• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

News and Updates (No Personal Posts)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Dante showcase stream from Capcom.

- Shows off a Secret Mission and how they appear. This time they let you immediately retry if you fail
- Shows Twosome Time, which can benefit from charge shots
- You don't have to land strikes with Balrog in order to heat it up
- Rainstorm can be used multiple times in the air to keep yourself up
- Cavalier has an aerial launcher that can be used to keep popping the enemy into the air

I gotta say as nice as Air Trick is, using it to close incredible gaps lacks a lot of style and finesse, since you just teleport into the air and have to drop back to the floor to do anything. From mid-range it's good, but its clunk shows from anything further.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Someone was asking about Trish's model, then @TWOxACROSS made one bad joke.

Anyway, here's an apparent answer. Ariana Diamant.

4da73bfcba508.jpg

Edit:
They should've kept the hair.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Someone was asking about Trish's model, then @TWOxACROSS made one bad joke.

Anyway, here's an apparent answer. Ariana Diamant.

4da73bfcba508.jpg

Edit:
They should've kept the hair.

Excuse you! "Bad joke?" I'll have you know I reached deep for that one. DEEP.

Anyway, the YouTube version of that Dante showcase was cut off a bit from its beginning, but the only interesting thing mentioned from the missing minutes before (from watching on facebook) is that to switch between Balrog's "Blow" and "Kick" modes, you use R1+Back+Triangle, which is...really funky. I also haven't been able to quite figure it out, but the shoulder spikes Dante gets aren't always there, and I think you can use them in a shoulder check or something. Their appearance does not seem tied to the flaming mechanic the weapon uses, nor does it seem particularly tied to Blow or Kick mode.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Excuse you! "Bad joke?" I'll have you know I reached deep for that one. DEEP.
If that's you reaching deep your poetry must be... riveting.

is that to switch between Balrog's "Blow" and "Kick" modes, you use R1+Back+Triangle, which is...really funky
That's... Odd. That's every specifically what you'd use for a launcher. A very odd choice. You know, I've heard rumors that the style switching is no longer mapped to the D-Pad, either. It's rumor, so I put little stock to it but you never know. Still, here's what I thought was odd, I always assumed that the 'stances' were actually just desperate weapons because when I saw that the gauntlets and the greaves switch it always looked like it was weapons switching, and sounded like it, too.

I think that they understand that weapons and style switching was way too counterintuitive and they still wanted to keep them so they altered the systems to be more... I want to say accessible but I think easy is the proper word.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If that's you reaching deep your poetry must be... riveting.

That's... Odd. That's every specifically what you'd use for a launcher. A very odd choice. You know, I've heard rumors that the style switching is no longer mapped to the D-Pad, either. It's rumor, so I put little stock to it but you never know. Still, here's what I thought was odd, I always assumed that the 'stances' were actually just desperate weapons because when I saw that the gauntlets and the greaves switch it always looked like it was weapons switching, and sounded like it, too.

I think that they understand that weapons and style switching was way too counterintuitive and they still wanted to keep them so they altered the systems to be more... I want to say accessible but I think easy is the proper word.

That seems really odd, how are the Styles mapped if not to the D-Pad, I wonder. That's four keys you have to account for.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That seems really odd, how are the Styles mapped if not to the D-Pad, I wonder. That's four keys you have to account for.
It's only a rumor so don't put too much stock in it but I'll go see if I can find it and you can read the explanation for yourself. Not sure I can explain it as well as that thing said.

Edit.
Well, found that rather quickly. Anyway, ultra, major spoilers if true:

gmc

It's only a rumor so don't put too much stock in it but I'll go see if I can find it and you can read the explanation for yourself. Not sure I can explain it as well as that thing said.

Edit.
Well, found that rather quickly. Anyway, ultra, major spoilers if true:
'Your style will be whatever the last action you did was'. That was debunked along with half of this, eg. nero left dante behind,they didnt escape together, also vergil vs V, that guy doesnt stand a chance against vergil he doesnt even have demon blood in him for spardas sake

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So much about that is so terribly off-base, given what we've seen. You can literally watch players in the footage freely switching to their desired style with the press of a button. Thing about shotgun sounds off, and so does "Royal Guard is out" since...well...it's right there.

Goldsickle

The thing about changing Trish's face is that it also automatically changes Eva, since Trish was made to resemble Eva.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm wondering why NPCs have alternate colors...

Nico makes sense since you have to go her pretty often during gameplay as Nero. You know spice things up a bit whenever you have to see her in the shop. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets alternate/DLC costume options.

Lady and Trish don't know why. I also don't know why V hasn't got any alternate colors or DLC bonus.....yet.

Top Bottom