The helmet would have two horns and a very thin slit visor. Then, the shoulders would spike to look like castle towers. The elbows would have spikes, as would the knees. Then, the arms would be covered in a flexible crystal that has two blades on each hand that can fold out. Finally, in the middle of the chest is a beating, organic heart. How's THAT for exploiting nature's beauty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom